• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I'm reading all of them. Leia was the weakest of the bunch but Lando, Star Wars and Vader are all excellent. Kanan was good too. Can't wait for Shattered Empire.

No I mean the books. I'm reading all the comics, of course.

also. WOW NINJAK

RaZuDTO.jpg

No I mean the books. I'm reading all the comics, of course.

also. WOW NINJAK

Oops. Yeah, the novels have been pretty good overall. They haven't reached the heights that some of the old EU novels reached yet but A New Dawn was good and I liked Tarkin. I've haven't read Lords of the Sith but both it and Dark Disciple have been well received. Heir to the Jedi seems to have disappointed people.

I don't understand this

A "barred I" is an I with the bars on the top and bottom and should ONLY EVER BE USED IN COMICS when someone is talking about themselves (as in "I think any editor who lets a barred I slip into a published comic needs to get off Facebook for a second and do their FUCKING job."*). With the advent of digital lettering, it's easy for a letterer to cut and paste dialogue from a script which is usually written in all caps. Most comic book lettering fonts have the "capital I" barred, because you need one for the above cited instances. This means the letterer needs to go in and lowercase all the "i"s so they don't have bars on them. If someone is, say, an artist under a tite deadline, they're just going to cut and paste the dialogue into their balloons and send it along. Happens sometimes in Criminal, as Philips also letters his own work.

It makes comics dialogue look like cheap shit, always, forever.

*Should be read as if said by Frank TJ Mackey in climactic phone scene with his assistant in the hallway in Magnolia

Oops. Yeah, the novels have been pretty good overall. They haven't reached the heights that some of the old EU novels reached yet but A New Dawn was good and I liked Tarkin. I've haven't read Lords of the Sith but both it and Dark Disciple have been well received. Heir to the Jedi seems to have disappointed people.

I read Lords of the Sith and Dark Disciple, which I enjoyed. I think the old EU started to waver in quality around the New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Force. There were some good novels sprinkled in there, but still. I think NJO just went on for too long. Looking forward to Aftermath, though. Being the first novel that chronologically takes place after ROTJ.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
i'm an OSX guy outside of work, but that looks great

Before I quit my website job I was the opposite. I've always been a massive PC guy but had to use a Mac at work and it was miserable. Haha. I can use one just fine, but I just way prefer the functionality of Windows.
Thanks though! I'm loving it so far. It's an excellent piece of hardware, and Windows 10 is fantastic so far too.

There's some more Capullo DC Direct figures on the way.

That face is hilarious. Almost avatar worthy.

I actually really dig this figure. Face and all. Haha. I think I'll probably get it when it's out.

Owzers

I actually really dig this figure. Face and all. Haha. I think I'll probably get it when it's out.

You should buy all the batman figures in capullo's line, remove their heads, put them in a bag, and just carry around a bag full of frowny faces and whenever anyone says something you don't like reach into the bag and slam down a frowny face batman on to the table and say "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THIS!"

just a thought...

You should buy all the batman figures in capullo's line, remove their heads, put them in a bag, and just carry around a bag full of frowny faces and whenever anyone says something you don't like reach into the bag and slam down a frowny face batman on to the table and say "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THIS!"

just a thought...

Sounds like an expensive route to go for a gag.

Aw man, that's Kevin Hearne's one, and I'm a HUGE fan of his Iron Druid Chronicles series.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

just a thought...

Yes. This is an excellent idea.

just a thought...

Iw3pNTI.png

Messi

Guys did you see Marvel announced a new Guardians of the Galaxy comic?

Guardians.jpg

GUARDIANS OF INFINITY #1
Written by DAN ABNETT & JASON LATOUR
Art by CARLO BARBERI & JIM CHEUNG
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
Variant Cover by CARLO BARBERI

IN THE INFINITE EXPANSE OF TIME AND SPACE IS THERE ROOM FOR MORE GUARDIANS? YOU BET THERE IS!

Defending the galaxy is a good gig, but Drax isn’t thrilled with the combat hours (not enough of them) and Rocket isn’t thrilled with the compensation (not enough of it). They’re off on an adventure to supplement both, and Groot is happy to come along. But instead of the perks they want, they’re about to get more trouble than they can handle. Good thing the Guardians 3000 are on hand to help! But what about…THE GUARDIANS 1000??!!

Also in this issue, Latour and Cheung tell a one-off story of Ben Grimm and Rocket Raccoon, stuck on a planet where culture is based on Earth-style professional wrestling…but the stakes are life and death! THIS AIN’T KAYFABE, BROTHER!

Hagi

Aw man, that's Kevin Hearne's one, and I'm a HUGE fan of his Iron Druid Chronicles series.

All the complaints I've read highlight issues with Lukes characterization and how he is written decidedly unlike Luke. I haven't read it yet myself, currently making my way through Lords of the Sith which is great.

I spent exactly £2.46 on Disney Infinity 3.0 today and managed to get the starter set, Sabine, the Inside Out playset, Sadness and some of those disks that I have no idea what they are used for. Buying things Kipp style makes you feel pretty good.

Tizoc

SF V beta got me goin

are any of the SF comics any good?

i'm an OSX guy outside of work, but that looks great

#TeamValiant

Eh not that much. They're simple and feel sorta 'fanfic-ish', though they do have their moments.

Just watch this it's a friggin' fantastic (it's region locked though so get it for your respective region)-
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXH4AOQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
And watch these too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KvRDaIpbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxXFflttyg

The newest one irritates me because it's "Guardians does Exiles". We've had Avengers Exiles (Ultron Forever), Spider-Exiles (Web Warriors) and now this. I want the real thing dammit!

It doesn't have to be all X-Men characters, but still, come on! You can even put an Inhuman on the team, Marvel.

Hagi

The Superior Foes of the Guardians of the Galaxy

It's just 18 issues of Thanos and J-Son playing video games and complaining about life.

I'd read this.

Basically give Thanos and co from Secret Wars their own space faring book. The many adventures of Thanos and Black Swan with special guest Namor.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The Superior Foes of the Guardians of the Galaxy

It's just 18 issues of Thanos and J-Son playing video games and complaining about life.

that sounds excellent

Eh not that much. They're simple and feel sorta 'fanfic-ish', though they do have their moments.

Just watch this it's a friggin' fantastic (it's region locked though so get it for your respective region)-
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXH4AOQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
And watch these too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KvRDaIpbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxXFflttyg

dope, i'll check this out

Top Bottom