• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Port is Mess Up

reptilex

Banned
Duh...we know, it's starting to be more and more obvious that they hire undeserving and untalented people for crap ports or pseudo-remakes.

GHG

This has nothing to do with EA I guess. They already out. Crytek took the rights.
Is Crytek in colaboration with Saber.

Wait... This was done by saber...?

The same saber that is doing the Witcher 3's next gen upgrade...:

tenor.gif

Fake

Wait... This was done by saber...?

The same saber that is doing the Witcher 3's next gen upgrade...:

tenor.gif

Yeap. Saber plus Crytek.

Siri

Banned
A remaster that looks worst than original on PC.

Well done Crytek.

Even at High settings (albeit with Ray Tracing set to ‘But Can It Run Crysis‘) this game, at 4K, looks better than a lot of contemporary games.

No way on earth does the original game look better. That’s just crazy talk.

Fake

Even at High settings (albeit with Ray Tracing set to ‘But Can It Run Crysis‘) this game, at 4K, looks better than a lot of contemporary games.

Matter of taste. PC original indeed looks better to the PC remaster.
Dunno why they change the color palete, but looks a very bright game now. In fact looks more Far Cry 3 than Crysis to me.

And don't matter the resolution here. We're talking about comparisons to be made with the original. I already check out some comparions and even the remaster lack some tree vs original, tree animations run at 30 fps and HDR is broken.

BTW, saying 'looks better than a lot of contemporary games' is a very low argument with can be used pretty much in any game release.

Last edited:

sn0man

Did I hurt your Digital Foundry feelings? Do you feel the need to rush to the defense of Framerate Rain Man and his failed model brother?

Are you in love? Is this your first time?
Yeesh. Tell us where on the benchmark graph the mean old YouTubers touched you?

sn0man

Largely because that John and Alex visit Crytek HQ video from a few weeks back was filled with Digital Foundry dorklings claiming that the
Wait?!?!.... so you’ve brought your pitchfork out against two Internet personalities because their fans — again, their fans — made stupid claims (like fans often do).

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_musical:

I almost confirming is not a PC port. Is look like a remaster of the PS360 because some AI behavior really have some identical bugs as when I played on Xbox 360. I have loads of time played on X360.
Lets see if true.
Ai is just as shit on pc...I rolled into a camp and I found 2 soldiers running in a corner

there was no gay stuff going on so I put it down to a glitch

I later found a soldier tbagging a chicken

Fake

Ai is just as shit on pc...I rolled into a camp and I found 2 soldiers running in a corner

there was no gay stuff going on so I put it down to a glitch

I later found a soldier tbagging a chicken

There are some sound bugs thats can only be found on the PS360 version (no sight on PC version), but somehow is present on this remaster...

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Dampf

I hope this game fucking bombs, so that Alex and Dork10x can hold each other, while sobbing uncontrollably.

Edit: And weren't these two idiots sent an invitation to Crytek HQ to help identify issues? Who would have thought that two twats without a lick of dev experience would have failed at that job?
Post like these make we want to leave this board. How can you be so disrespectful? Grow up, kid.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
22 fps on a Titan RTX and 31 fps on a 3080........Someone was just telling me that these cards are overkill for everything...

Maybe a poorly optimized game isn't the best benchmark to use.

There's way better looking games that run way better than this.

ethomaz

Banned

Não don’t know what to say... while some modern effects takes places and texture are a bit better the Remaster is less detailed, has no shadows in a lot of places, the water is bad, and the color pallete is out of pace.

There is a lot of comparisons on YouTube already.

Last edited:

Fake

Fucking knew it.

It's a console port of a console port.

The original Crysis with mods is still the definitive way to play this game.

Hope that Epic money was sweet.

My only afraid is if this start to became a thing on PC.
Lets not forget the Dragon Quest XI S for PC/PS4 will be a port of the Switch version.

Strange times.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Maybe a poorly optimized game isn't the best benchmark to use.

There's way better looking games that run way better than this.
Maybe so, but according to Alex do you see these godrays? Who cares about framerate if we have pure voxel GI, raytraced shadows, proper water caustics and tesselation......

Tbh, the graphical features Crytek put there are pretty demanding if you go the bruteforce route........My issue here are the bugs lighting breaking up behind certain rocks or tall grass and many inconsistencies.......I'm not even sure Crytek would have bothered if people did not make noise after the first gameplay showing which looked really bad......I expect much better from them...I know they are not the same as they used to, but surely hitting a remake out the pack for a Crysis remaster or trilogy would have put Crytek in good stead for a Crysis 4 or better adoption of Hunt and it's other games......Tbh, I would love a new Ryse and I love the Crysis games, but they should have done better.....They knew day 1 that people want the games to be playable on their rigs....That "can it run Crysis meme and e-peen pull" does nothing for Crytek, just for extreme gloating fans like that famous Crysis and Star Citizen Shrine guy, who worships tech moreover a game's playability.....13 years is too long for "can it run crysis BS".....I bought a 6800 ultra new for $700 USD, just to play it back then, you mean games still have to struggle to play this after all those years at our preferred resolution, I call bollocks....

It's a shitty remaster that doesn't function well on any platform and while looking better in some cases thanks to modern graphical features (the Remaster can indeed look great), it also looks worse such as in the examples given in the article above. One step forward, two steps back.

Also it's not based on the original PC version, but on the PS3/360 port which was a heavily gutted, modified version to begin with. That explains why environmental effects were gutted as well in the "Remaster", compared to the original.

It doesn't include the Crysis: Warhead expansion, which is a great, meaty piece of content.

The controls are worse, less complex and less responsive than in the original.

This "Remaster" is painfully devoid of the slightest reason to exist in its current iteration. It is lazy, buggy and poorly optimized.

If you want an example on how to do a remaster for the consumers, then look at Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition or Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection.

Last edited:

Fake

I guess this explain why they choise Epic Game Store. They're knowing people would refund and Epic usally pay for the refunds in this case, just like in Shenmue.

I can't say I very dissapointed with Crytek, but this sure reduce some of the Saber reputation.

MarkyG

This will do no good for Crytek's already flaky rep. I was so looking forward to this as well. :( Was almost a return of the titan moment then it just went to shit. Shame. :(

SkylineRKR

Game is shit on Pro. Stay away.

Its based on the console version with the nerfed suit controls. Quality mode looks awful. Performance mode has higher framerate and seems to be the best choice. RT mode looks more vibrant I guess.

Gameplay is bad. AI is bad. Missing a lot of shots for whatever reason. Shotgun feels good. My first experience with Crysis was the OG PC version and thats still far more fun to play than this shit.

Siri

Banned
Não don’t know what to say... while some modern effects takes places and texture are a bit better the Remaster is less detailed, has no shadows in a lot of places, the water is bad, and the color pallete is out of pace.

There is a lot of comparisons on YouTube already.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to show here? In this video virtually every comparison has the re-mastered version looking superior.

The person who wrote the captions is an idiot.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I’m not sure what you’re trying to show here? In this video virtually every comparison has the re-mastered version looking superior.

The person who wrote the captions is an idiot.

I actually like the look of the original game a lot more. It looks distinct, unique, and realistic, the new one just overloads all the effects we have seen this entire generation.

I went back and looked at some pictures I took when I was in Costa Rica, Mexico, Miami, etc. The original Crysis actually does look more like those photos than this new one. The leafy jungle type areas seem spot on as opposed to the overblown bloomy look of the new one. Pretty surprising. Bad job all around from Crytek.

Last edited:

thief183

The "can It run crysis" is an overkill setting supposed to be out of reach for some generation. The attitude of some ppl in the forum is the reason why many devs avoid this type of settings.

Omg! a 3080 can't run it at 4k! Omg omg omg!!

They could have locked the setting out and noone would have said anything.

Some ppl really can't enjoy the small things.

thief183

I actually like the look of the original game a lot more. It looks distinct, unique, and realistic, the new one just overloads all the effects we have seen this entire generation.

I went back and looked at some pictures I took when I was in Costa Rica, Mexico, Miami, etc. The original Crysis actually does look more like those photos than this new one. The leafy jungle type areas seem spot on as opposed to the overblown bloomy look of the new one. Pretty surprising. Bad job all around from Crytek.
I can assure you that It may depend by the hdr that is a mess... The game is outsatnding from a technical point of view....

Siri

Banned

You’re not making sense here?

On the one hand you’re saying you don’t like the aesthetic of the re-master, that you prefer the look of the original, which is a perfectly valid opinion.

But then, suddenly, at the end you take a swipe at Crytek and say ‘bad job all around’.

Sorry? - what are you talking about... they did a bad job because they re-mastered the game? They did a bad job because of the performance? I don’t see how your conclusion is supported here?

oagboghi2

Matter of taste. PC original indeed looks better to the PC remaster.
Dunno why they change the color palete, but looks a very bright game now. In fact looks more Far Cry 3 than Crysis to me.

And don't matter the resolution here. We're talking about comparisons to be made with the original. I already check out some comparions and even the remaster lack some tree vs original, tree animations run at 30 fps and HDR is broken.

BTW, saying 'looks better than a lot of contemporary games' is a very low argument with can be used pretty much in any game release.
No it does not. This is just, objectively not true.

Why is this even on PS4?

That's a good question. Why not release on next gen only. These games would have gotten a lot more attention otherwise

Last edited:
Top Bottom