• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Port is Mess Up

diffusionx

Gold Member
You’re not making sense here?

On the one hand you’re saying you don’t like the aesthetic of the re-master, that you prefer the look of the original, which is a perfectly valid opinion.

But then, suddenly, at the end you take a swipe at Crytek and say ‘bad job all around’.

Sorry? - what are you talking about... they did a bad job because they re-mastered the game? They did a bad job because of the performance? I don’t see how your conclusion is supported here?

Both are true. I don't like the decisions they made with the look of the remaster, I think it's a downgrade. But even then, from a technical POV it sucks. Like, the fact that it is still single-core dependent is just bizarre, the performance looks terrible, it's just a mess.

Fake

How you could look at the old version and say this remaster doesn't look better is just ridiculous.
crysis_2020_09_19_06_41keg.png

crysisremastered_20205gj9c.png

MrA

Banned
I guess this explain why they choise Epic Game Store. They're knowing people would refund and Epic usally pay for the refunds in this case, just like in Shenmue.

I can't say I very dissapointed with Crytek, but this sure reduce some of the Saber reputation.
considering how much earlier the switch release came out and that the switch version is good for the platfrom, I wonder if saber was hired to do the switch remaster then had the other versions added later.

Fake

considering how much earlier the switch release came out and that the switch version is good for the platfrom, I wonder if saber was hired to do the switch remaster then had the other versions added later.

The Switch version is amazing I must say. Is just the others that don't match with today standarts besides the bugs and crashes.

Kaleinc

Banned
This company just wants to make you CRY -tek, -sis, far .
If you ever bought any of their games I'd check my cereal in case their shit's in it.

Hostile_18

Banned
To be fair this is my first taste of Ray Tracing and I love it. HDR and 4k I've come to appreciate as I've used it extensively and then gone back to older games, where here I noticed the improvement straight away. I look forward to it been used alot more next gen.

samwizered

Crysis Remastered, as we’ve already reported, is based on the PS3/X360 version. As such, the game does no longer have the Ascension mission.

For instance, grenades do no longer affect bushes. In the original PC version, most – if not all bushes – were affected by the grenades. In the remaster, they remain static. All trees and bushes do not sway as much as they did in the original game, giving the remaster a somehow “static” feeling.

Crytek and Saber have also changed the game’s Parallax Occlusion Mapping effects. As such, and while some areas look better in the remaster, some other areas are “more flat” than in the original game.

Crysis Remastered also has worse PC controls, especially when using the old/classic nanosuit. In the original game, players could immediately power jump (when using the Strength mode) by simply hitting the spacebar. In Crysis Remastered, players must keep pressing the spacebar key in order to power jump. Not only that, but there is latency/lag issue when using regular jump (it takes almost half a second between issuing the command and Nomad actually jumping). This lag issue makes the game feel weird and unresponsive when using K&M. Furthermore, you can no longer run diagonally in Speed Mode. Oh, and there aren’t any more any leaning control options.

This is so disappointing. Basically we're looking at a port of a port, more so than a remaster. This made sense for Switch, but seems a bit lazy for the PC version.

I can only assume this was done for budget and time constraints. Would it have been feasible to use 2007 Crysis as the source for the PC remastered version?

Armorian

Banned
Look at this shit, this game is more CPU limited than vanilla Crysis and that game was running on 2 threads :messenger_grinning_smiling:

uMyb5GG.jpg

69% GPU usage... turn around and:

NaGitQP.jpg

Fucking DX11 mess... Oh and 3080 is DOA, this game eats 8GB of VRAM for breakfast in 2560x1080 and still stutters. This is with v.high textures not CiRC mode.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Devs will stop making remasters if you stop asking and buying them. Then again, which boatload of people were asking for a Crysis remaster?

Dacon

Banned
Crysis deserves better than this fucking garbage.

Over ten years later the same CPU threading issues, LESS FEATURES, and trash console controls and input lag.

Crytek is fucking dead.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Largely because that John and Alex visit Crytek HQ video from a few weeks back was filled with Digital Foundry dorklings claiming that the dynamic duo's presence alone would ensure that Crytek would get their act together and not repeat the mistakes made on the Switch port. Some even went as far as to say Crytek had brought them in to help ensure its overall quality.

And because they're amateurs moonlighting as revered technical experts.

Here's who you're fighting for.

00JNKHw.jpg

yrOKvnk.png
Fucking donkeys

Dacon

Banned
Which features are missing?
You can no longer lean in the game, you cannot move diagonally in speed mode, you cannot simply press the space bar to perform a strength jump you must tap the key to do so, and because this is a console port there are visual effects missing from the game that were present in the original 2007 release. This makes some areas of the game look WORSE in the remaster than the original.

Last edited:
You can no longer lean in the game, you cannot move diagonally in speed mode, you cannot simply press the space bar to perform a strength just you must tap the key to do, and because this is a console port there a visual effects missing from the game that were present in the original 2007 release. This makes some areas of the game look WORSE in the remaster than the original.

I might still like it then, sounds a bit like Dark Souls Remastered, as bad as that remaster was it's probably still my preferred way to experience the game now.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Devs will stop making remasters if you stop asking and buying them. Then again, which boatload of people were asking for a Crysis remaster?

Literally the only thing people wanted out of a new release of Crysis was proper multi core support. That is it. The rest of the game can be exactly the same, just take advantage of modern CPU design. And they did all this other shit and didn’t do the one thing people care about.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Just when I shot a rocket into a watchtower the game crashed.

Its not even fun to play. Not much ammo, suit depletes fast and aiming sucks. On console that is.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
They can barely make their current 'big' game function properly (Hunt Showdown, 500+ hours played atm btw, love it but boy is it a buggy and messy title) so I had no hope for their 'remaster' of Crysis.

If anything they increased the minimum performance requirements on PC. :/

Just got done watching the video and the original version of the game looks better in quite a few scenes. I'll wait until there's a deep discount/patches before I *possibly* jump in.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I sadly snapped this up straight away, looks and play's like shit.

SkylineRKR

I asked for a refund. Do not buy this trash.

Its not fun, its not good, it looks like shit. I had more fun with even the PS3 port. I think it was less glitchy than this. But I'm done with this series.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This pc game made my brand new pc explode.
It killed my cat and started the second wave of corona. Do not buy this game.

Demigod Mac

The timing behind the Epic Games Store exclusivity deal for Crysis Remastered makes me wonder if they knew it was going to be a turd and the moneyhat option was deemed the only way to be profitable.

renzolama

Holding ADS is a limitation due to console controls? What a bizarre statement.

Also the Ascension level is missing because the developers "just do not like this level at all"? I laughed out loud.

"Hey guys, did you finish all the updating work on the levels?"
"Yeah except we decided not to do one of them because we just really don't like it at all"
"Okay, that's fine, as we discussed previously it's totally up to you to decide which parts of the game you want to include based on how much you like them"

Last edited:
Top Bottom