• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger composer Yasunori Mitsuda to contribute music to Sea of Stars

Mista

Banned
57a4e1106b549beee22387745b39aab6_original.png

Yasunori Mitsuda will contribute to the music of turn-based RPG Sea of Stars, developer Sabotage Studio announced.

Mitsuda is best known for his work on titles such as Chrono Trigger, Xenogears,a nd Shadow Hearts. He will join Sea of Stars composer Eric W. Brown in developing original music for the game.

Mitsuda:
Without knowing exactly why, ‘I want to write music for this game’ was the feeling I had while seeing it convey the nostalgic golden age of the 90s. Although there are still many games being released with this classic style, I don’t think players are satisfied with just nostalgia. As seen in their previous game, by adding new systems and ideas to classic formulas, Sabotage Studio breathes fresh, new air into their work. Impressed by the respect they show for past games while at the same time giving players new ways to have fun, I found myself wanting to make a game with everyone at Sabotage Studio. Please look forward to an exciting adventure.
Gematsu

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Man this game looks really good but I have no interest in the messenger. It's supposedly a prequel right?

Fbh

This game is looking better and better. You can't go wrong with Mitsuda

Any notable works from him apart from Chrono Series? I really love these soundtracks (Cross OST is just unbelievable)

Cross is still my favorite.
Also love his work on Kid Icarus though I think he only made 3 tracks for it:

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Wow, never heard of this game! Visually it already looks REALLY good, wtf?!?

Keeping an eye out for this for sure!

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

Suddenly got more interested in this. Mitsuda is one of my favourite composers ever

Any notable works from him apart from Chrono Series? I really love these soundtracks (Cross OST is just unbelievable)

Xenogears ost is great. If you want an arranged version check the album Creid.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Didn't like The Messenger because of the design choices in the second half, but this looks really, really good. I wanna give them the benefit of the doubt, and Mitsuda definitely doesn't hurt.

Incidentally, the soundtrack was what I disliked most about The Messenger.

Top Bottom