• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chromecast>Samsung TV: Randomly getting "check device power" after booting up both

Stafford

So I have my Chromecast connected to my S95B TV via HDMI and the USB C goes into the adapter and the adapter in a power socket. At first it worked fine but now randomly after I power on the Chromecast (which turns my TV on as well) I get this message.

"Check device power. Turn on the device. If the power is not turned on, check the cable connection or select the connection guide button to learn how to connect. Or press the source button below to select a connected source."

The only way to make it work again is either by taking out the HDMI cable and back in, or by pulling the adapter out or the USB cable from the adapter and back in. Or by powering off the CC, but that means the TV powers off as well and I don't like to power my TV off so much, so I disabled that setting for now.

What is causing this? It's entirely possible that I won't get this shit for a few days until it happens again.

Top Bottom