• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Channel4] Jordan Peterson debate on the gender pay gap, campus protests and postmodernism

Knob Creek

Banned
Peterson is not a facts/statistics guy, to me, his value resides on the motivational speaker front and conservative philosopher. He's not pointed, he's eloquent.

Then he said this in his fox interview:

And I'm wondering, who is he really for? It ain't me. He has a view, but the truth is far from it.

He's actually not eloquent at all. Have you heard him speak? Frequent ums and repeating words, getting lost in thought, saying the same thing 5 times, switching subjects and topics so often that by the time he gets finished with his point he's made 15 others and none of it makes much sense. It's actually fascinating how dumb the leading "intellectual" comes off when speaking for more than 30 seconds. It's almost as if he's more worried about a scattershot approach to making sure he hits every possible idea that someone might follow him for every single time he speaks as opposed to wringing everything out of one subject at a time like an eloquent person normally does.

SKM1

Peterson is not a facts/statistics guy, to me, his value resides on the motivational speaker front and conservative philosopher. He's not pointed, he's eloquent.

Then he said this in his fox interview:

And I'm wondering, who is he really for? It ain't me. He has a view, but the truth is far from it.

Proof? Any examples? That's a very bold claim, since his h-index is 50. So...
As for the second part of your post... Yes, that's indoctrination. It's very obvious. The same tactics have been used by the government of Venzeual (where I'm from) and you can see the results.

Malakhov

Banned
Peterson can communicate very well what I've been feeling the last few years. He's an excellent speaker and very, very intelligent fellow. Time flies by when I listen to him

Last edited:
Proof? Any examples? That's a very bold claim, since his h-index is 50. So...

Back in the days....
As for the second part of your post... Yes, that's indoctrination. It's very obvious. The same tactics have been used by the government of Venzeual (where I'm from) and you can see the results.

You just don't like them.

But are you down with marxist and identity politics = re-education camps/gulags/camels nose for communism, cultural marxism conspiratorialy taking over the media, neo-marxists owning HR, what about postmodernism and sjw maoist pejoratives? He has a cult following, and the same enemies of the alt-right are his despite not being one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peterson isn’t saying anything new. He is just someone who somehow managed to cut through some of the BS coming from ‘the left’. People in recent years have been starved of rational discourse and debate, and so to many he sounds like the messiah. Where really his views are what would have been considered standard as little as 20 years ago.

This is all caused by normalising far left ideology and making it appear like it’s actually the common centre ground, or centre left at most.

Top Bottom