• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Dr_Salt

Why would I respect someone making an idiotic choice? Motherfuckers had to get numerous vaccines throughout their life but the Covid vaccine is suddenly a bridge too far? And should I still respect the idiots who attempt to influence others to also make the same stupid choice based off of nothing but politics and conspiracy theories? Fuck those people.

Come on man lets non pretend the mrna and vector vaccines are the same type of vaccines we have been using for decades. Also its a fact that we do not know the long term effects they might have because we haven't been using them long enough to make these types of studies.
I'm pretty sure alot of people would be less hesitant on taking them if these pharmaceutical companies could be held accountable but guess what, they can't be sued for serious side effects.

Cracklox

This guy was pretty awesome. Full footage shows he was easily defeated by cops after they debuffed his flaming swords with fire extinguishers though

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F67630ecd-dd4f-4418-a48c-855e2fdf2c69

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just got a text saying that my aunt died from covid. She was a realtor and a few weeks ago she offered me a tour of a $2 million home (just to see it) but I passed on it due to fears of the pandemic. Now I’m thinking that if I had gone then I could have seen her one last time.

So far during the pandemic I’ve lost 2 aunts, 1 uncle, and a cousin.

Jaysen

Banned
Come on man lets non pretend the mrna and vector vaccines are the same type of vaccines we have been using for decades. Also its a fact that we do not know the long term effects they might have because we haven't been using them long enough to make these types of studies.
I'm pretty sure alot of people would be less hesitant on taking them if these pharmaceutical companies could be held accountable but guess what, they can't be sued for serious side effects.
I’m not pretending they’re the same. The MRNA vaccines are actually more effective.

ManaByte

Infectious disease experts warn that the more the virus spreads among unvaccinated people, the more resistant it can get against vaccines. Public health experts are urging those who have not yet received the vaccine to get the jab.

It's to the point now where fuck "but it's my personal decision". They need to load up tranquilizer guns with vaccine and just drive down the street and get people that way.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

It's to the point now where fuck "but it's my personal decision". They need to load up tranquilizer guns with vaccine and just drive down the street and get people that way.

You’re fucking insane.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No I want this to end and I'm sick of people using selfish bullshit to keep it going.

The vaccines are failing against the variants that were predicted as inevitable when you try to vaccinate your way out of an ongoing pandemic. So your idea is just to vaccinate harder and go full on authoritarian mode and force injections into people?

Stupid and insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Vaccines are already mandated to go to elementary school.

Public schools with exemptions and only for certain vaccinations. There is a reason yearly flu shots aren’t mandated.

ManaByte

Public schools with exemptions and only for certain vaccinations. There is a reason yearly flu shots aren’t mandated.
Immunizations required to enter Kindergarten:
  • Polio.
  • Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP)
  • Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
  • Hepatitis B.
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Immunizations required to enter Kindergarten:
  • Polio.
  • Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP)
  • Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
  • Hepatitis B.
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)

I don’t think they should be mandated, but I got all of those and so did my kids. That doesn’t mean these new COVID vaccines, which appear to be failing before our eyes and will not help young children anyway should be recommended or required. Certainly not by force.

thefool

Recommended vaccines in Europe (in some countries mandated) are very battle-tested and we know their long-term effects. A big part of the vaccine hesitancy comes from the novelty of it.

Btw, Island seems to have a surge in infections lately, even tho their 16+ population is close to being 80% vaccinated. 78% of the infections are of vaccinated citizens vs 22% of unvaccinated ones

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I don’t think they should be mandated, but I got all of those and so did my kids. That doesn’t mean these new COVID vaccines, which appear to be failing before our eyes and will not help young children anyway should be recommended or required. Certainly not by force.
Yes, they should be mandated. If in doubt ask a person that suffered from polio if one still lives in Western world, I guarantee you this conversation will be most illuminating.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The world needs to stop focusing on new cases. Older people at higher risk can still expect an 80% or so reduced rate of death after infection compared to the unvaccinated, so that should really be good enough.

Cyberpunkd

Recommended vaccines in Europe (in some countries mandated) are very battle-tested and we know their long-term effects. A big part of the vaccine hesitancy comes from the novelty of it.
Shocker for you - all of these vaccines at some point were novel, but before social media didn’t give a chance to all the morons to band together and ‘just ask questions’.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Shocker for you - all of these vaccines at some point were novel, but before social media didn’t give a chance to all the morons to band together and ‘just ask questions’.

Which were novel and became mandated in the same year while under emergency use authorization?

ManaByte

"If it was approved with the full approval from FDA -- which we all anticipate may be coming pretty soon...Maybe in the next couple of months -- then the legal ability to mandate becomes a lot stronger," Collins, the NIH director, said.

Cyberpunkd

They were novel and tested for long periods of time until they became part of vaccination programs.
Unfortunately unless you want grandpa and grandma and the ma and pa to die we cannot just wait it out - shocker, life goes on a little bit faster than it did in the past.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately unless you want grandpa and grandma and the ma and pa to die we cannot just wait it out - shocker, life goes on a little bit faster than it did in the past.

No. Grandma and grandpa can and probably should get vaxxed.

Conform or die is the mindset. Anyone not getting with the ideological program is a hindrance to progress.
To me it’s a lot like the Westboro Baptist Church. Someone gets sick and dies and assholes come out of the woodwork to dance on their grave because they think they can get away with it. It’s pretty sick.

Do we do that when someone ODs on drugs or gets skin cancer from being out in the sun unprotected? Even if someone smokes and gets lung cancer, decent people don’t say “serves them right for smoking.” I mean, maybe some people do. But they’re assholes.

We can advise people that they should get that vaccines. But if they choose not to listen, they aren’t bad people. They aren’t selfish. They may be misguided in our eyes, but so be it. We can still be decent to them. Otherwise, we aren’t that different from Westboro Baptists.

Time is relative and it does not move faster now that it did 50 years ago. We'll know long-term effects on a long-term timeline.
This idea of ‘long term effects’ just doesn’t make sense as an argument. The antibodies are created, the vaccine breaks down and is dissolved into your system. The antibodies can only do one thing. There is no path to long term side effects and there is plenty of data on short term side effects.

You could argue that we need time to correlate all the data on short term side effects, of which there is more data than any other vaccines in history.

Last edited:

ManaByte

This idea of ‘long term effects’ just doesn’t make sense as an argument. The antibodies are created, the vaccine breaks down and is dissolved into your system. The antibodies can only do one thing. There is no path to long term side effects and there is plenty of data on short term side effects.

You could argue that we need time to correlate all the data on short term side effects, of which there is more than any other vaccine in history.

But what about the guy who said in VAERS that it turned him into the Incredible Hulk?

Do we do that when someone ODs on drugs or gets skin cancer from being out in the sun unprotected? Even if someone smokes and gets lung cancer, decent people don’t say “serves them right for smoking.” I mean, maybe some people do. But they’re assholes.

Those people don't Tweet things like this:
45805895-9818357-image-a-15_1627046032387.jpg

45805893-9818357-image-a-16_1627046034402.jpg

45805887-9818357-image-a-17_1627046039746.jpg

45805891-9818357-image-a-24_1627046122643.jpg

45805889-9818357-His_tragic_final_tweet_which_was_posted_on_Wednesday_revealed_th-a-4_1627048426725.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

You could argue that we need time to correlate all the data on short term side effects, of which there is more data than any other vaccines in history.

The assumption is that they work as intended and your cells stop producing the spike proteins very quickly. You need to follow up with people long term to make sure this is the case, and there are no unintended side effects, however. There is simply no getting around time, especially with novel technologies that haven’t been used en masse in humans before.

Dr_Salt

A pfizer study on biodistribution has shown that the lipid nanoparticle that they say should stay in your shoulder actually was found floating freely inside your body. This lipid nanoparticle carries spike protein which has been shown to be cytotoxic. We have no idea what this is going to do in our bodies because there is no study on this since this is the first time this kind of vaccines are being used.

