• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

That FFXV Omen trailer got me hyped for the game for the first time. Still probably gonna wait for a sale.
Yep, gonna buy me the Wasp and Ivy prints...when I get the money
https://www.etsy.com/fr/shop/ElsaCharretier?ref=hdr_shop_menu

il_570xN.1116665813_ki9k.jpg
What if the book is hot garbage, like No Man's Sky?

Kingdom Hearts bullshit is easier to understand once you realize that water equals darkness

Check out more theory videos at my channel, KHTheoriesOfficial. Donate to my Patreon for more theories like the above.

Haha I do need to do that. I actually checked to make.sure the comic doesn't spoil the book but it's set before. I spotted in an interview too that similar to Baltimore they will effectively adapt the book into the comic as they go on, but yea, thanks.for the reminder. I would like to read that. Knee deep in the fireman right now as far as novels go but maybe next! I really loved that trade though. Do you read Baltimore too??
I have not read Baltimore at all, but it's on a list of things. Somewhere. I have a list. Somewhere.
It's only one issue in. I liked it, but there are a lot of unknowns. They're telling the story of some mystery, but they don't give many specifics except that
Jessica hid their daughter
for some reason.
We don't even know
if she hid Dani.

You have read far more, I have yet to read most of the first Post-SW wave 1 books ;)

But I love this book very much. It feels like on of these small three/four pagers from these Marvel satire books.
And the art <3

Genndy Tartakovsky is great I just felt the book was loaded with too many stereotypes. Maybe that's what they were going for, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
one issue did it for you? I liked it though that fan service with
cyclops
made the book
It tapped right on my taste.
Like I said, it feels exactly like these satire book Marvel puts out once in a while. Strange Tales, Secret Wars, Too, Shame Itself, etc. And I just love these :D
The
Cyclops
cameo was fun, really curious what they are gonna do with that, it felt a bit random to me.
Is Cage a Mini?

TheFlow

Banned
It tapped right on my taste.
Like I said, it feels exactly like these satire book Marvel puts out once in a while. Strange Tales, Secret Wars, Too, Shame Itself, etc. And I just love these :D
The
Cyclops
cameo was fun, really curious what they are gonna do with that, it felt a bit random to me.
Is Cage a Mini?

yes it is, and they seem to be making it canon so that will be interesting.

Sandfox

I mean, with Rebirth you have literally the best creators in a publisher doing the event. It's inevitably going to be massive. It's just such a refreshing approach.

Rebirth is really the best thing to happen in mainstream comics in decades.

While it could be good if Snyder sticks the landing, I don't really see how a big Batman event is a "refreshing approach".

While it could be good if Snyder sticks the landing, I don't really see how a big Batman event is a "refreshing approach".

What gives you the impression that it's a "Batman Event". He said "Big Summer Event" and it's being done by the team responsible for the best DC story since Final Crisis.

That's refreshing. Allowing your most talented creators to tell a linewide story. It's Secret Wars level thinking. I know it didn't happen that long ago, but considering the comics since then, I'd say it's very refreshing.

From reading his Twitter you get the feeling this event is something Snyder actually wants to do and is looking forward to working with Capullo again. Compare that to Civil War 2 which most likely came about because Marvel editorial wanted a new Civil War event the same year as the movie and told Bendis to write it.

From reading his Twitter you get the feeling this event is something Snyder actually wants to do and is looking forward to working with Capullo again. Compare that to Civil War 2 which most likely came about because Marvel editorial wanted a new Civil War event the same year as the movie and told Bendis to write it.

Bingo

Sandfox

What gives you the impression that it's a "Batman Event". He said "Big Summer Event" and it's being done by the team responsible for the best DC story since Final Crisis.

That's refreshing. Allowing your most talented creators to tell a linewide story. It's Secret Wars level thinking. I know it didn't happen that long ago, but considering the comics since then, I'd say it's very refreshing.

"Yes, we’re gonna be doing a big summer event, next year, next summer," Snyder told Newsarama at New York Comic Con. "It will be very Batman centric, and very rock ‘n’ roll."
We also have the Joker talk and the fact that it's a Snyder/Capullo book.

I just don't see big events as refreshing.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Titans #4; Hellblazer #3; Batgirl #4

All decent issues that propelled the narrative forward-- going to make the decision to tradewait much more difficult.

Boogiepop

Prowler was a lot better than I expected.

That's enough for me to pick it up and give it a try myself later. Like I said earlier in the thread, it tying into the Clone Conspiracy stuff had my interest as I'm fairly in on that right now, but nobody in here was talking about it.

And man, think I'll hold off for a sale on catching up the rest of the way on Power Rangers or something. I read 1-5 and I liked them well enough, but... it's weird, since I had limited exposure to the show back in the day, and I just watched through the original Zyuranger this past summer. So it's like the thing I'm now most familiar with is first being filtered by the bizarro version that is Power Rangers and then further filtered in being adapted into a comic and... it's just odd. (I don't think that Zyuranger is better written than this comic or sacred or anything, it's just a weird situation that's throwing me off with it.)

Edit: Pray for me, people, as I'm preparing to take the dive... into Valiant comics. (I have a giant backlog of, like, everything up to when that one Comixology sale, so this'll definitely be interesting).

Also, does Shade the Changing Girl play off of the Shade the Changing Man run much at all? I also have that in my backlog, and I'd be willing to give it some priority if necessary to give that more recent series a try.

Messi

International Iron Man hardcover collecting the entire series (that totally ends abruptly) 1-6 is $30.

Marvel

EFy9n3c.gif

Come the fuck on.

Messi

I don't buy a lot of Marvel and DC trades just because of how interrelated a lot of their story arcs are and how quickly they become outdated.

I love the old storyline books DC do for $20

I don't even know what they would charge for that over here. £25? that's bloody ridiculous.

My store in ireland has started brexit pricing (read gouging) $29.99 book will cost €33-33.99 so about $35-36.

Top Bottom