• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Cade

All I wanted was Villager. All of Villagers everywhere are gone. I will never buy an Amiibo, fuck Nintendo for underproducing.

PsychBat!

Banned
It is extremely disappointing that there is a lot of demand but not enough supply to meet it. I really want a damn Marth amiibo! Damn it, Nintendo!!

Ah well, I pre-ordered a Sonic amiibo.

Zombine

Banned
All I wanted was Villager. All of Villagers everywhere are gone. I will never buy an Amiibo, fuck Nintendo for underproducing.

I preordered Villager and Wii Fit Trainer at GameStop after they went away on Amazon. I track re-supplies on Amazon for people and then I post it in the Amiibo thread.

Owzers

I want a toon link amiibo i think, only one i might buy presuming i can get one at best buy when it releases for my new GCU discount.

Also Axis is terrible and i think less of Remender for it and am convincing myself not to deprive myself from Remender's other books by dropping everything he writes out of spite.

Took the trek to Ikea today to take Freezas advice of glass shelfs.

B6TDrjwIUAAF31s.jpg

B6TDznGIYAEdC_W.jpg

Ah, the detolf. The go-to for most every figure collector. I have two of those and a billy bookcase w/ glass doors for my figures. Though the detolfs have the advantage of offering more viewing options.

What you can also do for instances like the top shelf, where some of the Batman B&W statues are obscured bynthe ones in front, is to buy some plastic risers off of Amazon or the like. This will let you boost the pieces in the back row so they don't get lost in a mob.

Yep, it's a disgrace. Really wanted Rosalina too....

Animal Man omnibus in my cart right now. Just debating for other stuff.

Your collection looks great, Korupt!

I'm trying to finish some stuff right now so I can order some more stuff. I think I'm gonna get the Roger Stern Spidey omni next. I'm in the mood for some Spider-Man and I haven't read any of that.

Ah, the detolf. The go-to for most every figure collector. I have two of those and a billy bookcase w/ glass doors for my figures. Though the detolfs have the advantage of offering more viewing options.

What you can also do for instances like the top shelf, where some of the Batman B&W statues are obscured bynthe ones in front, is to buy some plastic risers off of Amazon or the like. This will let you boost the pieces in the back row so they don't get lost in a mob.

You have a link to risers?

Cade

https://twitter.com/MarkWaid/status/550790931331710978

Haha, Waid is the best.

I preordered Villager and Wii Fit Trainer at GameStop after they went away on Amazon. I track re-supplies on Amazon for people and then I post it in the Amiibo thread.

Yeah, I spent all available cash on Christmas gifts so I missed out. Hoping to catch one somewhere.

Yep, it's a disgrace. Really wanted Rosalina too....

Animal Man omnibus in my cart right now. Just debating for other stuff.

Nintendo are so dumb. I WANT to give them money, not to scalpers and resellers. Ughhhh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just read E for Extinction, which I believe is when X-Men got renamed to "New" and Grant Morrison started, and it was pretty good. So this is what happened to Genosha. Cassandra was creepy, wasn't she revealed as Charles sister? It didn't happen here so I guess she isn't actually dead (well who is really in comics but you know what I mean)

Roster feels slim with just Cyke /Jean /Logan /Beast /Emma tho

See but my problem now is I start thinking "wait what was happening in Uncanny at the same time?" and it's a rabbit hole I'm not prepared to fall down through :(

Edit: Quietly's art is awful, I'm sorry but i hate it. I'm sure it's hip to say "nah man its great, it's different" but I just think it's ugly as shit

Messi

Nice!! Next step, risers! :)

Statue game is strong with these two.

Just read E for Extinction, which I believe is when X-Men got renamed to "New" and Grant Morrison started, and it was pretty good. So this is what happened to Genosha. Cassandra was creepy, wasn't she revealed as Charles sister? It didn't happen here so I guess she isn't actually dead (well who is really in comics but you know what I mean)

See but my problem now is I start thinking "wait what was happening in Uncanny at the same time?" and it's a rabbit hole I'm not prepared to fall down through :(

New X-Men is a pretty self-contained run, so don't worry about the other books.

Also, Joe Casey's Uncanny X-Men at the time, outside that one annual, didn't really work, especially compared to what Morrison and Milligan were doing, so you aint missing much.

Boogiepop

Psychbat is now an Amiibro! All I'm missing Is Luigi, Kirby, Peach, Yoshi and I'll have all of wave 1-2.

I'm still missing Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. Got an order in yesterday with Toys R Us for Pit and the Captain, though, so hopefully that'll stick. Fortunately Wave 3 I'm set with preorders on, though, except for Rosalina. Hoping I can manage that one to make that wave not too bad. I do have a friend who works at a Target so maybe I can work with that...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
rhaknar has taken his first step across the line in the sand folks

welcome to the thread rhaknar

New X-Men is the line in the sand? >_>

lets talk about what really matters tho... how long until Cyke starts porking Emma anyway? :3

Have you seen the Darkseid Invasion set?
You know you want it.

This looks awesome. Trying to save for the Age of Ultron sets (and a new PC), but their version of the Javelin-VII is rad. Think I'll be buying that.

The Green Arrow mini-fig is disappointing though, he really should have the beard.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Awesome OT, some great comics coming this month. Looking forward to Squirrel Girl especially. Also, it's Real Pic January, so I've changed my avatar appropriately.

The bonus stuff at the end of the Casanova hardcover is really good. The excerpts about the lettering was really interesting.

My favorite detail is 2014 Fraction's annotations at the bottom of the page, commenting on his old 2010/2007 form. He'll recommend some books, or apologize for using the word "retarded" as a synonym for "fuckin' stupid" in his younger years, or brief comments of appreciation, that kind of thing. I'm glad they put the backmatter in the Deluxe Editions, because his honesty about his own life and experiences reflect back on the work and make me appreciate it more. Some of those passages are just...fuck

Its easily his most personal work, and I think when its all wrapped up in 2025 or whatever, people will look back and say it was his best

Rhaknar

This New X-men issue where Jean and Emma go in Cassandra / Xavier mind and there's no writing aat all was awesome. Even Quietly's art was great, it fit with the surrealness of the environment in there.

I'm digging this

Edit: Quietly's art is awful, I'm sorry but i hate it. I'm sure it's hip to say "nah man its great, it's different" but I just think it's ugly as shit

Quitely's work in New X-Men is probably the worst stuff I've seen him do. That run has so much rushed art it makes me cry. Poor Kordey.

When he has time, Quitely makes phenomenal sequential artwork. He works on a level few artists have ever gotten to or even dare. He just also happens to be slow and some people are really turned off by his style. Which is fine but he really is a master of the medium.

I could go on and on about his work, but you'll form your own opinion based on your exposure to his work.

Sweet Jesus. That's incredible man. Great job.

Just out of curiosity where do you guys keep all your single issues? Lol I get that the white boxes look hideous and kinda put a dent in the image with all these other amazing shelves and HC's and stuff but still.

Tizoc

Wanted to buy Aztek but found out it was partly written by Millar. Don't want to read about somebody getting raped by a chalupa.

Just bloody read it already, jeez.
This New X-men issue where Jean and Emma go in Cassandra / Xavier mind and there's no writing aat all was awesome. Even Quietly's art was great, it fit with the surrealness of the environment in there.

I'm digging this

Quitely's art is like it or hate it, I personally have always liked it. Also a small cast helps with characters getting more focus this way.

Have you seen Xorn yet? What do you think of his character?

Just finished Earth One Teen Titans; I'm interested to see where it goes. Lemire and the Dodsons are a great combination, and I was happy to pick it up for them. As a mainly Marvel reader I had to do a tiny bit of research on a few if the things referenced, but all in all it was a fun read! I liked the team lineup and after reading an interview with Lemire I can appreciate the rationale for the lineup.

I am stupidly excited for the Earth One Wonder Woman whenever it gets released.

Owzers

Sweet Jesus. That's incredible man. Great job.

Just out of curiosity where do you guys keep all your single issues? Lol I get that the white boxes look hideous and kinda put a dent in the image with all these other amazing shelves and HC's and stuff but still.

Ebay or the closet in a couple short boxes. I don't keep many single issues, if i like the book enough it belongs on a shelf, if i don't then i don't care about keeping the floppies either.

Squirrel Girl art is going to be the next big battle isn't it? It feels like we're headed to Pulido level debates

"why does she look like a pig ayy lmao"

"wow we get one fuckin' book where the main woman isn't drawn like a supermodel and comic nerds whine fuck this industry"

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

Loving it. Everything from her "secret apartment" (get it? because squirrels nest in peoples' attics!) to her ability to hide her tail. This book is off to a great start.

Squirrel Girl art is going to be the next big battle isn't it? It feels like we're headed to Pulido level debates
I made a thread in Off-Topic when the book was announced and it already got some "blegh, that art" remarks.

Top Bottom