• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Controversial gaming opinions you have that could end in you being labeled a hater or troll?

What are some you have that some would label you as this, despite it not being true?

Nadine is a character that still confuses me to this day. Not sure if I should totally hate her, or at least blame her writers. One thing is clear (ok two things) 1. I don't like her and 2, it has nothing to do with her gender or race. This has not stopped people from accusing of bigotry or racism though.

Any Fire Emblem Three Houses conversation in which I state that I find Edelgard creepy and wrong, and that I like Rhea instead usually is also met with scorn and harassment depending on where I post the opinion with Game FAQs and Reddit being the worst for discussion into that aspect of the game.

Mentioning nearly anywhere online what I consider to be the flaws I see with Zelda: Breath of the Wild- (lack of enemy variety, rate of weapon decay/breakage, Lack of true dungeons, Rain and Lightning that hinders exploration Too many Shrines, too Many Koroks and Korok Seeds being tied to item capacity.) Lots of people get oddly triggered whenever I get asked for my opinion, and then give them those answers.

GuinGuin

Banned
I liked Nadine. I thought her and Chloe had awesome chemistry. To answer your question I've been accused of liking Playstation too much for civilized society.

I have PS1-PS5. I've owned countless PSP's and Vitas. I just got a PSVR. PS2 is my fave console of all time.

Yet my opinion that Xbox consoles have clearly been a better place to play games the last 2 generations......would likely get me labeled as some sorta Xbox fanboy. Despite the fact that i never owned the original Xbox. And I preferred PS3 to 360.

i just whole heartedly feel like Xbox since at least 2015....does everything better than Playstation EXCEPT EXCLUSIVE GAMES

Drizzlehell

Banned
I really hate what Naughty Dog ended up doing to Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy. And Lost Legacy in my opinion is the worst, the laziest Uncharted game to date. It has fun gameplay and nice visuals but the story and writing are just nails-on-a-chalkboard cringe material for me, and the game is mostly just recycled ideas from previous games.

It was just a sign of things to come in The Last of Us 2. Although I liked that game probably more than most people, I can totally understand why so many fans felt betrayed by it and it's a common problem for all those recent ND games.

BabyYoda

Banned
That the TLOU series needs to die. On a slightly related note, we need less games where they force you to play as an unattractive girl that somehow matches the strength and toughness of guys twice her size. Ditto for the same in all entertainment actually.

Similar to that, sick of seeing everything crammed to the full with "POC" and wamen, for example, in sports where they have little to no representation in rl (not at any respectable level anyway). It's blatant pandering and I doubt many peoples lives are made better because of it, dare I say some lives are probably made worse.

I cannot wait till people are treated as equals again and not singled out based on the colour of their skin or their gender to push some superfluous agenda that's really a front to distract from skeletons in their closet (see Blizzard). People/characters being selected based on talent, fitting the context or because they represent by far the majority of your target demographic, remember when things were actually sane?!

You said controversial!

Last edited:
but I don't see the point in spending time shitting up their threads

Never met "hardcore" Fallout fans, eh? Can't have a FO76 thread without the cucks coming in and screeching talking points from their favorite youtoober back when the game released. It happens here, reddit, twitter, everywhere. There's dozens of us 76'ers and I demand a safe space from the purists' driveby attacks.

Horizon Zero Dawn has no redeeming features. It plays like trash, the story is boring/basic, and the characters and their dialogue are straight up stupid.

Angry Season 8 GIF by The Office

MrS

Banned

Woggleman

GTA V while technically great is a cringe fest that has one of the worst characters ever created with Trevor. Rockstar wanted to win back the people who didn't like GTA IV so they put out a game with grade school fart jokes. I don't think I cared about a single character.

Last edited:
The Last of Us isn’t good. It’s not bad, but it’s closer to bad than good. The story is basic and brings literally nothing new to the table. The gameplay is terrible, and the crafting mechanics are always at odds with the games cinematic feel. The characters are, and always will be, the best part of the game, but people seem to believe that good characters = good story.

Left behind is unbearable. It should have been a 45 minute animated short. There was more cinematics than gameplay, much more than the base game.

I’ve only gotten to Seattle in The Last of Us Part 2. Gameplay is better than 1, but still awful. Story isn’t anything remarkable so far, much like the first game. The characters are a giant’s step down from 1.

I personally believe that the HBO series will outshine the games in every way.

This is a controversial opinion. It goes against how most people feel about the series. It is not an attack, or factual, in anyway. It is my opinion, and my opinion alone.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I sold my PS4 in 2017 because the last PlayStation exclusive I truly enjoyed was Motorstorm Apocalypse
Which sadly bombed because of the "2011 PSN Hacku" and everything after that was third person cinematic horseshit
or available on another platform Sony is actively abandoning everything that made it great in the first place
to cater to a western/woke audience of mentally ill sjw types, rabid fanboys and fans of selective censorship(?)

arvfab

Banned
- Fallout 3 and 4 are so bad, I never managed to play them for more than 10 hours
- Halo is a kiddies game with all of that jumping and screaming little aliens
- BotW is the worst 3D Zelda, by far
- Mario Odyssey is the best 3D Mario game
- RE4 was the beginning of RE's ride to mediocrity
- RE8 was a good game, but a bad RE
- RDR > RDR2
- FF9 is the worst (but not a bad) PS1 FF

Top Bottom