• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catholic priest put an aborted fetus on the altar in an appeal for Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Oh what a surprise, an anti-choice extremist using dishonest arguments and reprehensible shock tactics to misrepresent the reality of abortion as experienced by actual women.

Corpses as props. What will they think of next?

Let me get this straight.

- Woman has an abortion
- Pathologist (who performed the abortion?) then entrusts this psychopathic priest for a Catholic burial of the aborted fetus (maybe the woman was Catholic?)
- This priest then puts said aborted fetus on an atlar and proceeds to video it for 44min just for the purpose of spreading his own politcal agenda.

87wQl.gif

Korey

I wonder if Republicans ever read the same headlines we do. And are like "...ok.........I'm a Democrat now."

mike6467

God damnit, we're heading for another dark age aren't we?

My jaw was on the floor for a solid minute, there are no words.

Steel

Banned
I wonder if Republicans ever read the same headlines we do. And are like "...ok.........I'm a Democrat now."

Anna Navarro is voting for Hillary. Margaret Hoover(rep pundit on CNN) says she'd vote for Hillary if she were in a swing state.

Aske

Let me get this straight.

- Woman has an abortion
- Pathologist (who performed the abortion?) then entrusts this psychopathic priest for a Catholic burial of the aborted fetus (maybe the woman was Catholic?)
- This priest then puts said aborted fetus on an atlar and proceeds to video it for 44min just for the purpose of spreading his own politcal agenda.

On top of all this, do we know why the pregnancy was terminated? Because that fetus looks pretty late term, and given that the mother clearly cared about its burial, I can't help but wonder if the procedure was carried out because her/their lives were at risk.

Holy Fucking shit...

Are all American Catholics like this?

In here it's basically "Abortion is bad unless your health is truly on the line"

Nothing like..well...THAT
Shit no.

I'm Catholic and I'm not with this wacko and none of the people I know support this kinda shit. My vote is with Hillary.

JohnsonUT

The thing is that if you're religious and pro-Trump on the abortion issue, then you're just such a fucking rube.

That's just some shit that Trump barely talked about, doesn't care about and won't do anything about, in order to steal votes from your dumb ass. Congrats on taking the idiot bait.

And on top of that republicans learned they don't have to give a damn about abortion in the future either. The pro lifers will still vote for them. People who do care about preventing abortion have set back their own cause big time.

Steel

Banned
And on top of that republicans learned they don't have to give a damn about abortion in the future either. The pro lifers will still vote for them. People who do care about preventing abortion have set back their own cause big time.

Nah, with Pence behind him Trump definitely would've put supreme court justices out that would strike down roe v wade. And he'd have no problem rubberstamping any planned parenthood defunding from Congress.

On top of all this, do we know why the pregnancy was terminated? Because that fetus looks pretty late term, and given that the mother clearly cared about its burial, I can't help but wonder if the procedure was carried out because her/their lives were at risk.

I can't even imagine what those parents are going through right now. How has the priest not been arrested yet?

I'm Catholic, and I don't approve this message.

As a catholic I am appalled. He desecrated a sacred altar and there are not enough words to express just how angry I am at him for taking our religion and perverting it.

He's a psycho. As one of my friends put it (who is a himself a priest), Pavone has made an idol of the political anti-abortion cause. And dedicated it to fucking Trump of all people.

As for people wondering if he 'speaks' for the Church - no, he doesn't. He's one of these weird US based priests that seems to not be connected to any parish or diocese, but just subsists as a professional cultural warrior. A quick scan of his Twitter informs me that he's one of these guys who cares only about pre-natal life and nothing for what comes after.

Cheerilee

Radical Catholic Terrorism.

I'm calling for an end to all Catholics entering this country until we can figure out what's going on.

I used to be Catholic, but my dad is. I told him about this, and he was absolutely livid. My grandma was a devout Catholic, and I know this would have infuriated her too.

Yo what the fuck. What a shitty person he is.

Shitty, but not surprising. This guy, Frank Pavone, used to have a show on EWTN where his schtick was that he'd have a running chyron at the bottom of the screen to inform the viewer how many "unborn babies" were being murdered by legal abortions.

Still, I recall an incident back in 1992 when Randall Terry of Operation Rescue tried ambushing Bill Clinton when he was campaigning for president with a pickled fetus of his own. These people are lunatics. If this were any other issue, and one not so shamelessly tied into the catholic and evangelical vote, this type of behavior would be condemned by people from both political spectrums, but because it's abortion, well, we have to respect both sides because both sides have a valid point, right?

Edit: And if these people had the respect for the unborn that they always claim they do, they wouldn't use these fetuses as props.

"I value this life, but not enough to keep from using it as a cheap point to talk politics instead of burying it on what is I'm sure a religious request"

What. The. Fuck,

Azzanadra

Well that's just twisted. I was just playing some Bloodborne, and the imagery this title evoked is straight from that game.

convo

This shouldn't stop Trump or any other of his supporters from shacking this guy's hand on TV and endorsing everything about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom