• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr raises stakes in the fast food wars with new Most American Thickburger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laekon

I was at Carl's Jr. and almost decided to try it out of morbid curiosity but decided to opt for my go to Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

You can never go wrong with the Double Western Bacon.
The only thing to get at Carl's Jr. Though I do get the single most of the time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am going to try this once to say I did and probably never again. There's a place about 5 min away in two separate directions.

i feel like it shouldn't be called All American with no bacon on it though.

I actually think that if they replaced the hot dogs with bacon, I would try this. I like the idea of crisp chips on the burger. They might get mushy though.

Lemaitre

Banned
The only thing to get at Carl's Jr. Though I do get the single most of the time.

A local gourmet burger joint makes a double western like burger. Tastes so good, and much better than the Carl's Jr. version. But if Carl's is all you can get it's still godly for a fast food burger.

Kirye

I can already feel multiple body parts screaming hell no... but I want to try it.

I should wait for a day off.

sikkinixx

Why are people freakin? No one in here has ever BBQd up a hot dog, split it half and chucked it on a burger? That was my dad's signature dish growing up, cept with fries instead of chips.

this was american enough,

QeeV3UW.jpg

luckily you can still request it

cajunator

Banned
Europe might make fun of this sort of thing but they also bring the world stuff like maggot cheese and haggis. I think we are even.

lawnchair

Banned
These threads have become a contest of who can post the most hyperbole. Like people have never been to a grill cookout or something and had the audacity to have a burger and hot dog. Just eliminate the hot dog bun. It's all meat.

i agree. different kinds of meat between the same bread, oh my! wont someone think of the children? etc.

get it together fam

Valnen

If you eat a hamburger, hotdog and some potato chips you aren't going to die. I promise.

Yeah, if this was true, we'd be hearing about millions of people collapsing next to their grills during the summer. People regularly eat that much food at cookouts all the time not only without getting sick, but without getting fat!

People sure do love to exaggerate when it comes to the topic of fast food.

So...I actually had one today.
Think I'm going to be sick.
It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't anything special either. It was worth trying, but I'll probably never get it again.

Undubbed

I am now convinced that Car's Jr. is not a fast food place, but a league of assassins using fast food items to clog the arteries of their targets. Simply genius. Simple. Elegant. I would applaud if it wasn't so dastardly.

I am now convinced that Car's Jr. is not a fast food place, but a league of assassins using fast food items to clog the arteries of their targets. Simply genius. Simple. Elegant. I would applaud if it wasn't so dastardly.

That would make every person who serves burgers, hotdogs, and chips at a cookout part of the same league of assassins.

A dastardly plan, indeed.

Aselith

I had one of these burgers today and it IS AWFUL. The hotdogs just roll off the burger when you try to bite down so basically the dream is collapsing as you eat it. Bun was falling apart because it didn't have a flat support since the hotdogs are round. They didn't put a half hot dog like it shows in the pictures, they put a full round hot dog on the thing o_O

Mediocre.

El Diablo on the other hand is a very legit burger.

TraBuch

Banned
El Diablo on the other hand is a very legit burger.

I thought the jalapeno poppers added pretty much nothing to the burger. Putting those on there AND sliced jalapenos was a bit much. I took one bite and just took off all the poppers and ate them as a side.

It was also desperately in need of some grilled onions.

AlexMogil

I had one today without tomato. It was ok, but the hot dog flavor overpowered the flavor of the burger - not too hard because I find the meat at Hardee's pretty bland. Way too much ketchup too and I don't recall there being any mustard.

On the positive side, the chips worked, the pickles were great and the bun was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom