• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
BestBuy shipped my SNES by Xpresspost which is next day right? Thing is it says won’t be here until Monday (which is fine). Any chance I’ll get it today in Barrie, ON?

Megasoum

Banned
Sigh...got to Walmart at 7:20 and they had handed all the papers at 6am (which is way earlier than they did with the Switch)

Got to Best Buy, not too far in line, no papers handed out yet but they only open at 10.

MrNineties

Sigh...got to Walmart at 7:20 and they had handed all the papers at 6am (which is way earlier than they did with the Switch)

Got to Best Buy, not too far in line, no papers handed out yet but they only open at 10.

Same deal. I arrived to Walmart at 6:55 and the tickets were already all called for. Rep confirmed no systems left. Turned around and walked away disappointed..

I'm not really going SNES mini hunting but I will check during my lunch if they have any. If they do will pick up and report here. I'm in a smaller town and the EB there I was able to get a Switch from so I expect it should be fine.

Megasoum

Banned
Same deal. I arrived to Walmart at 6:55 and the tickets were already all called for. Rep confirmed no systems left. Turned around and walked away disappointed..

Yeah... Like I don't mind waiting 2 hours at Best buy but I don't want to wait 1.5h to hear that they don't have enough.

Also it's fucking cold this morning lol

iphys

Looks like my plan of going to the Wal-Mart in rexdale worked. Opens at 7 got there at 6:40 and was about 44th in line. The store got around 50 units. Was worried while in line at checkout cause it looked like they were gonna run out by the time it was my turn but an employee brought another box from the back so that was a huge relief. A lot of people came after 7am. Also there was an even bigger line up at EB across the street and that doesnt open till 9. They should have just waited in line at Wal-Mart.

That's probably about the closest you could show up to opening and manage to get one anywhere. My Walmart opened at 7 and had 48 systems. First person got there at 10:20 pm. I got there at 4:50 and was 24th. 48th person showed up at 6:20.

BestBuy shipped my SNES by Xpresspost which is next day right? Thing is it says won’t be here until Monday (which is fine). Any chance I’ll get it today in Barrie, ON?

Mine said that yesterday but today it updated to arriving today. It is in Scarborough now and I am at Yonge and Steeles so I should get it today..

It'll go to Vancouver first

Funny you say that, when I ordered a laptop a few years back it was in the GTA and then went way outside the GTA and then a week later came back to the GTA. I dont think it was as far as Vancouver but I was tracking it and felt like I was taking crazy pills.

Megasoum

Banned
LMAO

So we were like 25 people or so waiting in the cold outside Best Buy.

Then, out of nowhere, a dude with an EB Games jacket walked around the corner and said "Guys... We have a ton of them... Here are some coupons".

Now I'm waiting in line inside in the warmth to get to the cash.

I just imagine the dude at Best buy who looks outside and there's suddenly nobody left Haha

Fucking bald 5 foot tall video games Santa Claus right there haha

espher

Stores here (Fredericton, NB) basically all opened at 7 AM and were sold out before the doors opened. I know both Walmarts had lines longer than the leaked stock counts.

(I had to be at work so I missed out -- Wave 2 when -- but several co-workers who started at a different time had checked it out.)

pestul

LMAO

So we were like 25 people or so waiting in the cold outside Best Buy.

Then, out of nowhere, a dude with an EB Games jacket walked around the corner and said "Guys... We have a ton of them... Here are some coupons".

Now I'm waiting in line inside in the warmth to get to the cash.

I just imagine the dude at Best buy who looks outside and there's suddenly nobody left Haha

Fucking bald 5 foot tall video games Santa Claus right there haha
I love it.. congrats man. How does everyone think that the Walmart online sale is going to go? They should have a lot more systems than EBGames had on last night right? 30min left btw if anyone is wondering..

Downtown Montreal Best Buy report: about 50-60 people in line, and sounds like opening shipment of a bit over 100?

Edit at 8:55: they just gave out tickets. 125 will be available.

Megasoum

Banned
I love it.. congrats man. How does everyone think that the Walmart online sale is going to go? They should have a lot more systems than EBGames had on last night right? 30min left btw if anyone is wondering..

I don't know about online but here in Lasalle Walmart had 48(which matches the online spreadsheet I posted last night) but EB has 100

My buddy got in line for a second to be a scalper, missed it by four people. Good lol.

How are the lines at the remaining stores? BB, TRU, etc

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
First time I saw mall walkers was around 2000 when I was working at a car dealership. We drove a few new cars to Fairview Mall in Toronto to drive them into the mall and set up a display. My co-worker freaked one out when he squawked the tires on the tile inside the mall. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom