• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"CD Projekt Red Dev Defends Crunch, Suggests People Have An “Ideological Narrative” Against Them"

Lanrutcon

I crunch almost every week in college to meet deadlines. Please cry for me

Oh God. College. Yeah, man that must be rough. You have all our sympathy. College. Man, can't imagine a worst time in someone's life. It's only going uphill from there, my friend. Those dark times will soon be behind you.

Best time of your life, bro. Well., normally. I don't know your situation.

Last edited:
jesus christ, the thread over there, at the asylum, on this - its beyond insane. How are those unhinged, demented clowns function in society ? Is this proof that society as a construct has succeded ? By all acounts, they should be dead by now because they forgot to breathe or something like that. Yet, here they are, posting and forming the butt of the entire internet's jokes

Oh God. College. Yeah, man that must be rough. You have all our sympathy. College. Man, can't imagine a worst time in someone's life. It's only going uphill from there, my friend. Those dark times will soon be behind you.

Best time of your life, bro. Well., normally. I don't know your situation.
It was a sarcastic post but this narrative bothers me. So many other professions require employees to meet deadlines by working overtime. The film industry also dose this all the time to meet shoot deadlines often working 12 hours a day for a shoot but for some reason we only care when game developers are being overworked.

Don't even get me started on registered nurses, or people who work in the oil industry where 12 hour work days are very common.

I wouldn't support months of developer crunch but this outrage for CDPR is quite ridiculous considering all the delays the game has had and they are in the final month stretch.

Last edited:
You are a sane human.
801163.jpg

MarlboroRed

Its almost as if they are working in a performance driven industry. You live and die with the product you produce.

Would I advocate for extended periods of crunch due to outrageous deadlines put up by suits? No.

But you need to be ready to commit if you wish to make something special in any creative industry.

Papacheeks

Banned
Its almost as if they are working in a performance driven industry. You live and die with the product you produce.

Would I advocate for extended periods of crunch due to outrageous deadlines put up by suits? No.

But you need to be ready to commit if you wish to make something special in any creative industry.

You should also get compensated and paid if the the whole company is profiting from insane numbers. Something that isn't shared is the wealth to the developers who sacrifice a shit ton to make the content we consume.

How much do you think an average programmer or animator makes on a game? They get their base salary, a investment package, and sometimes good stock options. But a lot of them dont see a cent of any bonus money nor do some of them get paid for overtime during a crunch period like going gold/beta.

John2290

It's true. Games media and that one, certain website that looks awfully like this one right to the checkmarks on Twitter are fucking batshit crazy. They should all be ignored and let them die off like a dinosaurs they are.

Lanrutcon

The film industry also dose this all the time to meet shoot deadlines often working 12 hours a day for a shoot but for some reason we only care when game developers are being overworked.

You're right. From now on, I care about all overworked individuals from all industries in order to validate my right to care about game developers being overworked. I will use this newfound power responsibly: please create a thread about the mandatory overtime in the film industry and I shall participate.

Damn you, <insert studio here>!

I must disappoint you. We work from 8-4 (on point) and are a very, very successful company. I know that many of our competitors do crunch, but we are still ahead of them. If a company is well structured, well balanced, there is simply no need to crunch. Punctuality, order and diligence is paramount for success, not crunch.

Can you specify your company or the products you’ve released? Genuinely curious to see if they can be compared in any way shape or form to the type of product we’re discussing.

Scotty W

Anyone ever work picking apples? Hardest job I ever had. Every moment is crunch. It is likely the same with all food production everywhere.

The people criticizing crunch have obviously never worked in the real world. Crunch is the reality of pretty much every industry. I live through it multiple times a year every year. I don’t even have it that bad. Investment bankers that work on deals are machines. They regularly do 100+ hours a week. That’s why they get the big bucks.

BeardGawd

Banned
Are they getting to do this OT from home? Are they getting paid extra? Do we know what the culture is like before crunch? If it's relatively lax and laid back then sometimes this is necessary to get people in gear. They already delayed a few times.

oagboghi2

Mandatory crunch is not something you want in a software environment. It sets a precident where it becomes part of the culture and when that happens more is asked for no compensation. And thats what has been happening in the industry for some time now, and is what mainly Jason and few others are trying to shed light on.

There is going to be some form of crunch towards the end or post launch to get things fixed. But that 100% should not be expected and should be compensated for those who choose to crunch.

In a perfect world we want everyone to have a great work/life ratio with getting paid well for the work they do if they are experienced and worth their salary As long as people are being treated well, compensated, and crunch is something that is optional I think thats the best way.

I mean if they can complete a game with very little to no crunch except at the end to go gold, then thats a great place to be. But not everything comes together like that, not every team is a dream team, no every engine goes smoothly, and game code is super delicate.

Something Jason doesn't touch on.
The game has been in development for 7 years, and for six weeks they have to work Saturdays, paid Saturdays, leading into launch.

What, exactly are you upset about? According to your own standard, this is fine.

You're right. From now on, I care about all overworked individuals from all industries in order to validate my right to care about game developers being overworked. I will use this newfound power responsibly: please create a thread about the mandatory overtime in the film industry and I shall participate.

Damn you, <insert studio here>!

You joke, but you would have more credibility if you showed any prior interest about this issue in different industries.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
The game has been in development for 7 years, and for six weeks they have to work Saturdays, paid Saturdays, leading into launch.

What, exactly are you upset about? According to your own standard, this is fine.

You joke, but you would have more credibility if you showed any prior interest about this issue in different industries.

Dude you have no fucking clue to the ignore list you go.

Up till recent past year or so they had been crunching. Jason among other reporters brought some shit to light a while back on CD PJ RED. And it could have been that Jason talked to contract people. but from what I've heard thats not the case. CD PRJ did some PR run around, and changed some things behind the scenes when word got out about possible "bad practices".

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Dude you have no fucking clue to the ignore list you go.

Up till recent past year or so they had been crunching. Jason among other reporters brought some shit to light a while back on CD PJ RED. And it could have been that Jason talked to contract people. but from what I've heard thats not the case. CD PRJ did some PR run around, and changed some things behind the scenes when word got out about possible "bad practices".
Wrong, Jason claimed , with little proof, that they crunched for major events like demo releases or E3. Now, it just came out that they crunching until November. Totally normal for a company to crunch to hit goals. They did exactly what you said you were okay. You compared them to EA spouse earlier in the thread. How the fuck is this equivalent to that?

It wasn't month, year whatever long crunch periods as their critics are implying.

So I ask again, what the fuck do you want? They can't work overtime to hit a goal anymore? Okay 🙄

luffie

I've read all his shit. I'm well aware of the 'sources'. Go smoke his pipe some more.
Oh great, even with all these facts you still came up with that delusion? Cdpr can't even blame Jason for that article. Guess you must love sucking on your own pipe.

Thread.

I could care less what anyone things of this Jason person, but no one fucking put a gun to CDPR head and made them make these statements.

and

and then...

https://www.techspot.com/news/86938-cdpr-devs-forced-work-crunch-hours-cyberpunk-2077.html

So I don't know what to tell folks regarding this other then that this Jason person isn't forcing anyone to lie like this. They made a statement, then proceeded to do something else entirely. Its why I'm not even arguing about the concept of crunch, that really isn't the issue tbh.

The issue is CDPR should have never been saying shit like

“We’re known—let me be humble for a moment here—we are known for treating gamers with respect,” said Marcin Iwiński, the company’s co-founder, in an interview with Kotaku this week. “This is what we’ve been working hard toward. And I actually would [like] for us to also be known for treating developers with respect.”

One of the ways the company plans to do that, Iwiński said, is through a “non-obligatory crunch policy”

I think they want the attention and "good PR" for saying this shit without actually TRUELY doing it. So I agree with most on here that crunch is pretty fucking normal in gaming, but shit.....MAYBE THATS WHAT CDPR SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAYING FROM THE JUMP! They should have just stated with their interview with Jason "Hey is unavoidable, it happens, look at Rockstar and Naught Dog, thats why we are giving 10% of profit for all our staff" etc. If they did this, stfu until release, you wouldn't be having a tread on this and them on defense mode or something. Maybe stop fucking lying. This team has several damn threads on here about reversals, removed features, 180's and time to admit and we confess etc

This has become so normal for this team, I don't believe much of what they say. They have a very bad habit of saying one thing and doing something else. I simply wait a few weeks or months until it can actually be confirmed.
Cdpr is not a malevolent entity that is trying to squeeze every bit of life from developers, and there are a lot of factors involved that pushes them to this unfavorable decision.
But even the director understands the pressure involved with the crunch and APOLOGIZED for it.......way back in June.

Wasn't the recent message by the head mentions how he will be responsible for the all the backlash? Yeah, because he knew what his team went thru too. The source that reported to Jason wasn't just from one guy.

Again I'm not saying that cdpr is intentionally evil or that any overtime is definitely bad blah2. In the end, cdpr promises TO JASON something they cannot deliver, and thus got reported for it. Then many other media blew it out of proportion.

But people like always, become job experts and comes up with idiotic false equivalents like "look other industry have worse crunch so people should just shut up and take it" nonsense.

Siri

Banned
I salute your sacrifice, good sir. May your blood honor your ancestors! :messenger_grinning_sweat: Seriously, whoever posted this raise their hand!

NU3PqUS.jpg

To anyone participating in this thread... even if you believe that the criticisms you’re seeing here are unfounded... you need to be thankful you’re visiting a forum in which debate is allowed.

Your opinions aren’t automatically right because you believe them to be right - you have to be prepared to debate your point.

At ResetEra this very basic concept is completely lost on the quite frankly moronic idiots who run that place. Is that even real? Fuuuuuuck.

Self

Can you specify your company or the products you’ve released? Genuinely curious to see if they can be compared in any way shape or form to the type of product we’re discussing.
Sure. I work at DHL Delivery in Germany. My division is responsible for the logistics at several distribution centers in south Germany. To make it clear (once again) we use crunch as well, but it's voluntary. UPS, DPD, GLS, Hermes (our competitors) use mandatory crunch.

I have been working at DHL for 7 years now and crunched exactly 2 days - it was my free choice.

Fuck crunch completely. If people are either mandated or coerced or even feel they have no choice but to crunch then that is an issue. I don't care if any game takes an extra 2 years to release, there should be zero crunch for those that do not want it and zero repercussions. Ever.

For those that do want to do it, well they should be heavily compensated. So much so that those who do NOT want to do it normally may have second thoughts about not wanting to do it because of the benefits of doing it. And again though if someone still does not want to, they should feel ZERO obligation or pressure to do so.

Until we are at least to that point, this is a big issue. It can destroy lives.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Gaming forum. We're on a gaming forum. Show me the Dockworker sub-forum and I'll go comment on their work situation so I can get some points on your "allowed to give a shit" scoreboard.

Gaming forum. We're on a gaming forum. Show me the Dockworker sub-forum and I'll go comment on their work situation so I can get some points on your "allowed to give a shit" scoreboard.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it. No one is required to present receipts of past indignation in order to be allowed to express his indignation in this case.

However, that says nothing about whether the indignation is justified or not. In this case, it most definitely isn't.

1. Developers have the right to crunch if they want to. The well-meaning scouts can shove their justified health concerns, their benevolent thesis on work/life balance down the throats of people wanting to take their advice. No one is under any sort of obligation to buy into your concepts of what a healthy work/life balance looks like.

2. CDPR have the right to set and change the conditions under which they will employ developers. If Devs don't like it, ultimately they can quit. Devs have the right to set and change the conditions under which they'll work for CDPR. If CDPR don't like it, they can part ways and find another developer.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

In this case, it most definitely isn't.

Naw. I don't need to tell someone of your vocabulary why "definitely" doesn't work in this scenario.

No one is under any sort of obligation to buy into your concepts of what a healthy work/life balance looks like.

Yeah, shit. Why be reasonable? Work hard, die young, leave an amazing....uh...video game?

2. CDPR have the right to set and change the conditions under which they will employ developers. If Devs don't like it, ultimately they can quit. Devs have the right to set and change the conditions under which they'll work for CDPR. If CDPR don't like it, they can part ways and find another developer.

Ah yes, that old chestnut. No wonder you're happy killing yourself with energy drinks over a spreadsheet. Those things are going to come back to haunt you in your 30s, my friend.

I get it both ways. At the end of the day CDPR run those streets and have to abide by labor laws. There will always be grinders at work and those that want to put in their time and GTFO. If overtime is paid and the job is really great you put in extra to make sure its successful. If the job sucks because of all the extra work you can always just leave. I guess folks don't like that option because they won't get their bonuses.

oagboghi2

Naw. I don't need to tell someone of your vocabulary why "definitely" doesn't work in this scenario.

Yeah, shit. Why be reasonable? Work hard, die young, leave an amazing....uh...video game?

Ah yes, that old chestnut. No wonder you're happy killing yourself with energy drinks over a spreadsheet. Those things are going to come back to haunt you in your 30s, my friend.
Ah yes, We can't forget about the scores of dead bodies that litter that videogame industry because God forbid some people work overtime and make more money 🤣

Yes, you don't need to.
You got that right.

Why, oh why, won't every single human being on the planet simply adopt Lanrutcon's take on life wholesale? Listen up, folks, it's over. Mr.Lanrutcon has just described his prescriptions as "reasonable", so please follow along. The millennial argument is over.
Do as you're told.

My mistake.

That email asking for your permission to swig down energy drinks and do overtime is being sent as I write this. I will also be asking for your advice on how to raise kids, what breed of dog I should get, mortgage options, the meaning of Life, your take on boxers vs shorts and, The Big Reveal, your perspective on Area 51.

But please make sure you prioritize those 800 messages from CDPR employees asking for your written consent, so they can resume overtime. Production has all but halted completely, as everyone is patiently awaiting your blessing and just sitting around playing Mass Effect Andromeda.

Kind Regards,

B-universe

PS: Have ditched Red Bull and went with this instead

nn5lsj3pvcs51.jpg

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
This is such a non story. Think about this reasonably. A big project needs to get out. The concern in this thread is just so misplaced. These employees are well paid in a time where millions have lost their jobs. Is it ideal? If course not, but life isn't perfect. We can strive for ideals while balancing workplace expectations. The answer isn't to condemn a company who is trying to put out a much delayed product. At some point it is reasonable to say "Hey guys, this has to get out now."

People like Jim Sterling or Jason Schrier would rile you up and have you believe that this is an issue of epic proportions. That these people never see their families and that they end up husks of people due to this. This hyperbole is damaging because it doesn't fix the problem, but rather makes it worse as people eventually stop listening through exhaustion. Empathy can be fleeting.

For those who want to blame management solely, this is false. There are a myriad of reasons that delays can happen and timelines need to be met. Sometimes it's just circumstance, sometimes it IS management, sometimes it's poor job performance due to employeees. The fact is we don't know.

This is the epitamy of a first world problem.

Papacheeks

Banned
This is such a non story. Think about this reasonably. A big project needs to get out. The concern in this thread is just so misplaced. These employees are well paid in a time where millions have lost their jobs. Is it ideal? If course not, but life isn't perfect. We can strive for ideals while balancing workplace expectations. The answer isn't to condemn a company who is trying to put out a much delayed product. At some point it is reasonable to say "Hey guys, this has to get out now."

People like Jim Sterling or Jason Schrier would rile you up and have you believe that this is an issue of epic proportions. That these people never see their families and that they end up husks of people due to this. This hyperbole is damaging because it doesn't fix the problem, but rather makes it worse as people eventually stop listening through exhaustion. Empathy can be fleeting.

For those who want to blame management solely, this is false. There are a myriad of reasons that delays can happen and timelines need to be met. Sometimes it's just circumstance, sometimes it IS management, sometimes it's poor job performance due to employeees. The fact is we don't know.

