• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Trailer Cruis'n Blast - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch | E3 2021

BlackTron

Jun 30, 2016
This actually looks pretty good but I mean...not exactly forty bucks good in 2021 lol.

Can't wait for it to go on sale though.

Virt McPolygon

Scared of guns. Even though they are smaller weapons than me.
May 8, 2019
This looks pretty badass, I think I'm gonna get it.

Are the Finish line swimsuit girls and guys back?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Is Cruis'n Blast on Nintendo Switch an Arcade-perfect port? Find out in our in-depth review that explores the new tracks, graphics, controls, gameplay depth, multiplayer and tons more!

0:00 Intro & Cruis'n Background
1:29 How It Works (Gameplay & Controls)
2:32 Motion Controls
2:46 Track Design & Spectacle
4:27 Changes from the Arcade
5:27 Arcade vs Switch graphics Comparison
6:01 Presentation (Music, Visuals, Menu)
6:58 Unlockables & Collectibles
7:25 Leveling Up Vehicles
7:45 Gameplay Depth
8:13 Magic Show?
9:07 Splitscreen Multiplayer & Rubberbanding

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

bender

Bending Rodríguez (22, 1,729)
Apr 12, 2010
Finished Cruis'n Tour on Easy and Normal as well as the first cup on Hard. Of the 24 tracks, I'd say two our duds (the 5 arcade original tracks are good too). I've run into a few bugs with vehicles warping ahead when clipping into an object and a weird one where the Unicorn tends to have trouble on a ramp made of stairs on one map, but otherwise it's been smooth sailing. This continues to be an easy recommend. It's just a fun, dumb time.

StateofMajora

Aug 7, 2020
I LOVE it. Fast responsive game, just super fun. Reminds me of burnout 2. I will be playing this a lot.

Visuals are really good overall, sometimes crazy good when the colors and reflections are all going at once. Sometimes not so good, but it's fun, who cares! You can nitpick the textures and polygons but it looks great in a simplistic kind of way.

And yeah it appears to be 1080p with no AA. 60fps holds well, there are some dips but nothing crazy. The main sacrifice from the arcade version seems to be shadows, judging off youtube vids I watched before today.

If you've been bitching about no arcade games get this game for heaven sake.

Dazrael

Dec 4, 2018
I picked it up and had a quick go. It’s probably got the worst title screen music I’ve ever heard in a game, it’s abhorrent on the ears. The game itself is fun though, it’s not OutRun 2 or Daytona but it scratches an arcade racer itch well enough.

Bankai

Jul 14, 2015
SpongebobSquaredance SpongebobSquaredance Yeah I’m sure. The vibe is completely different to me. I wrote: it LOOKS generic and bland. Just like most other “modern” arcade racers, no style just screaming colors and ugly reflections.
Reminds me of the Daytona USA version on Dreamcast; I didn’t like that either.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

00_Zer0

Nov 20, 2018
I picked it up and had a quick go. It’s probably got the worst title screen music I’ve ever heard in a game, it’s abhorrent on the ears. The game itself is fun though, it’s not OutRun 2 or Daytona but it scratches an arcade racer itch well enough.
I quite like the cheesy Cruis'n title song. Although the game is not on the level of arcades greatest racers I am glad I got this day one to enjoy it. Going to try co op with my son this weekend so we can grab a bunch of keys (unlockables)while playing.

Last edited: