• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I can't fault the defense too much. There were some missed tackles but for the most part they played great until they got gassed in the 4th quarter - because of the offense couldn't produce so the defense was stuck on the field. Clemson had a 10 minute advantage in time of possession and ran a ton of plays.

And lose again. Will never forget that phantom pass interference call they got against Canes.

Will be happy everytime they lose forever. Hope the ref bought a new car with the cash that night. Fraud program.

Jesus really? Why do people blame a team for something they are angry over a ref for. That shit confuses me.

LionPride

Banned
Cause he's better.

All the QB in this draft are projects at best, though. Awful draft for them.
No he isn't. I don't like any of the QBs, but I'd rather have Watson than Mitch, Kayaa, Kelly, or Kizer

I may have drank too much of the Awful White QB kool aid

Specifically in regards to Mitch

Ohio State got shut out and then Bama loses? What is this magic? Now we need the evil vanquished from the NFL playoffs this weekend. All aboard the "anyone but the Cowboys or Patriots" train!

squicken

Terrible officiating by most standards, but that was definitely a step up for the Defee crew. Y'all should watch more Big 12 games if you thought that was really bad.

For college they aren't anything especially terrible. He isn't in charge of the replay system, which was probably the biggest issue with the game. Picks and defensive holding are just the way it goes in football now. Some crews call it and some don't

Someone needs to ask Saban what the coverage was on that goal to go td.

You have to banjo the CBs, first cut inside is taken by cb2, have to avoid that pick play. What the fuck do I know though, just interested in hearing what he has to say about it. If anyone gets an answer pm me.

Good shit by Clemson. For Bama to ride the way they did with the QB they had, pretty insane all things considered.

This. You think theyd make that adjustment after they got scored in the same fashion earlier by Williams.

jfkgoblue

Ohio State got shut out and then Bama loses? What is this magic? Now we need the evil vanquished from the NFL playoffs this weekend. All aboard the "anyone but the Cowboys or Patriots" train!
Falcons-Chiefs Super Bowl please fuck the other 7 teams(except Houston, but we know they are gonna get pounded by NE)

EDIT: actually fuck the Falcons, I know an extremely obnoxious Atlanta fan. But ugh at the rest of the NFC teams

No he isn't. I don't like any of the QBs, but I'd rather have Watson than Mitch, Kayaa, Kelly, or Kizer

Ah understandable point.

I'd rather have none of them, Watson to me just looks like EJ again. Big, strong, good arm but piss poor footwork and accuracy.

I'd take him as a project over those guys though. Better chance he becomes something than any of them. Specially Kaaya.

Swag Kelly won't even get drafted.

Gamecock fan here. I'll never like Dabo, but I guess I'm happy for Clemson and all my friends who went there to have this victory. Especially that walk-on, that's pretty freaking cool.

cdyhybrid

Specifically in regards to Mitch

All the QBs in this draft look like projects at best, like was said earlier. Teams still gonna reach in the first though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a mid-round guy turn into a solid starter like Dak though.

Oregon was definitely playing 2016 Oregon football against the Huskies :(

Apparently you guys are going to money-hat Wazzu's DL coach to go with your new DC.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ummm... ok.. and you know this??? How?

Tua was probably the #1 recruited QB coming out of High School and I've followed him somewhat. I thought he was going to go to a PAC 12 school like Oregon and was really surprised when he committed to Alabama.

Hurts is a pretty mediocre QB, Tua has the potential to have a Marcus Mariotta-esque season. Similar skill set and play style along with just sheer talent.

I highly doubt Tua would've commited to Alabama if he didn't think he was going to start. And on top of that, like I said, Hurts is pretty mediocre.

Tua was probably the #1 recruited QB coming out of High School and I've followed him somewhat. I thought he was going to go to a PAC 12 school like Oregon and was really surprised when he committed to Alabama.

Hurts is a pretty mediocre QB, Tua has the potential to have a Marcus Mariotta-esque season. Similar skill set and play style along with just sheer talent.

I highly doubt Tua would've commited to Alabama if he didn't think he was going to start. And on top of that, like I said, Hurts is pretty mediocre.
Hurts broke the single season record for TD's by a Bama quarterback.

jfkgoblue

One of the biggest allegedly. I went in hoping for them to lose but as I watched I had a Scrooge moment and was OK with them getting the win. As long as it's downhill next year!
They lose Deshaun so... yeah it will definitely be a drop off

I enjoyed OSU getting beat down this year, MSU last year and ND in 2012 though.

Lmfao what the hell am I even reading?

How many of their WRs are eligible for the draft? Because I wouldn't be surprised to see all four go.

I thought I heard Williams is out too.

On our end we had the youngest team in FBS so it should only get better. Especially if we could fire a certain OC...

LionPride

Banned
Ah understandable point.

I'd rather have none of them, Watson to me just looks like EJ again. Big, strong, good arm but piss poor footwork and accuracy.

I'd take him as a project over those guys though. Better chance he becomes something than any of them. Specially Kaaya.

Swag Kelly won't even get drafted.
Holy jesus Watson's accuracy is terrible but he can be developed into something good. EJ is just...tragic.

All the QBs in this draft look like projects at best, like was said earlier. Teams still gonna reach in the first though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a mid-round guy turn into a solid starter like Dak though.

Apparently you guys are going to money-hat Wazzu's DL coach to go with your new DC.
Who? None of the QBs look good. Not even Watson. I just want him drafted above Tribusky because I watched him play all year basically....NOPE

Gobias

Banned

Maybe one day Michigan will be able to experience their own beatdown in a game that matters. Everyone deserves to see it at least once

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hurts broke the single season record for TD's by a Bama quarterback.

Total TDs or passing TDs? Not much of a feat at Alabama, and Tua will demolish that record if it's Total TDs. Hurts is a mediocre QB who rode a great offensive line and great defense.

Tua has the potential to be a Top 5 NFL draft pick,like Marcus Mariotta, when it's all said and done.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Re: Bama defense

They were on the field nearly 20 minutes of the second half. Clemson's offense had the ball for 18:29, for 53 plays across 9 drives.

No wonder they were tired by the end. Offense let them down in a big way.

And lol at the Hurts hate. Tua won't start because he won't be as ready as Hurts was. Hurts was basically a perfect combination of traits to get the starting job for Saban as a true freshmen. It's unlikely Tua will get serious consideration for next season.

Bigger lol at "great offensive line," this line struggled most of the year and didn't even have the starters settled until over halfway into the season.

Sotha_Sil

Damn, Dabo has beaten every active coach with a national championship in the last two years: Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, Jimbo Fisher, and Nick Saban. Three of them this year.

jfkgoblue

Total TDs or passing TDs? Not much of a feat at Alabama, and Tua will demolish that record if it's Total TDs. Hurts is a mediocre QB who rode a great offensive line and great defense.

Tua has the potential to be a Top 5 NFL draft pick,like Marcus Mariotta, when it's all said and done.
Projecting recruits especially QBs is really difficult.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Was lurking the thread at work while watching the game. Now I'm home and can celebrate.

Fuck yes. Get rekt, Saban.

my cousin called me a blood traitor lol

WTF am I even reading right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom