• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

def sim

I hope they made the game harder. Hardcore mode is great, but they should set it to zealot difficulty to better fit the description. Anyway, I'll be starting my DS2 hardcore run on 360 tomorrow then I might buy Severed.

Also, great OT and all that. Very pretty.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Great OT.

Dead Space is my favorite franchise, so this is pretty much as hyped as I can get for a game. Requested Monday and Tuesday off weeks ago, but I'll still have to go to class in the evenings. I'm really anxious to see where they take the story. At first I thought Carver would be lame, but that bit of laughter after the drill section of the demo caught my attention. I think it'll be interesting to do a playthrough as him.

Great OP. loved both previous games and the demo helped convince me to keep my preorder. Then again i never doubted it. I've had this on preorder from newegg since last fall and I'm wondering if it will be the limited edition or not. Newegg doesn't do any preorder bonuses

Grisby

Forgot to add, nice OT.

Story pondering- I wonder if Lexine will be mentioned at all. I doubt it, but it'd still be neat.

WX3

Good work on the OP!!

Got myself a copy preordered and I can't wait. This series is one of the favorites of mine to come from this generation. I may even try coop with this one but I don't like that concept in this kind of game so a solo run first for sure.

Not to mention the shit PR they've been spewing as of late.

I'm on XBL as RoKKeR IV, hit me up if you're interested in co-op some time.

One question I have is if joining somebody's single player game screws up your safe files (or adds a new one) or if it just pulls from the host?

Everything is separate in co-op games. Items appear and are picked up individually from each player (except blueprints and weapon parts, which go to both players automatically when one picks it up). Players can play co-op on chapters they haven't completed as long as one of the players has reached that chapter. A separate save file can be generated if you wish, or it can continue off of a certain save you have if you are the host (game should still support 20 saves).

I'm probably going to rent this like I did Dead Space 2 and depending on my enjoyment I'll buy it or not (like I did for Dead Space 2). What's the online pass restriction for this game? Co-op? If it's just some janky multiplayer mode I'm fine with that but I'd like to try out the co-op.

So far there is actually no online pass being required for the multiplayer, but you do have to log in to your Origin (EA) account more than likely to play.

aegies

An online pass is required for co-op play. Inventory works much like a loot-grind game — each save file has an inventory. So if you join someone else's game, you carry your stuff with you, including anything in your safe.

Despite hating some of the decisions made on DS3, I will be getting it day one. Looking for a coop partner for PSN, my 360 drive won't read discs so I cant play with my friend. |=[

Give me a bigger font option, you jerks.

Maybe see an optometrist first.

Isaac_-_Eye_Poke.jpg

RoKKeR

An online pass is required for co-op play. Inventory works much like a loot-grind game — each save file has an inventory. So if you join someone else's game, you carry your stuff with you, including anything in your safe.
When is the review embargo up?

Cudder

Gonna get at some point. The Dead Space games are some of the most polished games this gen, I don't think this one will be any different.

Release day, which isn't unusual. EA did make sure to get code out really early, and sent multiple copies of both versions.

Well... at least they're cconfident.

He really is. I have to say I really liked Ben Templesmith's work on the original graphic novel and motion comic though. I have trouble seeing what's happening in Shy's work for some reason.

Yeah, Shy's work can be busy at times but it has lovely mood. Templesmith is fantastic as well, would love to see more DS work from him.

Ghazi

The eyeball machine absolutely is the moment of the generation.

How about the moment where does that thing and then someone else tells him to do another thing, so he's like shootbangbangbang all over the place until the game is over?

def sim

Someone posted a gif of the failed eye machine outcome in another thread and it was just the worst. I don't even remember what the topic was, it was so random.

antitrop

Can you imagine being the guys who had to program/design the whole Eye machine part?

We only had to endure it for a minute or so, they spent a whole lot more time getting it right. Unless they like seeing that kind of shit all day, I guess, haha.

RoKKeR

Not a lot of people know this, but the eyeball on the machine display is my eyeball and the bloodshot crud on there is all natural.

Now when I get there on my current DS2 playthrough I'll be thinking the entire time "don't fuck up code cow's eye!"

As someone who had qualms with the changes in the second Dead Space the DS3 demo didn't exactly leave me brimming with confidence, but Amazon's $20 credit is just enough to get me on board without waiting for a price drop. In spite of some reservations I'm looking forward to seeing how the experience unfolds. Although I was disapointed with the direction DS2 took it was still a good shooter that offered its fair share of great moments. At a bare minimum I expect DS3 will have some similarly badass sequences sprinkled in. I'm also looking forward to the added side missions, which sound like a good way to expand the scope of the level design and encourage exploration.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
ds3_horrorffk28.jpg

Pretty sure I'd have gone with "fuck Unitology". It's only 4 more letters and it tells you whom to blame.

i-82HpGWR-950x10000.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
Can you imagine being the guys who had to program/design the whole Eye machine part?

We only had to endure it for a minute or so, they spent a whole lot more time getting it right. Unless they like seeing that kind of shit all day, I guess, haha.

Visceral is a very special team to bring us Dead Space.

Top Bottom