• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bush's final FU to America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Hero

Obama has to do the same shit Bush did when he came into office and halt all this shit. Bush killed a lot stuff when he came in office after Clinton. Mr. Obama needs to kill this shit and return the favor.

GhaleonEB

Zero Hero said:
Obama has to do the same shit Bush did when he came into office and halt all this shit. Bush killed a lot stuff when he came in office after Clinton. Mr. Obama needs to kill this shit and return the favor.
He'll have a large enough majority in congress to reverse all of these (well, the ones landing inside 60 days of congress convening). His transition team has said they are planning to do just that, though I haven't read anything from the Senate side. I'm assuming there are going to be a lot of reversals.

whitehawk

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK?! This is a FUCKNIG JOKE ARTICLE RIGHT?

Seriously wait. This is a joke right. im serious, is it written by the onion and published by Rolling stones? Do they have an april 1st column every month? WAT

AHHAHAHAHADG

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Hey, guys.

You know it's still a federal crime to talk about killing the President, right?

Just have seen it a fwe times and I think that you guys should, you know, know the laws.

-Clover said:
How about a list of the new regulations that you don't like? I'm interested in how this will change peoples life.

A Bush SUPPORTER? How quaint! Aw man, haven't seen one of those in awhile.

YakiSOBA

Why can't Obama just un-do this shit? Someone earlier said "it would be a timesink because he would need to make legislation" stuff... but it doesn't seem Bush needs to?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
whytemyke said:
Hey, guys.

Just have seen it a fwe times and I think that you guys should, you know, know the laws.
Oh, really now...ahem:
I've got nothing.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Rewrite said:
Oh, really now...ahem:
I've got nothing.
as far as i know it's still legal to threaten to kick him in the dick if you ever see him at your local applebees, though...

NomarTyme

whytemyke said:
Hey, guys.

Thanks for the info.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This is just like when the Clintons wrecked the Whitehouse just before Bush took office and they also stole the silverware

Only this time it actually happened, instead of simply being a harbinger of the other carefully orchestrated lies that were to come

-Clover

whytemyke said:
Hey, guys.

I just want to know what you don't like its simple. I feel like people are just jumping in the bandwagon of fuck Bush.

Stinkles

-Clover said:
I just want to know what you don't like its simple. I feel like people are just jumping in the bandwagon of fuck Bush.

Read a fucking newspaper from the last 8 years for fuck's sake. Fuck.

kevm3

-Clover said:

Have you seen the direction our country has been headed as of late?

Stinkles

Garcia said:
I'll just shut my mouth. Don't want to get banned again for showing my love for Bush.

Look, Tank Girl is on TV right now, and I submit it's worse than the Super Mario Bros. Movie, yet strangely identical.

mAcOdIn

To be honest there's one I'm for albeit at the end.

The one about allowing doctors and clinical workers to not do procedures or prescriptions that go against their beliefs. That always seemed like a no brainier to me. I mean, here in Texas even you can find a guy that'd be all too happy to do an abortion or sell the morning after pill, I never understood why we were wanting to force people to break their convictions.

Quite a lot I don't like though.

-Clover

OuterWorldVoice said:
Read a fucking newspaper from the last 8 years for fuck's sake. Fuck.
I feel you bro. OBAMA rocks my socks too.
But I'm talking about the new regulations. Can you tell what you don't like about these new regulations.

Stinkles

-Clover said:
But I'm talking about the new regulations. Can you tell what you don't like about these new regulations.

I don't give a fuck about Obama. I give a fuck about the value of my house, my 401k, our international reputation, our national debt, our exports and the value of the dollar. Which is all on Bush. Obama has to clean up the worst pile of shit since Hercules, but he hasn't started yet. This is about today.

tino

Banned
I hope some American can put the 2nd commandment into good use , if there is still justice in the world.

mAcOdIn said:
The one about allowing doctors and clinical workers to not do procedures or prescriptions that go against their beliefs. That always seemed like a no brainier to me. I mean, here in Texas even you can find a guy that'd be all too happy to do an abortion or sell the morning after pill, I never understood why we were wanting to force people to break their convictions.

So who do you suggest defines what beliefs are and aren't valid as they apply to medical practice?

DanteFox

tino said:
I hope some American can put the 2nd commandment into good use , if there is still justice in the world.

"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

We got it covered dude. ;)

Stinkles

dark steve said:
So who do you suggest defines what beliefs are and aren't valid as they apply to medical practice?

I believe mAc is saying all beliefs are legit. So you could be a surgeon and refuse to give a blood transfusion because you were a Christian Scientist. And so on.

However, what he's really talking about is ABORTION.

Ironically, I agree. I don't think a doctor should have to give an abortion. But then doctors actually don't have to give abortions anyway. As a matter of fact, they don't have to perform any non emergency procedures.

However, if they refused to perform a life-saving abortion, they'd be in contravention of the hypocratic oath, which predates Christ.

for the record, I don't think a private pharmacy should have to give out abortion pills either.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
FlightOfHeaven said:
Dude.

Even this doesn't mesh with your libertarian ideologies. These are regulations needed to stop corporations from fucking us over. If it weren't for regulations like these, we'd be breathing asbestos. What's good about allowing corporations to dump waste into our drinking water?

Better than a nanny state telling us that we can't drink feces infested water!

mAcOdIn

OuterWorldVoice said:
I believe mAc is saying all beliefs are legit. So you could be a surgeon and refuse to give a blood transfusion because you were a Christian Scientist. And so on.

However, what he's really talking about is ABORTION.

Ironically, I agree. I don't think a doctor should have to give an abortion. But then doctors actually don't have to give abortions anyway. As a matter of fact, they don't have to perform any non emergency procedures.

However, if they refused to perform a life-saving abortion, they'd be in contravention of the hypocratic oath, which predates Christ.

for the record, I don't think a private pharmacy should have to give out abortion pills either.

The Christian Science bit was a bit funny as why the fuck would a Christian Scientist become a "modern" doctor but ultimately, yes, you got me right on.

Outside of abortion I don't think there really was a clash of belief in medicine. Someone who doesn't believe in modern medicine isn't going to pursue a career in it, abortion is really the only thing right now that could go against their beliefs in medicine(assuming that some idiotic Christian Scientist didn't just do it for the money and then go "Oh shit I can't do this" but then he should be fired).

And right, the Hippocratic oath does predate Christ and really, outside of life saving abortions one could make the argument that abortion itself goes against it.

That's really the only thing I support on the list. More pollution? Hell no. Most of these do seem bad but then again it could be because of the short descriptions, but probably not considering I've disliked most of what Bush has done.

I have no idea why, but before this I thought bush might've had a soul. This is just reckless, I don't understand, This is Counterintuitive not only to holding public office but morality and rationality itself. Is he trying to test Obama? Does he care about his party anymore?, oh man... at least we can take solace that HIS PARTY IS FUCKED. The public perception of the republican party is going to go down the toilet. Just watch, next congressional run, filibuster proof without a doubt. These environmental changes almost force tears in my eyes, I'm mean, GODDAMN. Does he feel that we didn't appreciate what he has done? This is just immature. What a bastard.

He is only human though, his skin can be penetrated as cut as easily as any other man. I can't believe I would wish such harm to be inflicted on another human being. This is what bugs me the most, the undeniable urge to inflict pain upon another person, with these laws prodding me to give him pain. But If I were I am no better than him, the raw hatred blocking obstructing any sort of empathy towards him.

What a bastard. EDIT: Maybe this is all in preparation to shoot himself, wouldn't that be nice?

Kak.efes

Eteric Rice said:
Where's your modern day Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him?

Guy shoots Kennedy but when a shithead like Bush comes around they're no where to be seen.

What the fuck, America?

:lol

Don't be surprised if you get a knock on your door from the FBI in the not too distant future.

Phoenix said:
You can get all of this information from whitehouse.gov if you want to roll through all of the last minute executive orders and such. While RS may have a particular slant on this, all of the regulations are there for anybody to read. Waiting for a 'real' journalist to pick this up is how these sorts of things end up becoming/staying law. it shouldn't matter WHAT the source is, only that what they are saying is factual.
Can you tell me which part of whitehouse.gov to look under? I checked executive orders but there doesn't seem to be anything recent.

-Clover said:
devilhawk said:
Must be a difficult question.

Not too difficult, it was answered a page ago.

FlightOfHeaven said:
"In early December, the administration finalized a rule that allows the industry to dump waste from mountaintop mining into neighboring streams and valleys"

"the administration has opened up nearly 2 million acres of mountainous lands in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming for the mining of oil shale — an energy-intensive process that also drains precious water resources."

"the administration has approved last-minute regulations that will allow animal waste from factory farms to seep, unmonitored, into America's waterways."

"the White House exempted more than 100 major polluters from monitoring their emissions of lead, a deadly neurotoxin."

"the Labor Department is finalizing a rule openly opposed by Obama that would hamper the government's ability to protect workers from exposure to toxic chemicals"

"But the wording of the new rule is so vague as to allow providers to deny any treatment that anyone in their practice finds objectionable — including contraception, family planning and artificial insemination."

"In a rule that went into effect on December 8th, the administration also limited vision and dental care for more than 50 million low-income Americans who rely on Medicaid."

"One rule under consideration would roll back Watergate-era prohibitions barring state and local law enforcement from spying on Americans and sharing that information with U.S. intelligence agencies."

Even Jaydubya found something objectionable in there.

devilhawk

FlightOfHeaven said:
Not too difficult, it was answered a page ago.

Even Jaydubya found something objectionable in there.
Well, Clover was asking the question to a specific person, who also happens to not be you.

The answer is out there, even if the question wasn't directed towards me.

Does it matter who provides the answer, as long as the answer is there and is correct?

thekad

Banned
GashPrex said:
yes, yes it is - president's only enact legislation by signing a bill into law. he can't just make it up and pass it...sorry.

President's enact regulations as that is the entire point of an executive branch, to administer the laws. Generally, laws have enabling parts of bills that give power to executive branch to pass regulations that deal with small details of enacting these laws. Laws never have everything in them - and so the executive branch takes on that role.

what it looks like to me is happening is that the comment period is waived for these. also, it would be my guess that its actually the separate admin branches passing these - not bush (though it certainly maybe at his direction)
Explain to me how Executive Order #9066 was a "regulation" without sounding stupid. And I'm not saying all executive orders are bad; just the idiotic ones.

devilhawk

FlightOfHeaven said:
The answer is out there, even if the question wasn't directed towards me.

Does it matter who provides the answer, as long as the answer is there and is correct?
The question asked for an opinion.

Considering OWV is a liberal, I'd say it's pretty self-evident what's objectionable about these from his point of view.

What a pointless thing to argue over, when there's an entire list of assrape for the United States right in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom