• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you people play a Vita without a grip?

Teggy

EDIT: I got the Assist Grip, see post 158 for update

I really can't play my Vita without my CTA grips. My left hand starts to cramp up and eventually falls asleep. In fact, I never got a grip with the PSP and probably would have played it more if I had looked for one.

And just to prove I don't work for CTA :), this is the grip I really want that I just found - I really need to find out how to get it.

Assist Grip from Datel Japan
PSVitaGrips.jpg

DR2K

Banned
It used to hurt playing Vita for long sessions, but I got used to it and the pain went away.

gryz

Banned
havent ever tried using grips, but im somewhat interested. are there any that don't look awful?

Raonak

Banned
never had a problem with holding the vita. its much better than the psp. but damn. that grip looks awesome.

Eusis

Certainly can, but I may look into the Hori grip.

Considering it more for the 3DS XL to be honest, Vita would be an absolute non-issue were it not for the back touch, and if it weren't for hurting the tips of my index fingers occasionally I'd never have an issue holding it "as intended", but either 3DS can be something of a pain to hold.

I played Persona 4 until the battery low warning came on and don't have any issues. You get used to it after awhile. Funny enough I bought a grip to use at one point but hated that I couldn't slide it back in a case with it on.

Chesskid1

Banned
i did for a few months, but then i purchased a grip and i liked it so much more.

basically, its like holding a ps3 controller.

the cool thinness of it is gone, but that doesnt bother me.

no problems for me

my hands always used to cramp soooo bad when I was playing Lumines on my PSP for long stretches though.

I used to get cramps playing the vita from having to contort my grip to hold it.

But now I can't feel my hands anymore so it's okay

xclaw

My left pinky would always fall asleep until I modified my grip. I am interested in the grips but not so much the bulk it would add to the device.

quest

Not Banned from OT
If it invloves the sticks and triggers like uncharted I need the grips. Other game with the D-pad and face buttons no grips needed like rayman.

Venfayth

79-213-043-02.jpg

I use this. It is godlike.

The vita is fine on its own, but this is SO much more comfortable and it increases the battery life by about 8 hours, in my experience. The downsides are that it itself takes a very long time to fully charge (maybe like 12 hours? lol) and that you can't directly hook your Vita up to a computer while this thing is on.

Nyko Power Grip

PaulLFC

I've used my Vita fine without one, although they do look comfortable.

A question for people who've used one - how does the Vita fit into them? By that I mean, is it easily removable from the grip without damage? I had an iPhone case for my old 3GS and when I removed the case, the iPhone had scratches on the sides where the case had been. Could have been because it was in the case for months though.

Eric C

I don't have a Vita yet, but ever since the GBA-SP I've put a comfort grip on ALL my handheld systems. They just started to get too thin for my hands.

79-213-043-02.jpg

The vita is fine on its own, but this is SO much more comfortable and it increases the battery life by about 8 hours, in my experience. The downsides are that it itself takes a very long time to fully charge (maybe like 12 hours? lol) and that you can't directly hook your Vita up to a computer while this thing is on.

Nyko Power Grip

I have a similar shaped grip for the regular PSP, it has no extra battery but it's comfortable.

Rezae

79-213-043-02.jpg

Nyko Power Grip

I got this when it first came out in the summer and it is AWESOME. Could never go without it again. Extremely comfortable and the battery is pure bonus. I tried a PDA? Grip from BB not too long after launch, and it just made my hands cramp in a different way. This thing I have had all day marathons, not one cramp, no need to worry about battery. Highly recommend.

Protome

Never had this issue.
But then again, I've also never had an issue with the PSPGo, which people seemed to find really uncomfortable to hold too.

Gatombre

Neo Member
I find the Vita more comfortable to play for long sessions than the PSP, and even that isn't too bad. I used to play Monster Hunter on my multi-hour public transportation commute and never had any cramping issues.

Those grips look pretty sweet though.

I have a grip for my Vita and I use it most of the time but I don't mind using it w/o. For 3ds I HAVE to have a grip otherwise I can't play it for more than 30mins without wanting to throw it

Top Bottom