• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell Block D stuff was classic, and the last couple Return of the King/Lady Bullseye/Master Ezo stuff was a lot of fun. There's some stuff in between I remember enjoying a lot, the intermission issues that focused on the supporting cast, that one issue about the Kingpin Aja drew, Daredevil #100. Shit gets dark, but its good shit.

I feel like people don't appreciate Shadowland as much as they should

and rightly so, it's shit.

It's such a shame that all that awful Shadowland shit interrupts the flow of Bendis --> Brubaker --> Waid

Whoever was asking about these runs...please just skip Diggle's crappy little run. It's horrible.

The setup Brubaker leaves for Diggle is brilliant, but lol Shadowland

Yep. He threw it away.

I was pretty hyped after #500, then lol Shadowland and Billy Tan and they literally turned my nigga into a demon. After that, the complete 180 of Waid's run was the only thing that made sense. You can't get much grim and gritty than Matt Murdock, demon warlord of ninjas.

I feel kinda bad about Diggle, cuz I like that dude a lot of stuff like The Losers and Shang-Chi, but man was a piece of shit that DD run was that everybody immediately forgot about.

Miller, Bendis, Brubaker, Waid

I'll second that. I'd even say all four runs are pretty essential, with Brubaker's run a tad lower than the other 3.
Still, the raw number of great issues the character has had over the years is pretty impressive.
Also, it was obvious but I feel obligated to mention all have great art.

That Brubaker run is a little too malicious to certain characs for my taste.
Having finished reading his Winter Soldier earlier today, I'm starting to think Brubaker is in fact a complete asshole to his characters.

Latour's part was great indeed but way too short lived. I guess a solo Winter Soldier title doesn't sell enough.

I've been reading The Bitter March and All New Invaders, they're okay but I really wish there was a current title that featured WS more prominently. In that regard, the previous Secret Avengers volume felt like a huge missed opportunity (these last 2 pages, add Fury Sr to the mix and that's a team I'd gladly follow!)

The setup Brubaker leaves for Diggle is brilliant, but lol Shadowland
Yeah, way to fuck up a decade long greatness streak. Waid's return to greatness after Diggle makes it even more obvious.

Splatt

I feel kinda bad about Diggle, cuz I like that dude a lot of stuff like The Losers and Shang-Chi, but man was a piece of shit that DD run was that everybody immediately forgot about.

Diggle's Hellblazer run was soooooooooo good.

He did the same thing for Constantine that Waid did for Daredevil. Turned him into a happy-go-cocky bastard with zero sulking.

It's a shame Milligan reverted him back to Garth Ennis version...

Orders for ASM #1 top 500k, unlettered preview art reveals potential spoiler (CBR)

ASM0114-38a7e.jpg
I won't post the spoiler page, but it appears that
the spider that bit Peter and gave him powers also bites a woman in the crowd.

ElNarez

Banned
I was gonna do some elaborate prank list but fuck it, too much effort and too little time
Action Comics #30
Detective Comics #30
Green Arrow #30
Swamp Thing #30

Pretty Deadly #5
Archer & Armstrong #19
Quantum & Woody #9

Black Widow #5
Captain America #19
Inhuman #1
Loki Agent of Asgard #3
Magneto #2
Moon Knight #2
Punisher #4
She-Hulk #3

I loved how when. ADD writer left they left Matt in a crazy situation .

Bendis threw him in jail
Brubaker made him the leader of the hand

Then shadowlands happened,

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'd even take Walt Flanagan's art over Ramos.

Why Marvel, why...
You shut your mouth about Walt Flanagan. Dude's career ain't comic art and I enjoyed his Batman art.

Onemic

Comixolog has the entire Ultimate Spiderman catalog(Ultimae spiderman/ultimate comics spirderman + miniseries) available for 99 bucks. Should I bite? I've only read the first 3 TPB volume of ultimate comics spiderman, so I would be overlapping on 18 of 199 comics.

I like his art

I genuinely like Ramos' art too. I like that Spidey has features that make him look like a bug.

Your honour, ladies and gentlemen of the NeoGAF Comics thread jury, although I am a big Ramos fan, I have no defence for that MJ image above.

Toa TAK

Banned
Comixolog has the entire Ultimate Spiderman catalog(Ultimae spiderman/ultimate comics spirderman + miniseries) available for 99 bucks. Should I bite? I've only read the first 3 TPB volume of ultimate comics spiderman, so I would be overlapping on 18 of 199 comics.
DO IT. It's got to be one of the best comic series out there right now. At least for the first 133 comic run.
I genuinely like Ramos' art too. I like that Spidey has features that make him look like a bug.

Your honour, ladies and gentlemen of the NeoGAF Comics thread jury, although I am a big Ramos fan, I have no defence for that MJ image above.

Good man.

wtf theres hardly any comics this week

Swamp Thing #30

Red Sonja #8

Pretty Deadly #5

Black Widow #5
She-Hulk #3

maybe Aquaman but I hated Jurgens JLI

I feel like people don't appreciate Shadowland as much as they should

and rightly so, it's shit.

I love Daredevil. I mean I LOVE the character. He's tied with the Punisher as my all time favorite. I'll excuse some of the worst DD comics, because of the character.

Shadowland was the worst Marvel event I've ever read. Pure crap.

I like Ramos, too. IDK, seems kinda like complaining about Frank Quitely or Jack Kirby faces in the face of(lol) all their other extraordinary artistic qualities.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like Ramos, too. IDK, seems kinda like complaining about Frank Quitely or Jack Kirby faces in the face of(lol) all their other extraordinary artistic qualities.

He's generally ok, but he does have moments where you ask yourself what he was thinking when he drew something.

Owzers

Who's still reading Avengers World? Issue #4 was alright but i'm losing interest in the book. The last two issues settled down from the fast paced jumping around between world crises, but in doing so they lost their adventurey feel and issue #4 in particular wasn't strong enough without it. Arbitrary 6/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom