• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DCS: F-15E Launch trailer - The OG Air Dominance Fighter

Buggy Loop

With this study sim module, DCS has all my American legendary planes : A-10, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18. Crazy stuffs.

American-Eagle-1.jpg

I'm not even American, but those planes, they defined a good portion of my youth as a dream job.

145 pages manual (light compared to A-10)

The modeling of it is top tier for modules, Razbam is so good. The details of the model per say is out of this world.

I used to play Jane's F15 to death back in the days

maxresdefault.jpg

How times have changed.

Corian33

While I love the idea of these sims, I’ve accepted I just don’t have the time. I have a few DCS modules but no more, no matter how cool the plane. Give me something a couple notches down, but still pseudo-realistic. Like the Squad to DCS’s Arma.

Buggy Loop

While I love the idea of these sims, I’ve accepted I just don’t have the time. I have a few DCS modules but no more, no matter how cool the plane. Give me something a couple notches down, but still pseudo-realistic. Like the Squad to DCS’s Arma.

Yea i can understand. With kids my time with DCS flattened out drastically. My setup is not even up for running at the moment, A10 Warthog HOTAS + TrackIR5 / VR. I'm renovating the basement so eventually the idea is to have my man cave for flight/race sim and a home theater.

But the day i can jump full feet in to study all the particularities of these study sims is probably when 1) i get divorce :messenger_tears_of_joy:, 2) somehow manage to find time when kids will be at school/older?
I spent a lot of time on A10, even printed the manual.

Feels real fucking good when you get into it though.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Yea i can understand. With kids my time with DCS flattened out drastically. My setup is not even up for running at the moment, A10 Warthog HOTAS + TrackIR5 / VR. I'm renovating the basement so eventually the idea is to have my man cave for flight/race sim and a home theater.

But the day i can jump full feet in to study all the particularities of these study sims is probably when 1) i get divorce :messenger_tears_of_joy:, 2) somehow manage to find time when kids will be at school/older?
I spent a lot of time on A10, even printed the manual.

Feels real fucking good when you get into it though.

I feel you bro, my kids are 2 and 8.

So much gear, so much awesome, yet so little time..

The A-10 is the one I put most time into - but I haven't even had time to fly all the modules I buy. I have the F-16, Apache.. never tried them. Had so much greatness with carrier ops with the F-18 in VR though, OMG..

Last edited:
Same feeling here. Last DCS module I was into was the A-10 with the full Warthog Hotas setup but had to let that go just due to not having the time investment anymore to learn them being done with school. I'd love for a Microsoft flight combat sim style you can play casually with a gamepad but aiming for the more realistic approach vs ace combat. Give me that and I'll buy each dlc module as they come out

supernova8

Banned
I've already given up trying to learn how to play DCS but I do enjoy the Grim Reapers youtube channel

They have a lot of modern day type stuff (namely, stuff related to NATO vs Russia in relation to Ukraine) but also some fantasy type stuff like the video below:

willothedog

The flaming cliffs pack is dumbed down

TheMan

Yup, they dropped this completely by surprise after teasing a July release recently.

So far only did a single training mission last night. Hard to find to dive in between this, Diablo 4, FF16, and my son who always wants to play soccer

amigastar

DCS is awesome, i still haven't played F-18C module even if i have it for a long time.
I just don't know which modules are still in beta and which one are finished.

Top Bottom