• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Read Only Memories: NEURODIVER launches May 16 (Physical edition available via Serenity Forge)

Via Gematsu

Retro cyberpunk mystery adventure game Read Only Memories: NEURODIVER will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store Store on May 16 for $14.99 / £12.79 / €14.79, publisher Chorus Worldwide and developer MidBoss announced.

Physical $44.99 standard and $99.99 collector’s editions will also be available for PlayStation 5 and Switch at retail via Serenity Forge. Pre-orders are available now.​

ABOUT THIS GAME​

You Are A Psychic Agent​

neurodiver_flash_616px.gif

Take on the role of ES88, a young esper employed by MINERVA, a powerful organization specializing in information science, neurotechnology, and extrasensory phenomena. She has been tasked with tracking down Golden Butterfly, a mysterious psychic entity hiding in and fragmenting the memories of Neo-San Francisco's citizens. Who are they? Why are they doing this? And how will you stop them?​

The Neurodiver​

neurodiver_gif3_616px.gif

The Neurodiver is a bioengineered psychic creature made to assist in boosting an esper's natural abilities. With its help, you'll be able to collect clues and thoughts in your subject's memories in an effort to piece together distorted fragments inside them, pushing Golden Butterfly out!​

New and Old​

Characters-616px.gif

Read Only Memories: NEURODIVER is a return to the vibrant sci-fi world of Neo-San Francisco from 2064: Read Only Memories with a whole new story, and a whole new cast of characters. It's an adventure that newcomers can easily dive into, but those familiar with the original game might notice a lot of familiar faces making a comeback!​

An Fm Sound Sensation!​

NEURODIVER's soundtrack is inspired by the OPNA/YM2608 sounds of the PC-8801 and PC-9801 series of computers, brought to you by Scarlet Moon composer and sound designer, Ken "coda" Snyder (Tree of Knowledge)!
If you love the sharp and glossy tones generated by late 80s and early 90s FM chips found in a variety of old computers, sound cards, arcades and consoles, then you'll be right at home here. Long live the power of FM sound! 🎹

FEATURES​

The Sequel to 2064: Read Only Memories

• The long-awaited sequel to 2064: Read Only Memories takes you back to Neo-San Francisco in an all-new "psy-fi" adventure. Meet new inhabitants and reconnect with old favorites from the world of Read Only Memories.​

A Mystery in Memories

• Take on the the role of newly-qualified ESPer, ES88, to track down the mysterious Golden Butterfly. Work with the Neurodiver, ES88's psychic sidekick, to dive into people's minds and repair their wrecked recollections.​

Anime-inspired Pixel Art

• Immerse yourself in the beautiful pixel art world that takes you around Neo-SF, the halls of the secretive Minerva agency, and within the depths of people's memories.​

A Cast to Remember

• Beautifully drawn and animated characters are brought to life with superb voice-acting. New heroes and villains are joined by old favorites Lexi Rivers, Turing, and TOMCAT from 2064: Read Only Memories.​

Retro Fm Synth Music

• Indulge your senses in the sharp and glossy retro tones of Neo-SF's FM synth soundscape as you dive deep into people's minds to track down the cunning Golden Butterfly.​

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
The original was one of the most heavy handed games I had ever played. Unless they completely removed their writing staff and got people who care to write a good story and not lecture the player, I can’t say I have any hopes for this one.

Which is a shame as it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

The original was one of the most heavy handed games I had ever played. Unless they completely removed their writing staff and got people who care to write a good story and not lecture the player, I can’t say I have any hopes for this one.

Yeah, i had a few suspicions when i took a look at the company behind them and the previous game. Great art, but a VN with bad writing is a bad VN.

I'll keep praying for N1RV Ann-A to release some day.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Yeah, i had a few suspicions when i took a look at the company behind them and the previous game. Great art, but a VN with bad writing is a bad VN.

I'll keep praying for N1RV Ann-A to release some day.
The first Vall Hall A was amazing. It’s what got me so excited to play 2064 as they were set in the same universe.

Turns out it was the perfect side by side comparison between a dev team that wanted to entertain and a dev team that wanted to bash you over the head with their views.

rkofan87

Gold Member

not to get political bet the developers did say if you were trump fan do not play are game we do not want you so to me that says a lot.

Last edited:

Bridges

Had the exact same experience. I'm used to having to tolerate politics getting inserted into most media but I just could not bear it in this one. Even worse was that I just found the whole thing to be a bore. Such a shame, I thought it looked very good and was super excited to play it at the time.

Top Bottom