This is the epitamy of a first world problem.

Yea. about that..........................

x0T7dNS.png

BoJrwka.png

Screenshot_2020-10-14_at_15.37.51.png

Screenshot_2020-10-14_at_15.38.01.png

EkS31SyWkAI95z8

Jason, the distinction you're trying to obfuscate is between voluntary and mandatory crunch. Now, as far as I'm concerned management can establish the kind of work schedule they see as necessary and develoeprs can give CDPR the middle finger, if they want to.

So let's grant everything written in this Reddit post, for the sake of argument.

0. Hate it at CDPR?
Go work somewhere else.

1. The dev can confirm he didn't have a conversation on the matter but that doesn't mean others couldn't have had the conversation. Hundreds of developers work on Cyberpunk 2077.

3. His statement about the state of the game circa May 2019 directly contradicts reports. This Gamespot article is from August 2018 and reads "
Cyberpunk 2077 Is Already Playable Start To Finish" (source)

4. If true, learning about delays via Twitter would indeed be a sign of poor communication. But since the individual makes a similar claim about the game going Gold, I'd be cautious. Here's what GameInformer said a few days ago on the matter, via GameReactor: "According to GameInformer, the crunch seems to have been blown out of the water, to the degree where the developers even felt scared to celebrate the game going gold last week, despite being happy with the work produced. " (source)

To me at least, this doesn't read like the kind of reaction developers would have if they had learned the game had gone Gold from Twitter.
Again, maybe some did and others didn't.

5. Again, don't like how you're repeatedly treated by producers and management? Q-u-i-t. CDPR is under no obligation to cater to your managerial style preferences. Ultimately, it will be their loss if the best developers keep quitting and leaving. In that scenario, they will face the decision to either change or lose the best . And if they want to attract and keep the best , they'll adapt and change.

The free market is a thing of beauty.

6. The reddit post says "CDP developer here" but then Jason says "I think this Reddit comment from someone who worked at CD Projekt Red ". And follows up with "I personally had a blast working there until they decided the only way to finish the game was to do the death march".

So, apparently, in the meanwhile he quit. That's the noble thing to do, if you hate it that much. But if you're going to take into account the words of a former dev, don't forget the words of devs who haven't quit, just because they paint a different picture.

I don't get how this is surprising. It's like everyone chose to ignore 3 years ago when multiple ex devs said the game has been mismanaged real bad and no one knows wtf they are doing. Yong has a video on it. Another dev laat year compared it to Anthem's development.

Your take after an abundance of footage and screenshots is that "no one knows wtf they're doing"?
Interesting.

There was even a thread on gaf saying production prior to 2016 had all been scrapped according to some source. Guess we'll never know if that was true, but if it was it would explain quite a lot.

Let's grant all that.

Alternatively, they could have stuck with what they had, even if it didn't please them. But the conversation around Cyberpunk 2077 would have been a lot different, I'd imagine.

Thanks, but no thanks.
The war on mediocrity is not for everyone.
Iteration is not for everyone.

Go work somewhere else.

The game definitely doesn't give off that gritty vibe the 2013 trailer had.

Yes, the art direction changed.
This shows what, exactly?

Also weird seeing how many features were promised and then removed before we even saw much of the game. Car customisation gone, multiple purchasable appartments gone, can't ride the subway/ncart, no wallrunning, no third person cutscenes

Would you mind picking a side?

Because, just so you know, keeping those, imagining they were feasible, would prolong development, not shorten it. You can't on one hand dis the long development time and then sigh as you miss features that , if implemented, would only extend development.

It's hard for me to envision a scenario where game developers won't interpret this kind of complaints about removed features as an incentive to keep their mouths sealed up until a couple of months before launch.

Rushed for sure.

For sure?
Sure.

8 years is a pretty long time to play with but I guess when planning sucks this is the result.

The proof is in the pudding.
The pudding comes out in a month or so. Some pudding require a lot of time.

Alternatively, you have the powdered variety, which you can make and eat all within the hour.

Thanks, but no tahnks.

Last edited:

x0T7dNS.png

BoJrwka.png

I'm going to address the point I didn't cover in my last post.

It really is the central point of all this.

You seem to think developers have the right to manage CDPR. Newsflash: They don't. Management gets to mage, producers get to produce, and if after repeated attempts to have them see things your way, such attempts fail, you q-u-i-t and go work somewhere else.

The subsequent Reddit posts are filled with the usual juvenile envy and resentment teenagers tend to hold against people who earn more than them. Newsflash #2: start your own studio where you'll get to decide how much you'll make. Easy. Until then, you'll earn exactly what you agreed to, b because, remember, you were already an adult when you agreed to the terms and conditions of the contract you signed, right?

No one gets to decide what kind of bonuses you'll get but management and you are not automatically entitled to any sort of extra money. Start your own studio if you want to have that kind of control.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member

x0T7dNS.png

BoJrwka.png

As much as you want me to care about this overall situation right now, I don't

x0T7dNS.png

BoJrwka.png

Send it along to Mr. Sterling as I'm sure he needs filler to break up his Ubisoft rants

Sorry, I don't care too much about this stuff.

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm going to address the point I didn't cover in my last post.

It really is the central point of all this.

You seem to think developers have the right to manage CDPR. Newsflash: They don't. Management gets to mage, producers get to produce, and if after repeated attempts to have them see things your way, such attempts fail, you q-u-i-t and go work somewhere else.

The subsequent Reddit posts are filled with the usual juvenile envy and resentment teenagers tend to hold against people who earn more than them. Newsflash #2: start your own studio where you'll get to decide how much you'll make. Easy. Until then, you'll earn exactly what you agreed to, b because, remember, you were already an adult when you agreed to the terms and conditions of the contract you signed, right?

No one gets to decide what kind of bonuses you'll get but management and you are not automatically entitled to any sort of extra money. Start your own studio if you want to have that kind of control.

Papacheeks Papacheeks , you're apparently trying to fill the open position of GAF's Jason, ready to believe anything that confirms your thesis, ready to dismiss anything that doesn't.

Are you sure you want to be the local trade unionist for CDPR employees they never asked for? Your stance is inherently anti-free market and therefore must be repudiated with the utmost vehemence. Free markets are simultaneously an expression of and a requirement for freedom. Without them, the videogame industry wouldn't even exist.

Dude seriously your not a fucking mod. Stop acting like one, i was just adding new information as it came out.

Nothing more.

The thing that I already outlined in my stance was people should get paid for their work. And over in Poland work/labor laws are different than here. I agree that when you go into AAA development you should know what your getting into.

As David Jaffe phrased it. You know how crazy it is, you know that you are going to crunch at somepoint in development, thats the nature of entertainment industry. If you do your research you would not work at CD PRJ RED unless you like the work your doing and position you are in.

Jason and others are fighting for people to get at least compensated well for their work which has been an issue at CDPRJ red since Atari was their publisher. And some of that does stem from how labor laws are in WARSAW.

I am not filling in anything, unless you seriously are a developer, or connected to CDPRJ red and verified seriously you have no grounds to call me anything, and accuse me of anything.

All I did was update this thread with some new information, which is what you do when new information is given on a thread that has conflicting information from different sources.

If a mod has issue with me or the fact i updated the conversation they can warn me about it.

Stop back seat modding.

Dude seriously your not a fucking mod. Stop acting like one, i was just adding new information as it came out.

Nothing more.

Dude, I am not complaining about you adding new info, because, dude, I even added the exact same info myself before I even read your post.

Right, dude?

The thing that I already outlined in my stance was people should get paid for their work. And over in Poland work/labor laws are different than here. I agree that when you go into AAA development you should know what your getting into.

Yes and I would imagine the possibility of [mandatory] Crunch is written into their contracts, otherwise CDPR would be exposing themselves to future trouble. Under that basic assumption, developers are still free to give CDPR management the middle finger and quit, aren't they?

As David Jaffe phrased it. You know how crazy it is, you know that you are going to crunch at somepoint in development, thats the nature of entertainment industry. If you do your research you would not work at CD PRJ RED unless you like the work your doing and position you are in.

Agreed.
Let's hope this doesn't happen again with The Witcher 4.

By then it'll be reasonable to assume developers have heard all the so-called horror stories before applying.

Jason and others are fighting for people to get at least compensated well for their work which has been an issue at CDPRJ red since Atari was their publisher. And some of that does stem from how labor laws are in WARSAW.

Activism is not journalism.
The two are not compatible.

But it's interesting you've just acknowledged Jason's a trade unionist.
I'd like to see a comparison between CDPR salary structure and that of rival Polish studios. I was told they lead in that department as well. They pay the highest salaries.

Wages are determined by the will of both parties. That's how it works in a free market. Developers voluntarily signed a contract. Their overtime is paid and, quote, "well paid". Plus, they get a bonus.

What's your complaint, exactly, again?

I am not filling in anything, unless you seriously are a developer, or connected to CDPRJ red and verified seriously you have no grounds to call me anything, and accuse me of anything.

I had already deleted that part even before reading your reply.

The point, though, is your argumentation is, like Jason's, that of a trade unionist. I reject it. And rejecting for the reasons I've already provided doesn't require me to be in this or that position.

All I did was update this thread with some new information, which is what you do when new information is given on a thread that has conflicting information from different sources.

Again, I posted the exact same info you did before I even read your post.
Not only there's nothing wrong with posting new info, that's what threads are for.

I was never arguing against that.
I was arguing against your position.

If a mod has issue with me or the fact i updated the conversation they can warn me about it.

Already addressed.

Stop back seat modding.

Already fully addressed.

Last edited:
Let's call crunch what it is: modern slavery.

Those defending this, would you like to be working all the time with little to no remuneration for the extra time? I bet most will not. ( I will not, that is for sure)

Why not change the company? Well, family, location of a new job, debts, a bad economic situation can make things hard.

It is easy to talk about this as nothing much, or say "well that is part of the culture". When you only enjoy the game and do not give a "F" about the conditions developers and their families went through. If you are not a part of the solution, then do not be part of the problem.

Enjoy your game, but do not complain about the people trying to expose these practices, or make them look as they are nothing.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sorry, thread title has been bugging me for a few days now. There's a big difference in someone having an ideological agenda against you, and you being drawn into this other party's ideological narrative.

The latter is what's happening and its an all-too common problem. Its exploitative and disingenuous and needs to be stamped down on.

Topfuel

Let's call crunch what it is: modern slavery.

Those defending this, would you like to be working all the time with little to no remuneration for the extra time? I bet most will not. ( I will not, that is for sure)

Why not change the company? Well, family, location of a new job, debts, a bad economic situation can make things hard.

It is easy to talk about this as nothing much, or say "well that is part of the culture". When you only enjoy the game and do not give a "F" about the conditions developers and their families went through. If you are not a part of the solution, then do not be part of the problem.

Enjoy your game, but do not complain about the people trying to expose these practices, or make them look as they are nothing.

Do you think about the workers that made your clothes, android/ios device, gaming console? It have never been easier to create your own small studio to make games like say Ember Lab or Inertial Drift guys.

Last edited:

Denton

Given how much of a hellhole CDP apparently is and how terrible it is working there, I hope we will see an exodus of hundreds of pissed off employees as soon as possible. Nobody should work at a place they hate working, and since slavery was actually abolished, nobody has to.

Something tells me that ain't gonna happen though.

Last edited:
Do you think about the workers that made your clothes, android/ios device, gaming console? It have never been easier to create your own small studio to make games like say Ember Lab or Inertial Drift guys.

I do, why? I saw news in which companies people in terrible work conditions, and I do not purchase from them until they make things better.

I known it is hard to make your own studio. I am trying to make my own games, spending money and working after my job. But big companies which make millions/billions each year, should not be left on the free to exploit their workers for little to nothing for cruching.

Top Bottom