• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War File Size Update

Vae_Victis

Banned
Weird part is they didn't change the file for xss . They made one file for both xsx/xss at 136 gb
They probably couldn't be arsed. The only thing you could really save on are textures, but they probably didn't have a comfortable in-between (like 2K) ready to use, so it was either the XSX one, the XOne ones or re-scaling them all form scratch just for this version.

Last edited:

Barakov

285 GB on these paltry SSDs

bvPZlr4.jpg

Hahaha I knew it. The "games are gonna be smaller on next gen because of SSD magic" crowd is gonna be in for a serious disappointment. Games are gonna be bigger than ever. I fully expect some titles to scratch the 300GB mark by the end of the generation.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It feels like 75% of everything reported on the internet is wrong and then corrected soon after.

hahahaha.
That is literally what the Internet is.

Person A says thing.
Person B proves person A wrong with truth about thing.
Note....Person B is totally allowed to also be Person A.

On Topic.

Im curious what PC install sizes will be, without DirectStorage I might as well be that one guys that holds everyone up to start the match by booting from a 5400rpm drive.

P.S Fuck Activision at this point the might as well let us boot the game from a frikken USB drive we know they arent taking advantage of these nextgen consoles I/O capabilities.

This is a plausible concern--Activision really hasn't been consumer friendly in quite some time. Bloating the install size and preventing gamers from easily installing other games on the SSD makes you more likely to continue playing Call of Duty, paying money into their seasons and ecosystem, and avoiding other games.

This is painting with a very large, baseball bat-sized (or cricket bat-sized for our friends in non-baseball countries), but that's the kind of anti-consumer s*** that is in Activision's wheelhouse.
That was my thought. It may sound like conspiracy theories but who knows?

I would love to see the size of the splash screen videos, bet they are at 4K at least. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Canceled that digital pre order and bought DMC definitive instead get fucked Activision.
I'm sure you already know but yeah, you made the right choice. DMC V is amazing.

Last edited:

Oddspeak

In order to pre-load Black Ops Cold War, you must have the following free drive space on your platform:

PlayStation 4: 95GB
PlayStation 5: 133GB
Xbox One: 93GB
Xbox Series X|S: 136GB

Note: console players can choose to uninstall specific game mode packs, such as for Campaign or Zombies, in order to reduce the game’s overall file size. This content can be managed in-game through the “Account & Network” section of the Settings menu.

PC: 35 GB (Multiplayer Only) / 82GB (Full Game) / 125GB (Full Game on Ultra Graphics)

Note: PC players can also choose to install specific game mode packs, such as for Campaign and Zombies, in order to reduce the game's overall file size. Also note the updated PC file size numbers.

While still not ideal, this is significantly more reasonable than almost three-fucking-hundred.

Black_Stride

No my ps5 cost me $500. Storage is extra that was bought before the console.

Fortunate enough to have a government full time job and no kids

So you could still buy 2 PS5s install half the games on one PS5 install the other half on the other PS5 and when you need to play game X you use Input 1 when you need to play game Y you flip to input 2.

Have both consoles on waiting with the game you are switching to and have beyond quick resume changing between games because both your controllers are sitting right next to you.

And you'd have still spent the same amount of money while still having the advantage of having a government job(lol) and no kids.

DonJorginho

Banned
It feels like 75% of everything reported on the internet is wrong and then corrected soon after.
Nothing was reported wrong though lmao, the box says that, Activision are just covering their ass.

Preloads always increase majorly upon launch, I suspect this becomes a near 200GB title around December, the box definitely is taking into account patches.

Imtjnotu

So you could still buy 2 PS5s install half the games on one PS5 install the other half on the other PS5 and when you need to play game X you use Input 1 when you need to play game Y you flip to input 2.

Have both consoles on waiting with the game you are switching to and have beyond quick resume changing between games because both your controllers are sitting right next to you.

And you'd have still spent the same amount of money while still having the advantage of having a government job(lol) and no kids.
Only could secure one pre order. If I could have got two I would have ran two PS5's for no damn reason what the hell sort of logic is that 😂

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just wish they sold single player separately... I am not downloading 200gb single player campaign for 90usd

Certinty

Literally laughing at all the people saying fuck Activision etc.

You’re deluding yourself if you think big AAA games this gen won’t be this big if not bigger. I mean what do you expect after how big several games got last gen?

The real issue is the SSD sizes on these consoles.

MrS

Banned
I just wish they sold single player separately... I am not downloading 200gb single player campaign for 90usd
You can download each section/mode of the game individually (i.e. download campaign only, download pvp only, etc.). You won't need to DL 200gb just to play the campaign.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Only could secure one pre order. If I could have got two I would have ran two PS5's for no damn reason what the hell sort of logic is that 😂

Your SSDs will be cold storage for the PS5......i assume you are paying another 500 dollars because you want to use them for actual PS5 games.......but it wont support that youd be hot swapping either way.......so having 2 PS5s would cost you the same but actually allow you to switch between all those games you have in moments as opposed to waiting for them to be copied from SSD to internal?

cormack12

Gold Member
Im guessing then the game will be 133GB and when the warzone integration comes in December that will be the extra 150gb? Might be optional though.

SkylineRKR

CoD is the problem likely.

Isn't Spiderman significantly smaller on PS5? I believe both games combined account for 100gb while Spidey 1 on PS4 alone is 80 or so.

Top Bottom