• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Wow that went quick, did not even see it. Oh well, will try my luck with Amazon, EB Games website has been wack since the old amiibo hunting days

chrono01

Complete bullshit. Where the fuck is Amazon in all this?
Know what? I'm sorry to those that aren't members, but I hope Amazon makes the SNES Classic Prime-only, at least the scalpers/bots won't have access to them. This is ridiculous, the stock on EBGames.ca sold before it was even visible.

mdubs

Banned
Know what? I'm sorry to those that aren't members, but I hope Amazon makes the SNES Classic Prime-only, at least the scalpers/bots won't have access to them. This is ridiculous, the stock on EBGames.ca sold before it was even visible.

Yeah this is pretty much my hope too tbh. The Switches seemed to stay in stock for much longer when they restricted it to Prime only.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.

This.

Im. Sick. And. Tired. Of. This. Fuckery.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

If I were a serious scalper, I'd definitely have Prime by now, considering the stuff they lock behind it.

pestul

Screenshot please.
Best I could do from my email confirmation.. strange it doesnt mention the shipping cost.

VD2ZZj3.png

Madness

I refreshed every second from 8:59PM to 9:05PM. Zero stock. Wtf is this. Even during firesales you at least saw stock. Walmart it is at 5-6am and then EBGames at 7 amd then after that I don't care. Fuck Nintendo and fuck reggie.

DJ_Lae

Of course - I went to play some Forza 7 (which actually works fine at the time it was supposed to) and missed it popping back in stock.

This is all deja vu.

chrono01

OOS when I checked.
Keep trying the link in the tweet, it was the only way it showed as available for me after hitting the F5 key constantly since five minutes before it was supposed to go live. People on Twitter seem to still be having luck hitting that link, so here's hoping a few of you guys/gals get lucky.

mdubs

Banned
Of course - I went to play some Forza 7 (which actually works fine at the time it was supposed to) and missed it popping back in stock.

This is all deja vu.

You didn't miss much, most of us who were sitting here refreshing never saw any pop up anyways.

zroid

Banned
maybe the "Super NES Classic Edition" doesn't actually exist and this is just an elaborate conspiracy. yes all you people with the alleged shipping posts are in on it.

chrono01

I wonder if EBGames.ca supply locked it based on region your ISP is coming from...
Sure feels like it.
Maybe?

It didn't show as available to me for the longest time though, so if it were IP-based I would have seen it pop as soon as it hit 9PM PT. I got it around 20 minutes later, using the link in the Tweet. It appears to be sold out (officially) now, as some have the item added to their cart but are unable to check out.

Insane how the website only appeared to show stock for some.

pestul

I feel like an ass now for getting one. A movie I was watching had just ended and I glanced over at the clock and saw the exact release time. I went to the site and I was about to give up after a few 404s. It opened up.. I immediately searched "snes classic" and a couple of add to cart tries later I had one. Feels good.

chrono01

It might also have something to do with the browser used? When I clicked the Twitter link I was in IE (had two browsers open, hitting F5 on both), so maybe it was a browser issue?

Hopeford

By the way guys, I'm getting one extra SNES(the European model) because I pre-ordered one frrom Game but a friend got me one as a gift, so when it gets here, if any of you guys is desperate for one, just let me know.

I might have two extras because I also pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk, but I canceled on them. ...And they sent me an email a bit ago saying they had just shipped it anyway, so, uh, there's that. And they charged me. So I guess that one is arriving? It says it will arrive Oct 13. The Game one doesn't give me a date for arrival.

But yeah if you guys can't get your own, let me know. Figured I should check if anyone here wanted them before I return them or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom