• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bully 2 news teased by GameInformer's Senior Associate Editor and Tom Henderson

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The Tweet is locked now, but here's a screenshot:

D06-C3-CF4-60-B1-421-D-A875-12464-B9-E5-ED8.jpg

The 2nd Tweet was something like this:
"Should be up in a week or two?"

And now, Tom Henderson has joined the fun:

Thx to Reddit

K2D

Banned
With GTA6 in development hell, I can see them wanting to squeeze out a Bully 2 to satiate the fans/media/investors..

jaysius

Banned
Bully in 2021 doesn't work, even with trigger warnings they still would get canceled in the first trailer. The insults would be so retarded nobody would even understand them.

I absolutely loved the first game, easily one of my all time favourites.

If there really is a sequel in development my hype levels would go through the roof!

I think it would be an interesting move by Rockstar, there's so much potential with the Bully material, and of course also a lot of material which can be monetised especially for the younger audiences.

K2D

Banned
Considering Geoff Keyley appeal during the opening (which wierdly focused more on people on the internet rather that Activision and other corporations) maybe there is hope R* had good reason to stay clear of the vga's..?

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
It's actually Bully: Definitive Edition coming straight from Grove Street Games.
I hate that this might plausibly be the case. Maybe that is the reason they pulled whatever they had to show.. To much fallout already!

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Man I would love this game, but the current political-correctness and hypersensitivity going on in media makes me think all the edge and good humor will be shuffled out if they make Bully 2. Just look what has happened to standup comedy. You can't even find Louie CK these days. R* recently sourcing out that horrible remaster didn't exactly inspire my confidence in R* either (or the completely lackluster support for RDO).

I thought there were rumors that this project was scrapped and now all of a sudden they are ready for a reveal ? I mean it would make sense for R* to have something in the pipeline other than GTA VI.

AmuroChan

Bully 2 - you play as an oppressed non-binary, pan-sexual individual who must bring peace to the town by taking over the various oppressive cliques - the unvaccinated, the conservatives, the religious, the police, and straight cis white folks in general. You can also befriend various groups to aid you in your mission - the SJWs, Antifa, local college professors, the ACLU, and game journalists.

Bully 2 will be the most over the top wokest shit imaginable. There's no way in the current political climate anything else could by a giant multinational corporation (totally beholden to PR) about high school (the time where self identity truly begins to form and all the social hierarchy navigation begins in earnest).

If this game ever comes out it will be a trainwreck.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
A new Bully 2 rumour springs up about once a year. I'll believe it when I see it.

I also don't think I even want one at this point with Houser gone, and we all know how much Rockstar care about remakes of their old games.

Maybe it's best to let it lie.

RyRy93

GTA 6 is inevitable and if the rumour that Take-Two is pushing Rockstar to publish games more frequently is true then it would make sense for them to be working on something much smaller in scope alongside it - Bully 2

I've seen the rumours before though and thought it had been cancelled

Valentino

What goes on in the mind of that guy from GI to spread info like that publicly? Then wants to hide behind a locked account.
It’s very pick me pick me energy. These nerds didn’t get attention growing up, so some attention on a tweet with information they’ve been trusted with seems to give them that bump of serotonin.

Top Bottom