• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China flies nuclear bomber over South China Sea to 'send message' to Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOONAMI

Meanwhile, what our B-1 bombers are up to:

We just moved bombers to Guam as part of the continuous bomber presence, and flew them quite near china as a show of force in reaction to NKs nuke testing, first time in a decade we've had b1 bombers in the pacific. Pretty sure that's a bigger show of force to china than a single Chinese bomber flying in the South China Sea. I know this isn't trumps doing, but I think it shows that the news reporting on this is pretty much hyperbole from Fox News, as it even says china has recently conducted similar flights. The US also has a strong presence in the region and does fly nuclear capable bombers around the region. There are also B2 bombers in Guam, both the b1 and b2 are cleared to used nuclear ordinance but official the b1 is no longer the nuclear bomber as the b2 took over that duty officially, but you'd think a b1 could be loaded with nukes if needed as it was once capable.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/politics/us-air-force-bombers-korea/

The bombers are from the 34th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron, which dropped more than 2,000 "smart bombs" during more than 630 missions over Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan from January to July of 2015, officials at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam said in August.
Those missions covered more than 7,000 hours of flight time.

Dumb ass man about to kill the world, it was nice knowing ya, just hope when China drops the nuke I am in the blast radius that vaporize me, don't feel a damn thing, just a flash and boom dead..

GuyKazama

China threatens nuclear war because of one phone call? I don't support Trump at all but what exactly is this doing in China's favor? What an overreaction.

China makes a big deal about everything. It is a great negotiating tactic.

EDIT: The reactions on here is a demonstration of its effectiveness. Not sure people realize the power of the US, but this is all politics and diplomacy -- just there is more public awareness than usual, due to the current media environment.

Ethranes

This is the issue with fake news, people go nuts talking over each other, responding to each other and not stopping to think about what it is that they're actually talking about.

Didn't the states show off a nuclear submarine in Guam recently to show their taking it serious?

This seems to be on going sabre rattling that would of gone on with ir without Trump imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom