• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty | Review Thread

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
OpenCritic - 90
Metacritic - 90

53200987754_e3d74b5808_c.jpg

Sounds like an absolute banger.

Last edited:
87 from pc gamer
Cyberpunk's first and only expansion is a tense spy thriller with some of the most grueling choices I've ever seen in an RPG.

10/10 from gamepot
"Phantom Liberty is Cyberpunk 2077 at its best. CD Projekt Red has taken the lessons from the original release and focused on the parts that mattered most to deliver a thrilling and impactful experience that doesn't overstay its welcome. "

9/10 from Ign
"Phantom Liberty does a great job highlighting just how advanced its character animations are compared to some other big-budget RPGs" - is that a Bethesda sideswipe lol.

Last edited:

Luipadre

So how long is the new expansion if you do main mission and all side quests?

Also i watched the pushsquare footage, it was series x footage but looked better than the current game to me. Especially johnnys face

nowhat

Any idea where this fits within the base game? I don't have a save on PS5, wondering how much I need to play from the beginning to reach the expansion.

(I mean, I could read the reviews, but nah)

Mikey Jr.

Still haven't played 2077 yet. I'm excited to start this Thursday.

But just a question. Should I play the game without the expansion and then buy it once I'm done? Or does the expansion put extra stuff into the base game?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Any idea where this fits within the base game? I don't have a save on PS5, wondering how much I need to play from the beginning to reach the expansion.

(I mean, I could read the reviews, but nah)

From the sounds of it, the base game doesn't need to be played at all to start this.

Damn, I nearly completed a second playthrough some months ago but stopped near the end of the main story and decided I would wait until the expansion released to enjoy the full breadth of content. Not they are saying it's best to create a brand new playthrough just to experience all the new systems and skill trees in one go. I don't have the time to start over for a 3rd time.

shubik

But just a question. Should I play the game without the expansion and then buy it once I'm done? Or does the expansion put extra stuff into the base game?
You will get most of the updates with the free Update tomorrow. Go through the main game and before you start the last mission I would jump into the expansion

Its integrated with the main story so better to play it as it becomes available to you in your playthrough.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I find it immeasurably funny that Starfield's lunch is about to get eaten by... the Cyberpunk DLC.

Only jesting (sort of). Can't wait, was already excited to replay it now that they've fixed it up, can't believe this has come in so hot.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
A 40 hour expansion better than a 8 year passion project loading simulator. Fucking lol this industry.

edit: before dumbasses quote me again with "bbbbbut cp2077 launch was horrible vs starfield" I need you to answer how would Starfield run on PS4 at launch considering on next-gen consoles is 30 FPS, while CP2077 is 60 at launch. These Starfield defense force are so delusional holy fuck.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Staefield and xbox can't catch a break lol

I find it immeasurably funny that Starfield's lunch is about to get eaten by... the Cyberpunk DLC.

Only jesting (sort of). Can't wait, was already excited to replay it now that they've fixed it up, can't believe this has come in so hot.

1. Starfield got great reviews too
  2. Outside of broad strokes (sci-fi first person rpg), these games are completely different

I dunno why ya'll always have to create some kind of weird war out of everything.

MirageMew2

Yeah I’m itching to get back into this. For all its flaws Cyberpunk was an engaging time through and through.

You might be joking but I’m absolutely ready to drop Starfield after what’s felt like a slog for the better part of 40 hours.

GooseMan69

Looking forward to finally playing this game after owning it for two years. Was gonna buy an Xbox for starfield, but decided to wait for this instead. Looks like I made the right call.

Kydd BlaZe

Fuck. I still haven't even scratched the surface of my Starfield playthrough. I nearly forgot this was coming out so soon. Need to finish up Starfield so I can dive back into Night City. Loved every second of 2077.

Bought this day one on PS4, didn't play it until the 1.5 update had launched on PS5 and *that* experience was one of the finest I've ever had in all my years gaming. Will eventually pick this up and start a whole new save file to experience all the 2.0 goodness from the ground up, no doubt it's going to be special.

Top Bottom