• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Miles is in Old Man Logan and Gwen is in Contest of Champions
Flash is in more books than Peter too.

What the heck.

Miles is on a representative cover for Old Man Logan. Left side, Logan's old world. Right side, the upbeat and hopeful Marvel Universe (you see the edges of other heroes in the image). Contest of Champions has everyone, since it's based on the mobile game.

You're really worrying about nothing.

I kinda feel like the secret wars books are basically the last real expression of creativity in marvel for a while. Months of non stop craziness, do whatever you want, and then it all ends.

There'll be a handful of good books still, Aaron is still putting in the work. But it's pretty much exactly like New 52. There was still Snyder Batman but overall it was by the numbers dreck.

But don't get too down. It took a few years but then Grayson came and changed everything.

Actually, wait. There's more than Snyder/Aaron. We got Ewing. Always Ewing.

Hang in there.

I kinda feel like the secret wars books are basically the last real expression of creativity in marvel for a while. Months of non stop craziness, do whatever you want, and then it all ends.

There'll be a handful of good books still, Aaron is still putting in the work. But it's pretty much exactly like New 52. There was still Snyder Batman but overall it was by the numbers dreck.

But don't get too down. It took a few years but then Grayson came and changed everything.

Hang in there.

And Grayson's writer! And Ewing on two books.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guardians #3000 #3 was good, it's growing on me. The art helps, dat Sandoval <3

Silver Surfer #8 was excellent as usual, the feels when Dawn finally finds out that Surfer used to be...you know...responsible for trillions of deaths :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just let one of them be Squirrel Girl and I'll let the rest of this Nu52 ass Island of Misfit Creative Teams slide

I don't ask for much

Squirrel Girl and Silver Surfer

And She Hulk

Edit: assuming that it's Kitty as Starlord, we are still missing Emma and Cyke

Sandfox

Hang in there.
New 52 initially had a lot of internal issues that don't seem to be present here.

Mudcrab

oh man, shit is gonna look sick.

Yes. Yes it will.

YQiSYCH.jpg

Rhaknar

Hawkeye #21 - I can't hold all these feels inside me bros :(

Just let one of them be Squirrel Girl and I'll let the rest of this Nu52 ass Island of Misfit Creative Teams slide

I don't ask for much

Nothing else even matters. Just give me Squirrel Girl and a twix and Im set. Marvel Comics architects can be Bunn/Tom Taylor instead of Hickman/Remender for all I care

Rhaknar

Time to read Daredevil #11 and enjoy what little Kirsten I have left :(

We just don't know who they are yet. I'm confident that Ewing will be top tier this time next year, for one.

Yeah I like what I've read from him, so I'm pretty confident in his stuff. But even then, does he need to be on three different Marvel ongoings? Would be nice to see more writers rather than spreading their current ones out like this.

Yeah I like what I've read from him, so I'm pretty confident in his stuff. But even then, does he need to be on three different Marvel ongoings? Would be nice to see more writers rather than spreading their current ones out like this.
Why spread it out among more new writers when you can burn out your hottest new one? :p

Rhaknar

I love this Hawkeye / Deadpool / Kate mini. Wish Clint was on Uncanny instead of New Avengers

Nudull

Banned
But...... isn't that going to generally be the case for any white guy that goes to Japan?

Seems like you're reaching on this one.

It's just that with the continuing issues of exotification, especially within Asian groups, portraying your white hero as a James Bond sex god coming to grace the foreign folk (and not, say for example, random crowds cheering him on from the streets like any other group of citizens seeing Spider-Man) is probably not the best foot forward. Just saying.

It's just that with the continuing issues of exotification, especially within Asian groups, portraying your white hero as a James Bond sex god coming to grace the foreign folk (and not, say for example, random crowds cheering him on from the streets like any other group of citizens seeing Spider-Man) is probably not the best foot forward. Just saying.

Oh no, I get it. It can certainly fall into a harem anime trope if you choose to look at it that way. But I don't think that was the intention.

Top Bottom