• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol review embargo lifts on release date 6.am. GUESS THE SCORE

NeoGUT feeling:

• Total voters

R6Rider

Gold Member
Speaking of pre-ordering. Amazon still says expected delivery of December 20th... Might just cancel and order at Best Buy.

Last edited:

Lions Gate

I’m hyped as fuck, but I’m broke. Fuck my life.
Unted.jpg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I have failed you…
RmHXJQ1.jpg

nicktaveras-judeandanthony.gif

I saw the opening section of this game.
Midnight release it is.

If the game has shader comp stutter im hoping it has a built in benchmark so I can atleast build some of the shaders during the run.
Been watching their Dev Diaries, these guys are far from "a new studio" by definition.
Its basically a set of proper veterans working together, we talking talent from ND, Santa Monica, Epic(who steals talent from Epic?),Sqenix Japan, SledgeHammer, Ubisoft etc etc......who also have KRAFTON (PUBG) money backing them.
Yeah you can expect good things.

We have the ability to get used to anything, if the game was 30-60 hours long then will become numb to atmosphere and the monsters and the game starts to drag.
Unless they change shit up and add a whole bunch of surprises! But yeah 30 plus hours usually drags , i never finished a open world game for that reason ! I get bored really quickly! 12 h game for me turns into 24h game , i take a shitload of screenshots!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Unless they change shit up and add a whole bunch of surprises! But yeah 30 plus hours usually drags , i never finished a open world game for that reason ! I get bored really quickly! 12 h game for me turns into 24h game , i take a shitload of screenshots!
I can do long hours for RPGs because of progression in building your characters and you party members but with survival horror games I don’t needed to be long, 12-14 hours is more than enough for me.

xrnzaaas

I'm hoping for a solid 8/10 game, they probably won't beat RE2 Remake which for me is the best new survival horror from the recent years.

EDMIX

Speaking of pre-ordering. Amazon still says expected delivery of December 20th... Might just cancel and order at Best Buy.

Its an issue with Amazon. It will come on release day, but its eta will show a different date. If you track it , it will show you its actually on the way.

Same thing happened to me with God Of War

Watching the mini series of how they made the game, you can see the passion that has gone into it particularly the effort in sound design and lighting.

If this is as good as I hope it is , I’ll be interested to see if they make another new IP or immediately get to work on a sequel.

Kuranghi

So no news on graphics modes?
Is there at least hdr?

In a dev diary I was watching (I think its above, but I dunno I watched loads in the last hour or so) he said they had ray-tracing so I'm guessing a 30fps RT mode and 60fps not-RT at least.

-Zelda-

Banned
Someone said that this game can be beaten in 10 hours on a first time playthrough in another topic. If that is true, I will wait until the game is cut in half to 30 dollars because I am too used to enjoying games that take longer to beat. Not hating, just trying to maximise enjoyment vs cost.

GametimeUK

consoles -low 80s
pc -High 60s due to the unreal shader comp' curse lol

I've heard people downplay this shader compilation issue lately. It is absolutely destroying PC games. I will wait to see what the performance is like.

If the PC port is good I'll buy it there. If not I'll buy on ehatever console runs it best.

MaKTaiL

Watching the mini series of how they made the game, you can see the passion that has gone into it particularly the effort in sound design and lighting.

If this is as good as I hope it is , I’ll be interested to see if they make another new IP or immediately get to work on a sequel.
Do you have a link? Is it on YouTube?

Top Bottom