• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Houston would have been in the CFP if they hadn't shat the bed against their conference opponents. Booohooo bias, wake me when an undefeated G5 team with relevant ooc games gets shafted.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This is my favorite football time commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy_myvov5C0

7DTly.gif

Houston would have been in the CFP if they hadn't shat the bed against their conference opponents. Booohooo bias, wake me when an undefeated G5 team with relevant ooc games gets shafted.

Exactly.

That OU win was so strong. But the bed was shat in a spectacular fashion.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Exactly.

That OU win was so strong. But the bed was shat in a spectacular fashion.

The Louisville win was crazy strong as well and they were coming off of a victory against FSU in the bowl game.

They had all the credibility in the world and then lost to Navy, SMU and Memphis.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Aggies.

Apparently Washington's defense is right up there with LSU's. Scary, if true. I don't know that we'll be able to move the ball offensively, but we're the same team that scored 16 points in a quarter where we netted -7 yards, so maybe I'm worried for nothing.

Hopefully Hurts has made some progress since the season ended. LSU was soft around the middle of the field and Bama just wasn't able (or willing? Kiffin?) to take advantage. It would probably be dangerous to plan on that working as well a second time since Bama will probably mix up the game plan some.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
After hiring Kendall Briles, Kiffin leaves the door open for Art Briles to have role in his program -

Though Chun said unequivocally that the elder Briles is not part of the FAU staff, Kiffin would say only that “we have a plan with that, and we’ll discuss that when we get down there.”

“My plan is not in place to please the media,” Kiffin said. “My plan is still in place to do the best thing for our players and the people that hired me.”

andycapps

Cool story about a TCU player, Caylin Moore that has been through a lot, and isn't the best football player, but has quite an inspiring story.

The below is an actual transcript for harbaughs presser today, and I'm not joking. There was also a question on how many oranges he could eat

Q. I want to get your thoughts on this because you have mentioned that the fun is in the football work and the team unity with the guys being down here with the practicing and everything, but your players are a little disappointed they haven't seen any bikinis. I'd like to get your thoughts on that.
JIM HARBAUGH: I don't have any thoughts on that.

Q. They would like to see some bikinis before they leave.
JIM HARBAUGH: I don't know about that. I don't know anything about that. I don't know what you're talking about.

Q. See the beach.
JIM HARBAUGH: I do not know what you're talking about.

Q. The beach, the bikinis.
JIM HARBAUGH: Yeah. I don't know anything about that.

Q. Not on the itinerary?
JIM HARBAUGH: Don't know what you're talking about.

The below is an actual transcript for harbaughs pressed today, and I'm not joking. There was also a question on how many oranges he could eat

Q. I want to get your thoughts on this because you have mentioned that the fun is in the football work and the team unity with the guys being down here with the practicing and everything, but your players are a little disappointed they haven't seen any bikinis. I'd like to get your thoughts on that.

JIM HARBAUGH: I don't know about that. I don't know anything about that. I don't know what you're talking about.

Q. See the beach.

Q. Not on the itinerary?

I legit think he has autism. I'm 100% convinced he and his brother are deeply autistic.

Only explanation.

https://twitter.com/b_kamerman/status/814505842687016960

Ryan Anderson on people being dumb enough to think playoff contenders will start sitting out of bowls said:
“I’m playing for a national championship. I ain’t playing in the Birmingham Biscuit Bowl, you know what I mean? Or the Louisiana Crawfish Bowl, so why would I sit out? This is what I worked all my life for. You know what I mean? This is the ultimate goal. I don’t think you ever have to worry about nobody around here doing that ... We’re playing for a championship. That’s stupid. Maybe if we was playing in the Ragin’ Cajun Bowl or something ... Not with these dudes, man.”

for the past couple of years I have a bowl bash were I have people over on new years day to watch bowl games. There are no bowl games on January 1st this year. That makes me very sad.

cdyhybrid

What kind of biscuits does Birmingham have anyway?

Also, I'm hungry so I could go for a Birmingham Biscuit Bowl right now.

HeySeuss

The below is an actual transcript for harbaughs presser today, and I'm not joking. There was also a question on how many oranges he could eat

Q. See the beach.

Q. Not on the itinerary?

What's the dude supposed to say? Yeah my guys wanted to stare at ass and titties while they were here? You know I hate all things Meatchicken but there's not a good way to answer that stupid question any other way than how he handled it. He's not going to paint his players as sexist pigs. That reporter should be ashamed of themselves for asking something so stupid.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, that's a terrible question. Can you imagine someone asking Saban that? Saban would melt the dude's eyeballs with his glare.

What's the dude supposed to say? Yeah my guys wanted to stare at ass and titties while they were here? You know I hate all things Meatchicken but there's not a good way to answer that stupid question any other way than how he handled it. He's not going to paint his players as sexist pigs. That reporter should be ashamed of themselves for asking something so stupid.

Thats more of what im pointing out, not really harbaughs responses.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

"The whole week leading up to the game, Jonathan kept saying, 'I'm going to hit Mouse really hard, and I'm going to show everyone that I'm better than him,'" Allen's brother recalled. "He went out to the game, and that's what he did. ... There's a lot of little kids that don't play football anymore because Jonathan hit them pretty hard and their parents took them off the team."

:UNC

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Arkansas senior tight end Jeremy Sprinkle’s suspension from the Belk Bowl is related to an alleged shoplifting incident, sources have confirmed to SEC Country.

Sprinkle was accused of attempting to shoplift items at the Belk department store at the SouthPark Mall in Charlotte on Tuesday, sources said. The Arkansas team was there as part of a function for the bowl.

Each player on both teams had 90 minutes to spend a $450 gift card at Belk on anything in the store. The players also each received a Fossil watch. Sources said Sprinkle attempted to take items worth more than the allotted cost available.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-jeremy-sprinkle-suspended-alleged-shoplifting-attempt

It Just means more

cdyhybrid

Walter Jones is on the radio here and he said the answer he would give people when they asked how Florida State got him out of Alabama's turf was:

"The check was bigger" :jnc

tebunker

Banned

Honestly was worried Alabama would lose him to VT because of the engineering and technical aspects of the school. Thank god Beamer had pretty much lost the state by that point.

Also helps that Allen was in for Alabama around 10 years old, which is really weird because that was Shula Alabama at that time. That dude had to beg people to come play.

I'd forgotten how bad they were without Spurrier.

I like their freshman QB tho.

Wish Chuck the best at USF, he never really had a chance to make it work at Texas, hopefully the AD and boosters realize how bad they fucked up (lol) and give Herman more leg room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom