• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop delayed to September 14th 2021 (Prev release date: 21st May)

DonJorginho

Banned

kig1GYV.jpg

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I promised myself I wouldn't be surprised by any 2021 game delays - because there's gonna be a lot - but Deathloop? This thing is on every sizzle reel right now. As someone that wants to play it I'm actually sick to death of seeing it.

That said, if the WoW TBC Classic pre-patch does indeed drop on the "leaked" May 18th, this actually works out fine for me. Oh well.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Health and safety? Is this because they all have covid at home or are moving back into an office and worry about using an elevator with 3 people. I'm unsure what they mean by this vague message.

rick james cocaine GIF

Re8 mama using that booty to delay games to Infinity.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Returnal, RE8, Ratchet & Clank are all in sight.

... hopefully
Returnal looks average

RE8 looks good but is cross gen so am worried we won't see as big of a jump from 7 to this.

Ratchet I'm hyped for but am fearing a delay to that too.

Hunnybun

Oh man, you have to be fucking kidding me.

It was meant to come out at launch! I was genuinely looking forward to this.

I know COVID and everything, but that only affected the last 8 months of the original development period. And now it's been delayed 10 months in total - how does that work?!

There's like zero chance of Horizon 2 this year, isn't there?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Oh man, you have to be fucking kidding me.

It was meant to come out at launch! I was genuinely looking forward to this.

I know COVID and everything, but that only affected the last 8 months of the original development period. And now it's been delayed 10 months in total - how does that work?!

There's like zero chance of Horizon 2 this year, isn't there?
There is no chance in hell that horizon 2 comes out this year

Hunnybun

Returnal looks average

RE8 looks good but is cross gen so am worried we won't see as big of a jump from 7 to this.

Ratchet I'm hyped for but am fearing a delay to that too.

Ratchet and Deathloop were the only games on the horizon that actually looked next gen.

I'm HOPING that with Ratchet the delay is already baked in. I suspect that was originally intended for release in like January/February.

saintjules

I'm sorry for you early adopters, but I'm happy for not having to buy a PS5 anytime soon.

I can see my PS4 Pro lasting until mid 2022 easily

That's that guy's opinion lol. We have Returnal, Ratchet and Clank coming up and whatever else in between to fill the gaps. Happy with my early adoption purchase.

Mid 2022 is when you'll probably find a PS5 in stores, so I guess that's a plus if you're waiting.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Makes sense. With Returnal, Mass effect and Resident Evil 8 all crammed in the same space... one more would have been madness to be honest xD

Andodalf

Banned
My guess it’s due to working remote. COVID truly fucked the supply lines and I’m not exaggerating.

NEETS on gaf who had no disruption to their lives vastly underestimate how much COVID has effected the world. It's not simply "an excuse" like gaffers say, COVID makes a lot of things a real nightmare, and just about every game being delayed makes perfect sense.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Sony takes another hit. Getting pounded lately.
Not a big deal by itself, but they're looking bad in 2021.

- "we believe in generations" nonsense.
- Microsoft's Bethesda acquisition
- $70 games
- Losing studio heads, closing fan favorite studios.
- MLB hitting GamePass
- potentially losing Kojima to Microsoft
- now just wait for God of War delay announcement, which we all know is coming.
- probably Horizon as well

I've owned every Playstation console except for Vita. I love Death Stranding, Spider-Man, and TLOU. You can't call me bias. I'm calling it like I see it.

Last edited:
Sony takes another hit. Getting pounded lately.
Not a big deal by itself, but they're looking bad in 2021.

- "we believe in generations" nonsense.
- Microsoft's Bethesda acquisition
- $70 games
- Losing studio heads, closing fan favorite studios.
- MLB hitting GamePass
- potentially losing Kojima to Microsoft
- now just wait for God of War delay announcement, which we all know is coming.

I've owned every Playstation console except for Vita. I love Death Stranding, Spider-Man, and TLOU. You can't call me bias. I'm calling it like I see it.
And when microsoft will start delays some games, people will start making many excuses.

Top Bottom