• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Legends: Salvation for the PSP has arrived! Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DarienA said:
I feel a stick comin....

memory_stick_pro_duo_512_mbl.jpg
+
257777.jpg

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I heard from somebody on another board that the 30 fps doesn't matter much as the game is still fast as hell.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sp3eD said:
I heard from somebody on another board that the 30 fps doesn't matter much as the game is still fast as hell.
Framerate does not impact speed, though. The game can still be VERY fast at 30 fps.

I'm just wondering how easy it will be to see traffic, though. 30 fps + smaller screen with no AA enabled + high speeds = difficult to see? I hope not...

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
That person said that it was pretty easy to see traffic and that the crash mode was awesome even though it had a bit of slowdown.

However, he might be just BS'in so take it with a grain of salt.

Shawn

Banned
The graphics are decent, but not as pretty as the screenshots released (not even close at all).
That's all I need to know.

*crosses off Burnout Legends off "Might Buy" list*

Amir0x

Banned
I want to get this, honestly, but I'm gonna have to hold off. Burnout Revenge is here soon, and that's priority. 30fps, buttered down visuals, and other niggles just makes this list down a bit on my 'to-get' list. Maybe after it drops down in price first I'll get it.

ManaByte said:
Yea, I always base my purchases off impressions of pirated software. ::rolleyes::

Same here. I'll wait for a real review before making my decision. Still pretty high on my must buy list, but I guess I won't be able to get it before I leave for my convention next week as I had planned.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I suppose the game looks like this (only sharper - bad cap)...

921495_20050818_screen003.jpg

...rather than like this (Burnout 3 - bad cap)...

919649_20040809_screen008.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
dark10x said:
I suppose the game looks like this (only sharper - bad cap)...

921495_20050818_screen003.jpg

...rather than like this (Burnout 3 - bad cap)...

919649_20040809_screen008.jpg

DAMN that looks great to me. It looks like the Legends is looking close to Takedown to me. What about you guys?

The PSP is becoming oversaturated with racing games, but I'm actually interested in this one.

Pursuit Force looks like a very interesting idea though. The video that comes with the Euro demo-UMD makes it look like a lot of fun.

ManaByte

Zeo said:
What are the chances of it being different in the one you buy?

Because you never know how old or new the build that leaked out is.

Sort of like when Gamefan leaked out an unfinished preview build of Resident Evil 2 to pirate groups. :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The graphics are decent, but not as pretty as the screenshots released (not even close at all).
Worse than which screenshots? There have been direct framebuffer screens of this, and if it's not even close to them, then what?

BuddyC

quetz67 said:
I hated the rubberband AI in NFSU:Rivals but I think it is fine in Legends. Awesome game
Alright, we're done here.

Quetz67 and FallenOne666: If you either of you can prove you have a legit copy of the game, e-mail me at chris at gaming-age dot com. Otherwise, see you both in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom