• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr raises stakes in the fast food wars with new Most American Thickburger

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

My literal response, every single time:

Kornheiser_Why.JPG
Because we are Americans.

squidyj

there's a place nearby where you can get a burger with a butterflied weiner, a mini corn dog on top, a fried egg, 4 patties, and bacon.
they also have a burger with deep fried mac and cheese wedges on it.
Pretty damn good place though I would never order one of those monstrosities.

Tuvoc

What lazy asshole came up with this one? I usually like the special burgers from Carls Jr because most of the time they're inventive.

This is just plain sad.

M.J. Doja

Banned
I don't do Carl's Jr. burgers in general, but this isn't such a bad concept.

The Shack in L.A. has a signature burger with a hot link sausage on top of the patty and its simply amaze.

Dreez

Earlier I thought this looked gross, but now I'm hungry and I want one right NOW!

I could do without the cheese and chips though.

jetsetrez

God fucking damn it.

I fucking love America so much.

I wish God existed, because it would be blessing this country every God damned moment of its existence.

riotous

Banned
A burger place near me puts a spicy hot link cut up like that on one of their burgers, along with peperoncinis (sp?).

Pretty good; a once a year type meal for me though.

Lego Boss

This looks amaze. If I lived in the US, I'd get rid of the buns and wrap that protein bomb in Dunkin' Donuts.

God Bless America.

My dad created a sandwich when I was a kid that was toast with Blackberry jam and two sliced hotdogs on it. I used to love that sandwich so I can't complain about this.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Carl's Thickburgers are terrible. All the balance goes out the window in favour of MORE MEAT.

All you end up with is a big dripping mess that doesn't even taste like a burger anymore, it's just concentrated beef flavor.

And it's too much food, you just end up feeling sick. Bad choices all around.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've never been to a Carl's jr/Hardees due to them not existing where I live. I will never be a most american :(

Schrade

Welp, I tried one. The burger patty itself was fine and tasted good. The hot dogs were VERY out of place, though. I feel if they had grilled or crisped up the skins on the hot dogs it would have gone over better. The burger looked surprising well appearance wise.

The flavor of the hot dogs contrasted very poorly with the hamburger patty. There was also a hint of sweetness coming from somewhere every couple of bites. I didn't like the sweetness.

I'd rate it a 6/10.

Welp, I tried one. The burger patty itself was fine and tasted good. The hot dogs were VERY out of place, though. I feel if they had grilled or crisped up the skins on the hot dogs it would have gone over better. The burger looked surprising well appearance wise.

The flavor of the hot dogs contrasted very poorly with the hamburger patty. There was also a hint of sweetness coming from somewhere every couple of bites. I didn't like the sweetness.

I'd rate it a 6/10.

How were the chips? Not surprised by the hot dogs sucking though

Schrade

How were the chips? Not surprised by the hot dogs sucking though

The chips were alright. I was rather amazed at how they were able to wrap the burger up and when I unwrap it they still stayed in the burger. I guess their shape makes them interlock and less prone to falling out.

I would rather have had crunchy fried onions or something.

Kenai

I am going to try this once to say I did and probably never again. There's a place about 5 min away in two separate directions.

i feel like it shouldn't be called All American with no bacon on it though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I was at Carl's Jr. and almost decided to try it out of morbid curiosity but decided to opt for my go to Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

You can never go wrong with the Double Western Bacon.

Schrade

I was at Carl's Jr. and almost decided to try it out of morbid curiosity but decided to opt for my go to Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

You can never go wrong with the Double Western Bacon.

Yep. Double Western Bacon Burger is damn good. The Charbroiled Chicken Club is very good too.

That looks so disgusting to me. The last couple of years my go-to fast food item has become an In N Out cheeseburger with just meat cheese and bun. You can taste the cheese and charbroil in ways I had never had before with toppings/sauce. It became the perfect burger for me because of how simple it was. This idea of throwing more and more shit onto a burger to somehow make it better is something I just can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom