• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War teaser

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
On polygon or kotaku, not sure which. Posters are attributing Trump as the Russian plant being part of the Kgb plans. Just can’t make this shit up.

Useful idiots, conditioned and unable to see reality when right in front of them indeed.
Saying that Russia is same shit as USSR is something. Wonder if they apply this logic to different countries, USA as a British colony, etc.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
This is all real btw. I am super-surprised Activision of all people put out a non-woke trailer. Yuri is talking partially about the SJW infection and how it will rot our country from within and make it weak to soviet attack.

Maybe I will buy a COD game again...

I know, but the political craziness started this year, although it was building up for many years. I doubt Treyarch would make a game like this if they knew that things would escalate like they did in 2020. Although they could also be trying to use politics to sell the game as they could have easily not included Bezmenov interview to promote the game.

SJWs have been around for decades. Mostly in academia. Their big push started in early 2010's. Like a virus they infected tech companies first and then spread their illness far and wide. If you think this shit started in 2020 then you have been asleep at the wheel for a long time.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

The only CoD i really enjoyed this gen was WW2.
Treyarch is blowing it with every game since BO2. Oh and i wish they would stop using that Black Ops Name already. That Name for this years game is terrible long

"Hey have you bought the Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Battlepass?".. smh

Last edited:
well i wasnt planning on getting a CoD this year but this trailer sold me instantly. very refreshing to see a game not only NOT pushing marxism/sjw but actively shitting on communism and its subgenres

WindomURL

Yuri's message basically identifies and maps out the full spectrum of leftist infiltration and agitation that has taken place in the US over the course of the past ~50 years. His interview has been floating around the net for years now, particularly between those on the right. I'm actually kinda shocked he gets into a blops trailer like that. A not insignificant portion of people are gonna look him up and get their heads blown. Highly recommended viewing

This is a beautiful thing. Hope the game doesn't suck

Reindeer

SJWs have been around for decades. Mostly in academia. Their big push started in early 2010's. Like a virus they infected tech companies first and then spread their illness far and wide. If you think this shit started in 2020 then you have been asleep at the wheel for a long time.
Lol, obviously they've been around for a long time, but I'm talking about how it escalated this year with violent protests and media agenda to cover everything up. There's never been such a forceful way of trying to assert ideological domination by any means necessary as we've seen in US this year when it comes to leftist authoritarian politics.

oagboghi2

On polygon or kotaku, not sure which. Posters are attributing Trump as the Russian plant being part of the Kgb plans. Just can’t make this shit up.

Useful idiots, conditioned and unable to see reality when right in front of them indeed.
Why are you assuming they are wrong? Is Activision known as a particularly conservative company.

We could just as likely be shooting Trump supporters and American "traitors" as we are Antifa and communists. People are seeing what they want to see in that ad.

Last edited:
Just watched his whole interview and wow, that’s my first reaction, just wow. So eerily true, everything he said.

Activision could take a lot of heat for this but their player base is, I’m sure, least leftist out there. They are probably biggest recruiters for Pentagon thru last 10 years.

Shmunter

Why are you assuming they are wrong? Is Activision known as a particularly conservative company.

We could just as likely be shooting Trump supporters and American "traitors" as we are Antifa and communists. People are seeing what they want to see in that ad.
I understand the underlying material. I’m not assuming they are wrong, they are wrong and brainwashed.

Daffy Duck

Can't wait to see what it's like, if it's a fresh take on Black Ops 1 with a Modern Warfare style lick of paint I will be very interested.

Played the original Black Ops 1 again the other night boy that game is so good.

VN1X

Banned
I'm really surprised the trailer has been received as well everywhere as it has. In the same talk that's featured in the teaser Bezmonov pretty much blames a bunch of stuff "on the gays" lol. I think he's right about a lot of things but those remarks really stood out as being incredibly regressive and backwards.

CloudNull

Banned
Number 1 trending on Youtube. All the people I know are talking about this trailer. People who have not cared about COD in years.... Very smart Marketing.

Shmunter

I'm really surprised the trailer has been received as well everywhere as it has. In the same talk that's featured in the teaser Bezmonov pretty much blames a bunch of stuff "on the gays" lol. I think he's right about a lot of things but those remarks really stood out as being incredibly regressive and backwards.
Can’t remember detail, but I think it’s just in the context of a Social Justice push, not disparaging being gay.

Plenty of gays are against SJW’s

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Happy to see genuine positivity in a CoD thread. Everyone likes to shit on it but it sells every year because the harsh truth is its a good product. 60fps, responsive gameplay, tons of value across singleplayer, co-op, & multiplayer realms.

Its not the same as a Fifa/NBA 2k/Madden roster update. Every year its a new experience.

Fake

Happy to see genuine positivity in a CoD thread. Everyone likes to shit on it but it sells every year because the harsh truth is its a good product. 60fps, responsive gameplay, tons of value across singleplayer, co-op, & multiplayer realms.

Its not the same as a Fifa/NBA 2k/Madden roster update. Every year its a new experience.

No matter the hate (I was one time in that team), I can't see any fps with that time responsive like CoD.

So this is definitely a misdirection by Tencent (CCP) to get ahead of the inevitable and upcoming real world backlash that China has subverted the US.

The narrative of this game will be "Russia subverted the US, the president is a Russian agent. THIS IS REAL LIFE!" and it'll drop just enough time before the election.

/tinfoilhat

TLDR: It seems redpilled, I bet its not.

The thing is that these ideas are completely foreign to the average person, so if it takes a "Russia!" coating for it to be distributed and swallowed, so be it; it's effective regardless of what the original intent was. They either know what they're doing or just made a collosal miscalculation.

Vanitymachine

Neo Member
I wouldn't expect the series that shilled for the Marxist org Black Lives Matter to have Yuri Bezmenov in their next trailer.

Is there some kind of ideological feud between Infinity Ward and Treyarch?

Maybe Activision is cashing in on the divide in America. We get a blue pilled game one year, and then a red pilled one the next.

Next year we are gonna get to play as the Chinese Red guard and destroy the four olds.

There's no way this isn't releasing without a hitch, but I can't wait for Zombies, Spec Ops is okay but not in the same league as Zombies, it's not even close. If I wanted human AI I'd play Campaign, at least Zombies is replayable.

Here's hoping for a meaty campaign
Probably the same linear trash with setpieces but I cant wait for the story though.

mortal

Yuri Bezmenov in a COD trailer?

Given the current state of the USA (among other western countries), this is a very relevant trailer lol

Vaelka

I heard people were mad about the trailer and I thought it had to do with MTX or something.
Then I watched it and lol.

Yeah I can see why that upsets the '' everything is political crowd ''
'' No! Not like that! '' :messenger_tears_of_joy: .

VN1X

Banned
I heard people were mad about the trailer and I thought it had to do with MTX or something.
Then I watched it and lol.

Yeah I can see why that upsets the '' everything is political crowd ''
'' No! Not like that! '' :messenger_tears_of_joy: .
Oh man I hadn't even though about that yet, that's brilliant lol.

Has there been a thread on Era about Bezmonov yet? Can't wait. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

Vanitymachine

Neo Member
I love watching Americans not realising they live in the most right wing late stage capitalist country on Earth :lollipop_squinting:
I hate it when people conflate capitalism with being right wing. It's an economic system, it can exist in a culturally right or left society. As you can see, nearly every corporation in the west has embraced socially and culturally left wing ideas and expends a lot of money and effort to normalize leftist ideas in all aspects of our culture.

Late stage capitalism is only really feasible in a liberal society, because liberalism inherently allows far more avenues of economic exploitation and consumerism. Without any hard constraints of defined morality, there's no limit to what behaviors and social fads you can addict people to and financially exploit.

Anyways not to get too off topic. I'm excited for this, I'm one of the rare people that has loved pretty much every Call of Duty campaign, and was disappointed with Black Ops 3. Hopefully this is up to the quality of the first 2 Black Ops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom