• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty | Review Thread

GymWolf

Since i'm probably start a third run, what are the romantic options for male V? Panam and the blonde corpo bitch? Nothing else?

Zheph

dumb and dumber time GIF

lets go

Mortisfacio

They added a new arcade game in addition to "Roach Race" so you can go to an arcade and play it. New one is "Trauma Drama". Love these little flavor things to help bring more to the world.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I already had cyberpunk installed and was still playing it yesterday. Checked for updates today and that's what I got.

Kacho

Did that add gambling in this update or the expansion? I swear I heard something like that was added.

Last edited:

Raven117

I have a save right before the last mission, can I just pick it up from there? I don't have much interest in playing through the whole thing again.

graywolf323

Since i'm probably start a third run, what are the romantic options for male V? Panam and the blonde corpo bitch? Nothing else?
I believe there’s only one male/female relationship option for each V, the rest are just ‘encounters’

GymWolf

That sounds like it's downloading the whole game.

I'm doing a fresh install so downloading this version from scratch and it's 58.9gb for me.
Downloading the patch is worse than a clean install?

Because i can re-download the whole thing in less than 10 min so if it is better that way.

GymWolf

I believe there’s only one male/female relationship option for each V, the rest are just ‘encounters’

Are you telling me that all the chicks i was fucking in exchange for credits weren't in love with my V??

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Of course it's out while I still have 7 hours of work ahead of me. Hope all you Chooms have a great time enjoying 2.0, post about it so I have something to read while at work.

GHG

Downloading the patch is worse than a clean install?

Because i can re-download the whole thing in less than 10 min so if it is better that way.

Well they recommend doing so if you were previously messing around with mods. I had over 20 mods installed so felt it wise to just delete the whole directory and do a fresh install to make sure I don't run into any issues.

nowhat

Someone tell me how PS5 is running it! I won't be able to play for another 3 hours!
But of course! After some initial testing, I'm able to present my preliminary findings:

Cyberpunk 2077 (version 2.0), on PS5, does indeed both look and run better than Cyberpunk 2077 (launch version), on PS4 Pro. Stay tuned for more exclusive in-depth analysis.

(I may not yet be up to DF standards, but this level of detail should qualify me to be a Forbes analyst)

(On a more serious note, performance mode seems fine thus far - if there are framerate drops, they are within the VRR range so >= 48fps. Lip sync can seem a bit off occasionally, but as stated above it's been nearly three years since I last played this, don't remember if it's a "feature" of the game.)

DeaDPo0L84

Nice, just read they added an option to have the first equip always play when selecting a weapon. I had a mod installed that did this, the animations are too good to only see 1/10 of the time.

King Dazzar

Someone tell me how PS5 is running it! I won't be able to play for another 3 hours!
Early days. And haven't got to some of the more performance intense areas. But so far on PS5 this appears to be a big improvement performance wise in the 60fps Performance mode. Before I had to use VRR, now during an hour of play from a previous save, I've had no issues at all without VRR enabled. Aiming is still not as good as other FPS's, but the defaults are a little bit better. Car driving though is much better so far from when I last touched it.

nowhat

FWIW my audio sync issue on PS5 was resolved by disabling Atmos on the console. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've played much anything since that firmware update, I just enabled it, it may have been an issue elsewhere too.

amigastar

Don't forget to update your Geforce Drivers, people.
Anyways installing the 2.0 right now.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I actually enjoy this new trend from the past decade, where games can be released in broken, janky form and without living up to any of the developers promises....and then turn that ship around and make the game amazing. No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves, Cyberpunk 2077 to say a few.

That's good. Hell, Redfall can be turned around if they really try. There's a good game in there, and it's not a 4/10 IGN. Just turn it around man. Come on!

Last edited:

GHG

I actually enjoy this new trend from the past decade, where games can be released in broken, janky form and without living up to any of the developers promises....and then turn that ship around and make the game amazing. No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves, Cyberpunk 2077 to say a few.

That's good. Hell, Redfall can be turned around if they really try. There's a good game in there, and it's not a 4/10 IGN. Just turn it around man. Come on!

You have to be trolling...

What you're essentially saying is that getting shat on is worth it if there's a possibility of make up sex.

How about we just want good fucking sex in the first place without getting shat on?

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You have to be trolling...
No? No Man's Sky was ass at release and now it's fantastic and well loved. Sea of Thieves was a piece of shit and now it's some of the most online fun you can have. Cyberpunk 2077 had to change so much, that the devs literally told players to start a new save file to enjoy the completely revamped gameplay.

Are YOU trolling?

GHG

No? No Man's Sky was ass at release and now it's fantastic and well loved. Sea of Thieves was a piece of shit and now it's some of the most online fun you can have. Cyberpunk 2077 had to change so much, that the devs literally told players to start a new save file to enjoy the completely revamped gameplay.

Are YOU trolling?

There is no benefit to the end user by things being the way you describe.

We shouldn't have to waste our money and go through the disappointment and deflation in order to get some good fucking games.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
There is no benefit to the end user by things being the way you describe.

We shouldn't have to waste our money and go through the disappointment and deflation in order to get some good fucking games.

And I think that it's good to let devs add to their games and actually make them into fantastic experiences with time, rather then just leave the product to die. Yeah paying for the original version that is not good, is definitely terrible especially for digital owners since they can't really get rid of it...

But look if you bought Cyperpunk 2077, the gameplay patch is free and completely changes almost everything. And on top, there's a new kickass expansion.

Woggleman

I am glad they turned this around but it should have been released in this state from the start. There are other devs who manage to release finished games that work. RDR2 and TLOU2 are both graphically advanced games with a lot of moving parts that were both released as working and finished products. I really hope CDPR has learned from this debacle.

Woggleman

My guess is that they didn't have a choice with respect to the financing/investors, and the business side of things. They aren't stupid, they knew the game had issues when they released it.
True. The suits just wanted it out for last gen consoles and didn't care how it actually worked.

GHG

Cross-posting from the performance thread. Anyone else on Nvidia hardware getting strange glitches/pop-in with ray reconstruction enabled?:

This is what I'm getting on a 4090, 5800X3D:

RT Overdrive preset, DLSS Auto, Ray Reconstruction on:

dkZYB9.png

All Settings max, DLSS Quality, Ray Reconstruction off:

dkZD2v.png

Going with the latter because it looks much better to my eyes and the ray reconstruction is resulting in some strange glitches/pop-in with shadows.

Top Bottom