Please do not act like this is the same technology that we have been using for decades because it is not.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
A pfizer study on biodistribution has shown that the lipid nanoparticle that they say should stay in your shoulder actually was found floating freely inside your body. This lipid nanoparticle carries spike protein which has been shown to be cytotoxic. We have no idea what this is going to do in our bodies because there is no study on this since this is the first time this kind of vaccines are being used.

Please do not act like this is the same technology that we have been using for decades because it is not.

To be fair, that was in hamsters and the injected amount was many times higher than what is in the vaccine, if I’m remembering correctly. Correct me if I an wrong or thinking of something else, though.

Dr_Salt

To be fair, that was in hamsters and the injected amount was many times higher than what is in the vaccine, if I’m remembering correctly. Correct me if I an wrong or thinking of something else, though.
I haven't really read anything about the ammount injected. I had the PDF lying around I'm gonna try to find it since google seems to be making it hard to find.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

We can advise people that they should get that vaccines. But if they choose not to listen, they aren’t bad people. They aren’t selfish. They may be misguided in our eyes, but so be it. We can still be decent to them. Otherwise, we aren’t that different from Westboro Baptists.
Listen, I don’t give a damn what other people do when it doesn’t effect me, they have a right to live their lives as the want. The problem is - in global pandemic it kinda does effect me and my family.

In France both the government spokesperson and the Minister of Health pointed out the following - how to explain to vaccinated that they need to suffer the consequences of choices made by people who refused to vaccinate? They trusted in the vaccine, they got the shots. Which is why you see all the restriction coming up for non-vaccinated - they made their choice and as adults they have to assume the consequences.

thefool

This statement is incorrect. Cell signaling events can lead to other diseases which is why we'll need to monitor it for a long time.

Our belief of its safety actually comes from studying other mRNA vaccines on a long-term timeline.

ManaByte

In France both the government spokesperson and the Minister of Health pointed out the following - how to explain to vaccinated that they need to suffer the consequences of choices made by people who refused to vaccinate? They trusted in the vaccine, they got the shots. Which is why you see all the restriction coming up for non-vaccinated - they made their choice and as adults they have to assume the consequences.

The new narrative that's already gestating is now we need to lockdown to protect the unvaccinated because now they're not responsible for their choices.

Dr_Salt

Listen, I don’t give a damn what other people do when it doesn’t effect me, they have a right to live their lives as the want. The problem is - in global pandemic it kinda does effect me and my family.

How does it affect you exactly? Do you not trust the 90%+ efficacy they claim it has? Care to explain?

thefool

You are correct, which is also worrisome as most of our data about this subject comes from testing hamsters, we still know very little in humans. There's a study that found tiny amounts of spike proteins in the bloodstream of 11 out of 13 recipients of Moderna vaccine. The justification of why this is contradictory with the clinical trials and the information reported by the company is that the study used an ultrasensitive technology that the company didn't (lol).

Ellery

Regardless of your personal opinion and I am asking purely out of curiosity : How do you guys think the next few months and maybe years are going to look like in regards to vaccinations and the extreme polarization of vax vs anti vax, the government, protests, herd immunity etc. ?

FunkMiller

Regardless of your personal opinion and I am asking purely out of curiosity : How do you guys think the next few months and maybe years are going to look like in regards to vaccinations and the extreme polarization of vax vs anti vax, the government, protests, herd immunity etc. ?

Vaccines will continue to lessen the scale of the pandemic greatly, to the point where the pandemic status will end. Booster vaccines will be required for some time. Borderline anti vaxxers will get jabbed when they realise how badly affected their lives are by the things they are denied. Rabid moronic anti vaxxers will continue to talk shit on the internet. In five years Covid will be more or less forgotten about, other than popping to the pharmacy for your jab once a year.

Last edited:
I haven't really read anything about the ammount injected. I had the PDF lying around I'm gonna try to find it since google seems to be making it hard to find.
This may be it.

