• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space review embargo?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Its a remake with some changes to the original.
I doubt its gonna be a majorly different experience and from all the previews the changes are all positive.
So if you liked Dead Space'08 strong chance you will like Dead Space'23

GymWolf

People focusing on the face and ignoring all the good upgrades they made to the game is never gonna be not funny.

Who gives a fuck about the face? You literally never seen the mofo for 98% of the game and they made him similar to the voice actor.

This is way less disturbing and noticeable than sony changing the face in spidey to make him look like a 15 years old wannabe tom holland in a game where peter is unmasked in a lot of scenes.

Mary jane looked like a straight pedo in every interaction they had.

Last edited:

Sausy1987

It’s a remake.
If you liked the original game this should be ok?
I loved original games but doesn't mean this will be perfect at launch or on certain platforms . Other thing is will the upgrades be worth the price .Better safe then sorry these days with game launches

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Probably the day before release. If you've got Amazon Prime it might be enough.

Jennings

If you liked the original game this should be ok?
Hmm, very good question.

One might think so, but to answer your question, titles like Warcraft 3 Reforged and the GTA 3 debacle show that developers are fully capable of fucking this up.

anthony2690

Banned
Hmm, very good question.

One might think so, but to answer your question, titles like Warcraft 3 Reforged and the GTA 3 debacle show that developers are fully capable of fucking this up.
They didn't even look good prior to launch in their trailers though.

Dead Space looks like a great upgrade to an older game.

I have no idea if I'll personally be picking it up though, as I own all 3 games on Xbox 360 digitally and have never booted them up, only played the demo to 2 on Xbox 360 what I thought was good at the time.

Mephisto40

It has one reworked gun that is different to the original
The face
Loading screens have been disguised as trams and lifts
You can now move in all directions in zero G like in dead space 2 and puzzles have been adjusted to incorporate this
Some playable scenes from the original have been turned into cutscenes
Improved Graphics

DeadSpace / 10

There is your review :)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't care if I shut my eyes before he puts his helmet on, it's an absolute travesty!

1/10
giphy.gif

.Pennywise

Banned
I'm making the OT and couldn't find any info on embargo, weird.

While you're at it, any name suggestion for the OT?

Dead Space |OT| Remakecromorph
Dead Space |OT| The Unitoloshit, here we go again
Dead Space |OT| Dead Face lift

MikeM

People shouting “its the same as before” aren’t thinking. What OP likely cares about is how the game is gonna run. Does it hold 60 fps? Is it stutter gate on PC? All relevant questions in a day of broken day 1 releases.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Probably the day before release. If you've got Amazon Prime it might be enough.
Or just place the order in the morning of release day for store pickup at Target, WalMart or Best Buy. I always do that and it's ready to pick up at 9:00 am

EDIT.....just make sure it's the day of...otherwise it's considered a pre-order and they actually ship from their warehouse, even if they have 20 copies in-store.

Last edited:

Skifi28

People shouting “its the same as before” aren’t thinking. What OP likely cares about is how the game is gonna run. Does it hold 60 fps? Is it stutter gate on PC? All relevant questions in a day of broken day 1 releases.
Then the answer would be "never pre-order." I'm really surprised we have to keep repeating it after everything that's happened.

FeralEcho

People focusing on the face and ignoring all the good upgrades they made to the game is never gonna be not funny.

Who gives a fuck about the face? You literally never seen the mofo for 98% of the game and they made him similar to the voice actor.

This is way less disturbing and noticeable than sony changing the face in spidey to make him look like a 15 years old wannabe tom holland in a game where peter is unmasked in a lot of scenes.
Huge Dead Space fan here,I have the Remake preordered and I'm ready to go but I'd be lying If I was saying the face changes don't piss me off,sure I can understand your argument about Isaac since you don't see his face most of the game but Nicole looking like a +55 year old woman when she's supposed to be 39 in addition to the new Hammond actor's face are changes that are jarring as fuck compared to the original and with these changes you'll bump into them regularly since the game is filled with video transmissions.

I was also pissed off about the new Peter Parker face and to this day I still prefer the original face.But I've learned to live with the changes.You know,glass half full type of thinking since there are good changes as well especially with this Dead Space Remake and the way they are tackling the exploration and mobility aspects.

Can we stop using the term "embargo" when it comes to flipping game reviews? Arms embargos are understandable, but damn review scores?

BbMajor7th

Gold Member
Can we stop using the term "embargo" when it comes to flipping game reviews? Arms embargos are understandable, but damn review scores?
For better or for worse, it is the exact term used by the industry... like when people describe the latest storm-in-a-teacup non-event as 'something-gate'. Like Watergate brought down a presidency, ffs.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Put Isaacs face back to normal = 10/10

Keep the new impostor face = 1/10
You have to work to see his face at the start of the game, like 99% of people dont actually see it cuz watching the Ichimura come into view is a much better spectacle, then he is bucket head the rest of the way.

Why you want to see his face at all?

anime-suspicious.jpg

MiguelItUp

I have a good feeling about it. I adored the original, and I'm not nitpicking anything. So, I'm pretty hyped.

I guess because it's a remake there haven't been a ton of talks as to when the reviews will be available. It's days away though, so, any day now!

Sleepwalker

Plus they just made his face more in line with his voice actor, who is the same that voiced him in 2 and 3...

diffusionx

Gold Member
If EA kept the gameplay and progression the same as the old one it is going to be good, but I am sure that the stuff they do change, like the added dialogue and stuff like that, is going to be horrible, just knowing the state of modern videogame “writing.”

Basically I am unsure about anything nu-EA is adding to the game.

FeastYoEyes

After how Callisto was, I'm incredibly hungry for some high def Dead Space. Excited to see the Digital Foundry on this game.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
has-anybody-else-noticed-that-nicole-has-aged-by-like-20-v0-tkhvejuza64a1.jpg

That's not late 30's....
I really don’t understand why they made her less traditionally attractive. Inclusivity? Virtue signaling? We don’t play games for realism, that’s not a good argument. No one went to see Top Gun: Maverick because every 60 year old man who’s in the Navy looks like Tom Cruise, and people were appreciative of that fact.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Is he without a helmet in the remake? I remember him taking the helmet off once in the original game.
He takes it off for some cutscenes and conversations. He talks now. Same actor as Dead Space 2/3, so it's sort of a retcon I guess.

MiguelItUp

has-anybody-else-noticed-that-nicole-has-aged-by-like-20-v0-tkhvejuza64a1.jpg

That's not late 30's....
Honestly, you'd be surprised. As someone that's going on 39 this year, I've seen a LOT of haggard and older looking folks that are the same age as me, or even younger. It definitely happens. I couldn't careless about her appearance though. Hell, she could look like Dave Thomas for all I care, I'd still be hyped and hopeful for the game as long as the meat and potatoes appear to be intact, lol.

Rambone

Don't be getting thirsty over Isaac's woman. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and a bit of makeup from the cosmetic isle at the thrift shop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom