• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War teaser

showernota

So this is definitely a misdirection by Tencent (CCP) to get ahead of the inevitable and upcoming real world backlash that China has subverted the US.

The narrative of this game will be "Russia subverted the US, the president is a Russian agent. THIS IS REAL LIFE!" and it'll drop just enough time before the election.

/tinfoilhat

TLDR: It seems redpilled, I bet its not.

Last edited:
To me its just crazy how far we are in the year and only now we are getting a trailer announcement. Obviously Covid did its thing but for reference last 2 COD games were already out by this point (Aug 3rd and 17th). The game usually gets announced around march April with a teaser and a release date. Heres hoping its cuz of Covid and not because of development issues because this will then be a second one in a row for Treyarch.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Great teaser trailer. Perhaps the single-player will end up being as good or better than the original Black Ops.
Yeah, after such a great trailer, I want a single player (co-op) campaign. I hope they don’t waste the history lesson trailer on bringing us online only matchmaking battle royal. No offense. When they’ve hit the high notes, they should deliver on all fronts.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Bezmenov, that's insane to put it lightly. Holy shit.

And to name it "Know your history", Treyarch putting those history lessons, which should have been taught decades ago.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
I played the shit out of BO1 (and 2) but never played the rest.

I love WZ to death but have yet to get MW itself proper.

This has my attention.

--------

I don't know my history. Who is this guy and what is he talking about?

Last edited:

Shmunter

This has my attention.

--------

About how ideological subversion is orchestrated and unfolds within a nation over decades. The footage is real including snippets of a defector KGB agent in a famous interview. The USA situation today is playing out as he claimed it would in the interview from decades ago. Nothing new, has been seen in many parts of the world.

I’ve linked the interview in previous post.

M1chl

This has my attention.

--------

It basically how Soviets/KGB infiltrated acedemia, to create this whole culture that nothing is true, everything is permitted. So it could divide the country without firing a shot and makes people want communism in USA. I mean...it's hardly conspiration theory. People actually believe, that they would thrive under totalitarian regime and that it would ended up racism, classism and that kind of stuff.

This was obviously in development before the 2020 craze began.
1986 was the year of that interview. Ohh CoD you meant, not necessarily the craze started to ramp up around 2010+...

Last edited:

Reindeer

1986 was the year of that interview
I know, but the political craziness started this year, although it was building up for many years. I doubt Treyarch would make a game like this if they knew that things would escalate like they did in 2020. Although they could also be trying to use politics to sell the game as they could have easily not included Bezmenov interview to promote the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

M1chl

I know, but the political craziness started this year, although it was building up all this time. I doubt Treyarch would make a game like this if they know that things would escalate like they did in 2020.
I edit the post, sorry. Woke up early and still dizzy kind of...

It's been a while since I last watched that interview. I still thinking about every now and then while all this shit is happening today. But holyshit I did not expect Call of Duty to be on the same page.

Elcid

Banned
Trump should retweet it
751436.jpg

jaysius

Banned
What trash, no gameplay, all just fluff, to feed their community this, after a long tease is like shitting in their face and slowly rubbing it all over them. August 26th? Fuck them.

Watched the teaser again and the thing about perseus and big brother in washington DC "who promisses lots of things" makes me think the story will be something about the president being a russian puppet. Orange man bad basically.

Anti-Russian propaganda confirmed.

"The Red Army is coming, the Red Army is coming" - is all i'm hearing in the trailer.

Despite that, i'm intrigued by how the game will look, and play like.

The original Black Ops was cold war period 2010 game. God why and who are these people who hold the accountability when it comes to giving the title for Treyarch's games? Black Ops IIII, couldn't you dumb asses say Black Ops IV, is roman numeral that hard to put in your title? and now this shit Black Ops Cold War, sigh

Paasei

MW3 is far better than CoD4 is pretty much every conceivable aspect, even MW2 is better, although that doesn't mean that CoD4 is bad, far from it, it is excellent, but the sequels only get better and better.
- No more server browser
- No more FoV slider
- No (official) mod support
- No more console for basic commands
- No more balanced gameplay by adding 20+ killstreaks
- Overall bad map design
- Complete focus on console market and not caring about PC (read first 4 mentioned)

All of this doesn't really make a sequel better in any way. So CoD4 (and CoD2 for that matter) are still the best ones by miles. It's not even a challenge.

So then what makes the remake of MW so great for me after all of these?
- First CoD game that looks really good in years
- Really good sound/audio design
- Back to proper map designs
- The first BR game I personally really enjoy
- Crossplay so I can play with my friends that have it on PS4

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Normally I always buy every cod, but tbh I might skip this year. I am so fatigued with battle passes and all that shit.

Top Bottom