• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Man. Now, granted, I'm only one episode in, but I think Smallville's version of Lex is GREAT. So much better than the seemingly similarly aged BvS version.

Rosenbaum was easily the best live action Luthor, even if it did steal the Spider-Man/Harry Osborn dynamic wholesale.

Owzers

Finally saw Clash of Champions, so good. This country is on the right track to Trumpville..

also SNL has been pretty good and Messi would like the Margot Robbie skit? The cold open was great, i don't even mind that they mocked our future Great One.

I see some quality books come out next week.

Aftermath Big Clean #2
DC Comics Covergirls
Flash: An Adult Coloring Book
Hellina Seduction Deluxe Box Set
InSEXts #8
Jungle Fantasy Annual #1
Jungle Fantasy Ivory #1
Jungle Fantasy Vixens #1
Lookers #0
Oh Joy Sex Toy, vols 1 & 2
Rough Riders #6
Secret History of Twin Peaks
Serenity Adult Coloring Book
Super Fuckers Forever #3
The Secret Loves of Geek Girls TPB
Zenoscope in general
Zombie Tramp 2016 Halloween Special #1

Comics were a mistake.

frye

my review of Deadly Class 22 is yelling "REALLY REMENDER? THIS IS HOW YOU DO ME?" for a long-ass while

rip #TeamPetra

but also, I am going all-in on #TeamQuan, which will not go bad for me in any way ever

this is me

what's the worst that could happen tbh

Unlike some people buying only lewd books, here is my list of wholesome family comics.

Clean Room #12
Deadman Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1
Flintstones #4
Future Quest #5
Midnighter and Apollo #1
Shade The Changing Girl #1
Paper Girls #10
Walking Dead #159
Cage #1
Champions #1
Jessica Jones #1
Giant Days #19

Why the fuck is there a $150 library edition of Fight Club 2?

Just so I'm clear:
-No more GIF reviews
-Spoiler tag explicit emotional reactions beyond "I liked this," "I didn't like this," and, "I don't know how I feel about this."

That sum it up? I can deal with it.
I don't mind some posters doing the gif stuff because the write better reviews than most people here like bkata <3 and then others like psych post some funny varied ones.

Just change it up.
Is this a compliment? I can't tell.
New Avengers #16: Pretty fun arc, I like how it stopped giving a damn about the actual CW2 and just kicked ass throughout. I wish Maker does more outside of this book.
It's like Standoff, where they just said "fuck it, SHIELD is chasing Rick Jones. AMERICAN KAIJU!"
Idk. I think he's doing IvX but then he's only solicited for #0.
I knew he was doing IvX, but it's a crime if he doesn't do Ultimates again.

Not that it was justified though- her bullshit with ISO-8 was fucking stupid.
Supremely stupid move. Especially after all the SHIELD shit that had just gone down.
Rosenbaum was easily the best live action Luthor, even if it did steal the Spider-Man/Harry Osborn dynamic wholesale.
I've always been partial to Kevin Spacey myself. Which is funny, because Rosenbaum's Luthor is him redoing his JLU impression of Luthor during "The Great Brain Robbery," which is him doing a Spacey impression.

^ So those are all the books you're in for, huh? Interesting list.

:D

Some of those titles were a bit of a streeeetch, especially the Teddy Roosevelt inspired Rough Riders, but you have to work with the material you have.

List!
Batman #8
CAGE! #1
Green Arrow #8
Jessica Jones #1
Midnighter and Apollo #1
Moonshine #1 - Tragicomedy pick of the week
Nightwing #6
Paper Girls #10
Shade the Changing Girl #1
Shipwreck #1
Superman #8

Owzers

I don't like reading trades because the pages aren't flat and I don't like digital because I read them as single pages and although that prevents reading ahead, it feels cut off from the overall vision.

Comics are complicated.

Whose idea was it to give Batman those shoulder spikes he had in the late 90's? They bug the fuck out of me
I don't like reading trades because the pages aren't flat and I don't like digital because I read them as single pages and although that prevents reading ahead, it feels cut off from the overall vision.

Comics are complicated.

Are they, though?

Cassandra Cain Batgirl is just super enjoyable to read. I'm not really sure where this whole "no secret identity" thing is going. Makes Batman seem like a huge douche though, since he refers to it making her "a more effective weapon." Interesting, considering her dad raised her to be a weapon, and her entire stint as Batgirl so far has been proving that programming wrong.

Fuck you, Bruce.

Khouri tweeted a few things:

Velma by Otto Schmidt:

5ckgf.jpg

And a Green Arrow #12 tease from Otto Schmidt. Between Ben, Otto, Juan and Stephen, we got four-five issues in production at any given time:

qbka8.jpg

All the Green Arrow artists color their own work, so Nate's able to design titles and SFX from the final colors straight away.

Zombine

Banned
If you post an emotion you felt during reading a comic untagged and someone else sees it, you are robbing people of that emotion because you know you should be having those feelings while reading.

Messi

I see some quality books come out next week.

Aftermath Big Clean #2
DC Comics Covergirls
Flash: An Adult Coloring Book
Hellina Seduction Deluxe Box Set
InSEXts #8
Jungle Fantasy Annual #1
Jungle Fantasy Ivory #1
Jungle Fantasy Vixens #1
Lookers #0
Oh Joy Sex Toy, vols 1 & 2
Rough Riders #6
Secret History of Twin Peaks
Serenity Adult Coloring Book
Super Fuckers Forever #3
The Secret Loves of Geek Girls TPB
Zenoscope in general
Zombie Tramp 2016 Halloween Special #1

Comics were a mistake.

Insexts doesn't deserve to have its name muddied on this list.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's common courtesy. You see its bothered some people. It takes two seconds to spoiler tag. I spoiler tag everything on launch day bar stuff like.. I liked this or this was good.
I am sorry for this people, but I wont do this.

Dont care if that makes me an asshole, but there is always a point where spoiler culture hits the point where its laughable.

Is anyone familiar with Mezolith? Reading a little about it, and it sounds super interesting with some incredible art. It's a coming of age story set 10,000 years ago during the stone age, so it's historical fiction, but also plays with horror elements, magical/spiritual elements with gods and spirits they believe in walking the land, survival stuff, there's a real nice preview from cbr here: click

Awesome panel of one of the spirits being approached hah

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thank you for making this a community so welcoming.
Oh come the fuck on. There are plenty of movies out there where it common knowledge that they are sad and not happy and they still make people sad. There is nothing like robbing emotions.
Of course there a difference between mixing emotions with spoilers like posting "I am so sad that
xyz
is dead" and "shit, after this issue I am super sad and I feel bad now:/" there are millions of possiblities that could me make feel bad or maybe I am the only one who got bad feelings and nobody other cares. And that is the point again where nobody has a clue what could be a spoiler and what not and this just kills of discussions. Nobody would do this in real life.

"The new issue of Squirrel girls was super fun, loved what they did Hellcat!" - ups, should be in a tag.

I am super sick of all this super sensitiv spoiler scaremongerin in the internet.

Messi

Oh come the fuck on. There are plenty of movies out there where it common knowledge that they are sad and not happy and they still make people sad. There is nothing like robbing emotions.
Of course there a difference between mixing emotions with spoilers like posting "I am so sad that
xyz
is dead" and "shit, after this issue I am super sad and I feel bad now:/" there are millions of possiblities that could me make feel bad or maybe I am the only one who got bad feelings and nobody other cares. And that is the point again where nobody has a clue what could be a spoiler and what not and this just kills of discussions. Nobody would do this in real life.

"The new issue of Squirrel girls was super fun, loved what they did Hellcat!" - ups, should be in a tag.

I am super sick of all this super sensitiv spoiler scaremongerin in the internet.

This isn't what we are talking about and you know it.

Also it doesn't kill discussion. It's still in spoiler tags if someone wants to read it. You are just being inconsiderate. What do you gain by being difficult about this?

On Wednesday people repeatedly discussed the sad thing that happened in saga. Then someone listed characters they are glad are still alive.

As I said yesterday. Keep doing what you are doing. We never change every time this comes up. Why would this be different. I just wont come here on Wednesdays as usual.

Image Hardcovers are fantastic. A few specific ones have issues with the binding, like Black Science and The Wicked + The Divine. But other than that, it's a great format.

The only issue I have with Image Deluxe Hardcovers is that they're almost too good.

Thanks! Just ordered it on Amazon, should be here by Tuesday-Wednesday.

Have I mentioned how lucky Americans are to have IST? They have it for $38(after conversion) vs $56 I paid on Amazon. Unfortunately, IST's international shipping is slow, expensive, and untrackable/uninsured.

Messi

Thanks! Just ordered it on Amazon, should be here by Tuesday-Wednesday.

Have I mentioned how lucky Americans are to have IST? They have it for $38(after conversion) vs $56 I paid on Amazon. Unfortunately, IST's international shipping is slow, expensive, and untrackable/uninsured.

Do what I do and order $500 of books at a time

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This isn't what we are talking about and you know it.

Also it doesn't kill discussion. It's still in spoiler tags if someone wants to read it. You are just being inconsiderate. What do you gain by being difficult about this?

On Wednesday people repeatedly discussed the sad thing that happened in saga. Then someone listed characters they are glad are still alive.

As I said yesterday. Keep doing what you are doing. We never change every time this comes up. Why would this be different. I just wont come here on Wednesdays as usual.

I havent read what was discussed on wednesday and when there were real spoilers dropped this is a no-no.
There were a couple of posts that occured here in the last two pages were revolving around "everything beside I like this Issue" is now to be tagged. And this is what I wont do. We dont have to discuss if real spoilers are to be tagged, its a thing of honor to not do this, but like I said, we should not get ridicolus. But when thats not what was planed, then its fine.

Messi

I havent read what was discussed on wednesday and when there were real spoilers dropped this is a no-no.
There were a couple of posts that occured here in the last two pages were revolving around "everything beside I like this Issue" is now to be tagged. And this is what I wont do. We dont have to discuss if real spoilers are to be tagged, its a thing of honor to not do this, but like I said, we should not get ridicolus. But when thats not what was planed, then its fine.

It's pointless to talk about it as we are just waiting for the next mildly important moment to get spoiled because someone is excited. Gaf will never change in regards to spoilers. The second the last issue of the last deadly Class arc ended this place was a complete shit show of people dancing on the line gleefully trying to spoil the end while not crossing the line.

Not that I have the money for such a wonderful thing, but this Hellboy sculpture is gorgeous, probably one of the best I've ever seen. $300 is too rich for my veins, $380 plus shipping for niternational, but I know some of you are hardcore of this kind of stuff

click

Messi

I don't think I realized how much losing Capullo and the rest of the art team from Batman would hurt my interest in the book.

TheFlow

Banned
Put the gif thing to a vote. if the majority says no more gif only reviews then put it in the community rules. that simple.

lmao, damn. well at least there's confirmation that it's actually being worked on finally.

For sure, the teaser for the next volume looked awesome. He mentioned working on an all new project too so I'd like to think he's deep in witches already, surely he's known what he'll actually do for awhile, even if he had to wait for the time to actually script the whe thing.

Messi

Put the gif thing to a vote. if the majority says no more gif only reviews then put it in the community rules. that simple.

People gonna do what they want regardless lol. You put rules in front of people here and they actively want to defy them. Badasses the lot of them.

Top Bottom