• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

rac

Banned
If I wanted to read current batman and superman should I start with rebirth #1?

Should I read All Star batman or Detective Comics?

Is it worth it?

Messi

Is it worth it?

All of them are worth it (batman rebirth is alright) but they are all independent. Go for all.

TheFlow

Banned

Is it worth it?

regular batman is meh, but everything else is worth picking up. including all star.

mreddie

Why is there a batman book and an all star batman book?

EVERYTHING IS BATMAN

raw

TheFlow

Banned
nvm everybody the comixology dc sale ended yesterday, my bad

guess i'll just wait for the trades :(

yea it sucks the sale ends days before everything else. Especially considering how pricey the young animal, hannah barbara, and vertigo titles are.

TheFlow

Banned
I see Flow got all the hateful coffee snobs riled up over in the OT. LOL

lol! Remember the soft or hard taco thread and the medium rare steak thread I made? now that was way worse.

I honestly had no idea those machines were so hated on GAF. I like it. coffee isn't the best though for sure. but it get the job done.

rac

Banned
yea it sucks the sale ends days before everything else. Especially considering how pricey the young animal, hannah barbara, and vertigo titles are.

I pulled the trigger on future quest and flintstones before batman and superman.

I wish I at least got detective comics.

edit: fuck the 29th is such a weird date to end a sale

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
lol! Remember the soft or hard taco thread and the medium rare steak thread I made? now that was way worse.

I honestly had no idea those machines were so hated on GAF. I like it. coffee isn't the best though for sure. but it get the job done.

I don't drink coffee but my friends all love their machines.

I pulled the trigger on future quest and flintstones before batman and superman.

Probably will be a Batman &'Tec sale the week before Batwoman launches.

TheFlow

Banned

Yea who fucking ends a sale on Thursday.

Also I am sooo happy you got Future Quest. DC has really won me over with that title.

I don't drink coffee but my friends all love their machines.
better than instant coffee for sure.

rac

Banned
Yea who fucking ends a sale on Thursday.

Also I am sooo happy you got Future Quest. DC has really won me over with that title.

better than instant coffee for sure.

Still haven't read any of it yet but thats only because I bought so many trades this month.

I gotta thank everyone here for posting the Top 10s and recommendations in off topic.

edit: pretty sure Imma read omega men next

TheFlow

Banned
Still haven't read any of it yet but thats only because I bought so many trades this month.

I gotta thank everyone here for posting the Top 10s and recommendations in off topic.

edit: pretty sure Imma read omega men next

Omega men is no joke. that is a hard M for mature.

TheFlow

Banned
Snotgirl #5

um wtf. am I missing something. how do you not address anything that happened in #4 then give us a giant cliffhanger for this issue. legit upset about the way this book is going.

At least moon knight had a great pay off, but after the first arc of Snotgirl I have lot of questions with little answers.

Messi

Supergirl: Being Super was really good and Jones's art is great. Wish the main Supergirl book looked that good

I definitely can't find it. That and the new GI Joe book

She's not sexy enough imo. Should have had an artist who knows how to draw a woman.

Wanderer5

Came around to Comixology today and picked up:

Vision Vol 1
Dark Night: A True Batman Story
Paper Girls Vol 1&2

Feels like a pretty good haul.

After just getting back from Rogue 1 and having enjoyed that i feel like reading a Star Wars comic now...

What's the consensus on which of the new SW Marvel ones are worth getting into atm?

I know there's a regular SW one and a Vader one right?

After just getting back from Rogue 1 and having enjoyed that i feel like reading a Star Wars comic now...

What's the consensus on which of the new SW Marvel ones are worth getting into atm?

Both are pretty worth it but Vader just finished.

Vader and Lando are my favourites. Star Wars is good as well. If you enjoy Vader, one of the characters has got her own series now which has started strongly too.

Owzers

I think Vader was better than the reg Star Wars, maybe even worth getting but i still thought it was more serviceable than good, much like the Buffy season comics.

Hagi

Lando is really good but I'd cop Vader as that's the best of the books not called Kanan. Really looking forward to the Han Solo trade that's out next week.

shingi70

Banned
Batgirl #6 - That was probably the best issue of the series and the one that most feels like the previous run. I like it when Ivy shows up and is not just looked at as your stereotypical villian. Really excited for back to Burnside arc.

Batman #12 - Not sure if like the take on Bruce and Selina being Sucidal and only doing this until they finally bite the dust. It puts their other relationships in very questionable states. Janin killed it on art, and June zchunge complents it nicley using very dark and dull blacks and Greys but contrasting them with very Harsh but poppy natural colors.

Batman #12 - Not sure if like the take on Bruce and Selina being Sucidal and only doing this until they finally bite the dust. It puts their other relationships in very questionable states. Janin killed it on art, and June zchunge complents it nicley using very dark and dull blacks and Greys but contrasting them with very Harsh but poppy natural colors.
I finished #13 yesterday and I'm still not really sure what to think of this arc. Maybe I'll do a reread.

Top Bottom