Abstract
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) proteins were measured in longitudinal plasma samples collected from 13 participants who received two doses of mRNA-1273 vaccine. Eleven of 13 participants showed detectable levels of SARS-CoV-2 protein as early as day 1 after first vaccine injection. Clearance of detectable SARS-CoV-2 protein correlated with production of immunoglobulin G (IgG) and immunoglobulin A (IgA).

S1 antigen was detected as early as day 1 postvaccination, and peak levels were detected on average 5 days after the first injection (Figure 1A). The mean S1 peak level was 68 pg/mL ± 21 pg/mL. S1 in all participants declined and became undetectable by day 14.

Edit: the amount detected in the bloodstream was very small compared to the dose, like 100x smaller.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

IMO we are going to keep looking at a fight between vax and antivax, more countries will start adopting mandatory health pass and as countries increase their % of innoculation and observe that the virus is not going away we are going to see governments start blaming the ongoing cases on the non vaxed and keep moving the % of vaccinated needed for heard immunity.

Also I'm pretty sure we are going to keep hearing about the new deadly variant every couple of months and booster shots are going to start appearing 6-12 months from now.

Dr_Salt

This may be it.

Abstract

Edit: the amount detected in the bloodstream was very small compared to the dose, like 100x smaller.

It is this one(sorry for long url its a pdf)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2ZIGAhmvPaANpLI1egfe2U&cshid=1627248861115

Ellery

IMO we are going to keep looking at a fight between vax and antivax, more countries will start adopting mandatory health pass and as countries increase their % of innoculation and observe that the virus is not going away we are going to see governments start blaming the ongoing cases on the non vaxed and keep moving the % of vaccinated needed for heard immunity.

Also I'm pretty sure we are going to keep hearing about the new deadly variant every couple of months and booster shots are going to start appearing 6-12 months from now.

Could you see the situation escalating? (In some countries)

Vaccines will continue to lessen the scale of the pandemic greatly, to the point where the pandemic status will end. Booster vaccines will be required for some time. Borderline anti vaxxers will get jabbed when they realise how badly affected their lives are by the things they are denied. Rabid moronic anti vaxxers will continue to talk shit on the internet. In five years Covid will be more or less forgotten about, other than popping to the pharmacy for your jab once a year.

I am not an expert, but they can combine multiple vaccines/flu shots etc. if I am not mistaken? I would definitely prefer a jab once a year and live freely compared to constant lockdowns and all the other negative things that come with it.

ManaByte

I am not an expert, but they can combine multiple vaccines/flu shots etc. if I am not mistaken? I would definitely prefer a jab once a year and live freely compared to constant lockdowns and all the other negative things that come with it.

They're already talking about a Flu mRNA vaccine.

And Moderna is already testing it:

Dr_Salt

Could you see the situation escalating? (In some countries)

I think overall deaths and cases will decrease but we will still be getting cases because this is a leaky vaccine. I can see other countries adopting health passes specially if they prove to be sucessful.
I can also see countries easing on testing once they reach their heard immunity % which will make it impossible to know if the vaccine is really preventing people from getting it in the first place.

thefool

My expectation is that democratic and civilized countries keep promoting vaccination but move forward as we now have the tools (vaccines) to help risk groups, others less-democratic ones will probably understand a part of the populace doesn't mind authoritarian ideals as long as they align with their own and will enforce restrictions to the unvaccinated, probably leading more to litigation than civil unrest.
Time will bring more infections and our immunity system will react accordingly, like the last 200k years, along a new generation of better vaccines.

QSD

A pfizer study on biodistribution has shown that the lipid nanoparticle that they say should stay in your shoulder actually was found floating freely inside your body. This lipid nanoparticle carries spike protein which has been shown to be cytotoxic.
This point specifically is made often by Bret & Heather on the Dark Horse, but every time they do they get hounded by a bunch of biologists on twitter that it's not true. I don't really know how to adjudicate the claim, I have no expertise. But I don't consider it fact at the moment.

The whole The Weinsteins VS The World (TM) saga continues meanwhile, now Sam Harris has basically dropped Bret Weinstein like a brick in his latest episode. What ever else is true, by now 'IDW' stands for Intellectual Drama Web if you ask me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom