• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 currently looks really bad on PS5 (not a shitpost).

TheGejsza

I'd just rather not force myself to play it in this state. It hurts my eyes to play it's a mess really. Fingers crossed they'll allow for the refund and I'll pick it up whenever they have a next gen update for like $40 on sale or something

Can you update me on your refund status? I refunded mine too and still waiting for answer.

Last edited:

t0rment

anyone that is going to play this one on ps4 should get a refund.

even on a PS5 there are massive drops, sub 30s sometimes, with a really poor IQ.

Last edited:

TheGejsza

anyone that is going to play this one on ps4 should get a refund.

even on a PS5 there are massive drops, sub 30s sometimes, with a really poor IQ.

Just look at this, on PS5 (although I have to say it's a photo of screenshot and in game its not as visible as here but still hard to miss) .

It's so fucked up...

Last edited:
Disagreed, daytime footage looks fantastic on pc.

Shesus, definitely a game I'll revisit in the future when I upgrade my PC with much higher specs.

I love my time with the game as it is with my mid-high range PC, but damn, looks like Ultra settings + RT just cant be beat.

lucius

It looks really bad in some places even on my X1X never had that problem Witcher 3 on a PS4 base. I know its doing a lot but it shouldn't be where it is at considering their talent and what others have already done on those systems. Really shouldn't support this if your buying this on Playstation , looks good on Series X right now though.

Hezekiah

Banned
I don't see why pre-order is becoming a scapegoat here. You can cancel digital pre-order (as long as you're eligible, in which case you can just pre-order near launch), or even refund the game (even on digital) if there's problem.

How about no. It is fine on PC.
Fine? As if. Loads of people are mentioning the number of bugs on the PC version. Skill Up mentioned a pleothora of the bugs he encountered in his playthrough.

It's amazing the amount of shit people will eat for a game from their favourite developer 😁.

Fine? As if. Loads of people are mentioning the number of bugs on the PC version. Skill Up mentioned a pleothora of the bugs he encountered in his playthrough.

It's amazing the amount of shit people will eat for a game from their favourite developer 😁.
The critics all had a buggier version though

The critics all had a buggier version though
Indeed, and that makes their pronouncements even worse imo. Even if the performance was there on the pc reviews, the bugs were too.

The reviewers that gave this game 10/10's, despite all that, need to take a good look at themselves. And a reality check if they don't see anything wrong.

Last edited:

bucyou

took a screen shot from my ps5, running great for me

quake3arena.jpg

Indeed, and that makes their pronouncements even worse imo. Even if the performance was there on the pc reviews, the bugs were too.

The reviewers that gave this game 10/10's, despite all that, need to take a good look at themselves. And a reality check if they don't see anything wrong.
I don't think they do. I don't believe in scoring a game based on technical problems a critic should be telling you how much they enjoyed something and for me this game is a ten out of ten already. I'm not grading the game like it's a report card or I'm a teacher at school it's how much I like it and I like this better than anything else this year at least. It's really not that buggy on PC anyways. Also I feel like you're behind the times when it comes to critics, do you think there's been a Bethesda game that was docked points at launch because of how buggy it was? This is as ambitious as any of those but made by a smaller team. We already knew they had to crunch and had multiple delays. There are almost zero bug-free launches nowadays.

Woody337

I love how many bugs this game has, and to think its been in development for 8 years. Something that has been worked on that long should be perfect out of the box, no patches needed.

I don't think they do. I don't believe in scoring a game based on technical problems a critic should be telling you how much they enjoyed something and for me this game is a ten out of ten already. I'm not grading the game like it's a report card or I'm a teacher at school it's how much I like it and I like this better than anything else this year at least. It's really not that buggy on PC anyways. Also I feel like you're behind the times when it comes to critics, do you think there's been a Bethesda game that was docked points at launch because of how buggy it was? This is as ambitious as any of those but made by a smaller team. We already knew they had to crunch and had multiple delays. There are almost zero bug-free launches nowadays.
Do I expect a game to launch with zero bugs? No, but I sure don't expect Cyberpunk 2,077 bugs either, and it has to be a factor in reviews or where do you draw the line? How about 10,000 bugs? Still a 10/10 candidate? 100,000 bugs and CTD's? All ok if game is somehow enjoyable to play?

For me, it's a subjective view yes, but Cyberpunk goes way over an acceptable level of jank to be overlooked on reviews.

Last edited:
Do I expect a game to launch with zero bugs? No, but I sure don't expect Cyberpunk 2,077 bugs either, and it has to be a factor in reviews or where do you draw the line? How about 10,000 bugs? Still a 10/10 candidate? 100,000 bugs and CTD's? All ok if game is somehow enjoyable to play?

For me, it's a subjective view yes, but Cyberpunk goes way over an acceptable level of jank to be overlooked on reviews.
You should have paid attention to what platform the reviews are for. The only place that goes way over the level of acceptable level of jank is on consoles and I'm sure anyone would have a problem with a perfect score for the console version.

You should have paid attention to what platform the reviews are for. The only place that goes way over the level of acceptable level of jank is on consoles and I'm sure anyone would have a problem with a perfect score for the console version.
I personally didn't buy at all because I saw the way the wind was blowing months ago, but there will be plenty who were taken in by those reviews, as can be seen on forums, YouTube etc. Like you say though, let's see what scores the console specific reviews bring!

Just look at this, on PS5 (although I have to say it's a photo of screenshot and in game its not as visible as here but still hard to miss) .

It's so fucked up...

You can see this trailing even in the promo videos. The one released a month or so ago showing V riding at night on the motorcycle has trails flowing behind it too. Noticed it right away. I wonder if this was a stylistic choice?

Bragr

Banned
Just try to look into the distance, it fucking hurts the eyes, it's like it's underwater.

I crashed every time I played the game, I better get a damn refund.

4.jpg

c3bbfd096333c10fc0e4394248c1ddfa.png

Last edited:

TheGejsza

Just try to look into the distance, it fucking hurts the eyes, it's like it's underwater.

I crashed every time I played the game, I better get a damn refund.

4.jpg

I've made a reddit post for refund help and support. When (or if) it will be unlocked check it from time to time if someone manages to get refund.

vpance

It's so fucked up...

You can see those kind of artifacts a lot when you go to the ripper doc and move around the door with bars. The sparklies fill the screen.

Moogle11

Banned
I’m pretty ok with the graphics on XSX now. Turning all the graphics filters (CA, film grain, motion blur etc) off and finding some HDR settings suggestions on Reddit (Max brightness 800, paper white 200 in my Sony X900h) got it looking a decent bit better. It’s still a little jarring with the softness and lower resolution when jumping in after something like Demon’s Souls or Forza Horizon 4, but it looks decent enough to me. Accepting that it’s a last gen game and a huge open world one that just isn’t going to blow me away in graphics department like smaller in scope games like TLOU2, Gears 5 etc.

vpance

I’m pretty ok with the graphics on XSX now. Turning all the graphics filters (CA, film grain, motion blur etc) off and finding some HDR settings suggestions on Reddit (Max brightness 800, paper white 200 in my Sony X900h) got it looking a decent bit better. It’s still a little jarring with the softness and lower resolution when jumping in after something like Demon’s Souls or Forza Horizon 4, but it looks decent enough to me. Accepting that it’s a last gen game and a huge open world one that just isn’t going to blow me away in graphics department like smaller in scope games like TLOU2, Gears 5 etc.

Turn off HDR, it’s better, even if you do lose the bright highlights.

Engaging whatever your TV’s fake HDR mode is looks better than the built in one since that raises the black level the higher you set the nits.

CA and film grain off is a must, yeah. CA is supposed to blur the sides of the screen but the effect even creeps close to the center.

Last edited:
Why are you even posting? The game runs like shit on consoles and that is a fact. PC has nothing to do with it.
It runs like most games do on your Jaguar CPUs it's why I stopped using them try looking at destiny 2 on console versus PC oh my God it's unbearable. Yes it has glitches so did fallout 4 at launch and that was with a much bigger studio behind it. This is a more ambitious and better game than that so I'm not surprised it has these issues especially on consoles that are now dead.

Moogle11

Banned
Turn off HDR, it’s better, even if you do lose the bright highlights.

Engaging whatever your TV’s fake HDR mode is looks better than the built in one since that raises the black level the higher you set the nits.

CA and film grain off is a must, yeah. CA is supposed to blur the sides of the screen but the effect even creeps close to the center.

I didn’t see an option for turning it off.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
TheGejsza TheGejsza Have you tried turning OFF Game Mode? IT makes a world of difference on PS4 Pro & PS5 games. Turn that Off and adjust the "Judder" option. When you pan the camera in games, it should be smooth as butter and you won't see hiccups or the "trails" left by a borked frame sync. Also, don't use Freesync option if your tv has the option along with Game Mode. If anything those two options make a game worse on the big screen. Also, don't use the "HDR + Game" button/option.

To see the difference: boot up Days Gone or Ghost of Tsushima. Run it with Game Mode On. Pan the camera left to right along the horizon or 360 degrees around the main character. After a moment of that, switch over to Game Mode Off with "Judder Reduction" set to 10. Now, pan the camera along the horizon again. You should see an improvement

Last edited:

TheGejsza

TheGejsza TheGejsza Have you tried turning OFF Game Mode? IT makes a world of difference on PS4 Pro & PS5 games. Turn that Off and adjust the "Judder" option. When you pan the camera in games, it should be smooth as butter and you won't see hiccups or the "trails" left by a borked frame sync. Also, don't use Freesync option if your tv has the option along with Game Mode. If anything those two options make a game worse on the big screen. Also, don't use the "HDR + Game" button/option.

To see the difference: boot up Days Gone or Ghost of Tsushima. Run it with Game Mode On Pan the camera left and right along the horizon. Then, switch over to Game Mode Off with "Judder Reduction" set to 10. Now, pan the camera along the horizon again.

I tried everything. Q9FN has superb interpolation settings but nothing helps with this ghostig effect. Only thing that helps a lot is sharpening to 75% value (giving max is even better but text is really hard to read).

Hale-XF11

Was playing this on PS5 and I've decided to put this game aside for now. The pop-ups are so bad (and so incredibly delayed) that it completely takes me out of the game at every turn. That coupled with the extremely low textures are enough to kill my enjoyment of this game in its current condition. Here's to hoping the devs will have a fix sooner rather than later.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
NOPE. THEY SAID NO.

Everyone involved this is travesty needs to be SUED

Honestly, this should be unacceptable. That platform holders have a responsibility to not portray the games they are selling with such complete and total bullshots. Not that CDProjekt Red does not deserve criticism, but fuck Sony (and I assume Microsoft) for blatantly misrepresenting what they are selling on their store with high-end PC footage.

vpance

Was playing this on PS5 and I've decided to put this game aside for now. The pop-ups are so bad (and so incredibly delayed) that it completely takes me out of the game at every turn. That coupled with the extremely low textures are enough to kill my enjoyment of this game in its current condition. Here's to hoping the devs will have a fix sooner rather than later.

Same here. It’s just crossed my threshold of tolerance for blurriness and poor image quality. Even I could accept GTA4 on PS3 back in the day, but this in 2020 is kinda shitty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom