• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruis'n Blast - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch | E3 2021

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Why not in MP?

Anyway thats much better than the 20 or so fps we got on n64.
It's harder to make a game 60 FPS in split screen. Afaik not even Mario Kart is 60 FPS in 4 player splits screen.

I believe the local wireless multiplayer where each player uses its own Switch is 60 FPS though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackTron

This actually looks pretty good but I mean...not exactly forty bucks good in 2021 lol.

Can't wait for it to go on sale though.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
MK8D is 60 in 2 player split screen though, and looks much, much better than this game.
yeah, but Mario Kart 8 also had a way bigger budget and way more people working on it, so it's understandable. Cruis'n is a budget title.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Is Cruis'n Blast on Nintendo Switch an Arcade-perfect port? Find out in our in-depth review that explores the new tracks, graphics, controls, gameplay depth, multiplayer and tons more!

0:00 Intro & Cruis'n Background
1:29 How It Works (Gameplay & Controls)
2:32 Motion Controls
2:46 Track Design & Spectacle
4:27 Changes from the Arcade
5:27 Arcade vs Switch graphics Comparison
6:01 Presentation (Music, Visuals, Menu)
6:58 Unlockables & Collectibles
7:25 Leveling Up Vehicles
7:45 Gameplay Depth
8:13 Magic Show?
9:07 Splitscreen Multiplayer & Rubberbanding

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Finished Cruis'n Tour on Easy and Normal as well as the first cup on Hard. Of the 24 tracks, I'd say two our duds (the 5 arcade original tracks are good too). I've run into a few bugs with vehicles warping ahead when clipping into an object and a weird one where the Unicorn tends to have trouble on a ramp made of stairs on one map, but otherwise it's been smooth sailing. This continues to be an easy recommend. It's just a fun, dumb time.

I LOVE it. Fast responsive game, just super fun. Reminds me of burnout 2. I will be playing this a lot.

Visuals are really good overall, sometimes crazy good when the colors and reflections are all going at once. Sometimes not so good, but it's fun, who cares! You can nitpick the textures and polygons but it looks great in a simplistic kind of way.

And yeah it appears to be 1080p with no AA. 60fps holds well, there are some dips but nothing crazy. The main sacrifice from the arcade version seems to be shadows, judging off youtube vids I watched before today.

If you've been bitching about no arcade games get this game for heaven sake.

Dazrael

I picked it up and had a quick go. It’s probably got the worst title screen music I’ve ever heard in a game, it’s abhorrent on the ears. The game itself is fun though, it’s not OutRun 2 or Daytona but it scratches an arcade racer itch well enough.

Bankai

@SpongebobSquaredance Yeah I’m sure. The vibe is completely different to me. I wrote: it LOOKS generic and bland. Just like most other “modern” arcade racers, no style just screaming colors and ugly reflections.
Reminds me of the Daytona USA version on Dreamcast; I didn’t like that either.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

I picked it up and had a quick go. It’s probably got the worst title screen music I’ve ever heard in a game, it’s abhorrent on the ears. The game itself is fun though, it’s not OutRun 2 or Daytona but it scratches an arcade racer itch well enough.
I quite like the cheesy Cruis'n title song. Although the game is not on the level of arcades greatest racers I am glad I got this day one to enjoy it. Going to try co op with my son this weekend so we can grab a bunch of keys (unlockables)while playing.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Reviewed by Luke Reilly on Nintendo Switch.

"It may look like a 20-year-old energy drink commercial crossed with the best-looking Dreamcast game never made, but Cruis'n Blast is an endearingly earnest arcade racing time capsule filled with goofy, crowd-pleasing vehicles and a small assortment of zany tracks. However, it's also an extremely lean package that struggles to disguise its origins as a wafer-thin, five-year-old arcade cabinet. It's fast, fun, and eye-catchingly daft but take care diving in, because it's only ankle-deep."

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
I just picked up the retail version of this game and am loving it. It delivers exactly what it promises, which is pure arcade thrills and loads of eye candy. It reminds me a lot of Crazy Taxi, Hydro Thunder, San Francisco Rush 2049, Demolition Racer: No Exit, and pretty much anything you'd find on Sega Dreamcast. Now I'm really hungry for those aforementioned videogames to arrive on Nintendo Switch.

On the downside, I just saw that the digital version is selling for $20, which is half the price of the retail version. That irritated me a little. D'oh!

I just picked up the retail version of this game and am loving it. It delivers exactly what it promises, which is pure arcade thrills and loads of eye candy. It reminds me a lot of Crazy Taxi, Hydro Thunder, San Francisco Rush 2049, Demolition Racer: No Exit, and pretty much anything you'd find on Sega Dreamcast. Now I'm really hungry for those aforementioned videogames to arrive on Nintendo Switch.

On the downside, I just saw that the digital version is selling for $20, which is half the price of the retail version. That irritated me a little. D'oh!
Yes but that 20 dollars would be up in smoke if you wanted to sell it :) physical retains value.

Glad you like the game I 100% it and still play it, just good long lasting fun. It definitely feels like a game that was made in the early 2000s

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Sebastian Maniscalco

Romulus

I think I was running this at 1440p with my 2070s pretty much 60fps about a month ago. I didn't have much time to play it but I really liked what was there

Top Bottom