• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brazilian Playstion fans are getting mad at Sonys lack of regional pricing.

Gran Turismo 7 will be cross gen and priced at £70 here in the UK,

Forza Horizon 5 is priced at £55.

FsbZCO9.jpg

Sony's pricing Strategy is based on Dollars, not Economy.

Even based on Dollars doesn't make sense because £70 = $96, €80 = $96

Last edited:

Three

As a gamer and owner of both a PS5 and a XSX, I'd be doing the same if PS Now was worth getting. I would have actually gotten Now this month after seeing the upcoming games, but then I hear that Sony isn't even giving us PS5 versions of games. Obviously, Sony doesn't care enough about the adoption rate of PS Now.
PS5 versions aren't there because they care about PS5 adoption and are selling PS5 consoles with little to no profit. Selling games is where they make that back.

I can feel their pain as I’m from Turkey. Our currency has lost so much value over this the last couple of years games are now sold above 800 TRY. While it’s not much in terms of Euro -should be about 75 euros-, it’s almost 30 percent of minimum wage in my country (AAA game: 800 TRY, minimum wage: 2800). And over 40 percent of our total population works on a minimum wage. Imagine spending 30 percent of your wage on a video game, there is no way you can play games.

I see a lot of people switching to Xbox, people buy the console, Microsoft sells Series X for less than what costs a PS5, then they buy game pass, it is like 600 TRY for 3 years of membership, which is lower than a single game on PlayStation because Microsoft applies regional pricing. Sony should stop being so greedy and help out those gamers with less economic power, digital games does not have conventional costs that physical media had. Microsoft does it, Amazon does it (1 month of Prime is 10 TRY, which is less than a euro actually), Netflix does it (4K family subscription is 55 TRY, less than 5 euros), Steam also does it. Only goddamn Sony just converts euro to Turkish lira without any regional pricing.

RoboCain

Same here in Argentina. I bought the two consoles last gen and on Xbox I have like a +100 games backlog and on PS4 I have like 20... Guess what platform I'm going with this gen.

Some proof would be great please.
Well to be fair, I'm not the one who originally made a claim. I simply responded to someone suggesting that the PS5 was selling better there. If you're as unbiased as I'm sure you'll claim to be, you should go ask him for proof on his claim.
Well, if that's true, it's more related to availability, that's for sure. PS5 is nowhere to be found. And Paraguay is scalping hard, what made even grey market struggle.
Overall Brazil is divided pretty equally between Xbox and PS. It goes back forth as well. There's been polls that have suggested the XB360 is still more popular than the PS4. But the PS4 easily outsold the Xbox One. Brazil PSX does about a good a job tracking sales there as could be expected, and they routinely see the Series S/X selling out of whatever stock there is well before the PS5.
not true, unless sarcasm?
Why do you think sarcasm?

Why is it that the suggestion of anything other than Playstation sales domination anywhere on earth immediately results in people grabbing pitchforks? I've seen people here before post some absolutely absurd figures like the PS4 outselling the XB1 by 3 and even 4 to 1, without question or doubt, as if it were a given. Someone states that Xbox does better vs PS in Brazil, and already there are 3 people lined up. None of them having so much as a clue as to what consoles sell in Brazil, or how often.

Raekwon26

Well to be fair, I'm not the one who originally made a claim. I simply responded to someone suggesting that the PS5 was selling better there. If you're as unbiased as I'm sure you'll claim to be, you should go ask him for proof on his claim.

Overall Brazil is divided pretty equally between Xbox and PS. It goes back forth as well. There's been polls that have suggested the XB360 is still more popular than the PS4. But the PS4 easily outsold the Xbox One. Brazil PSX does about a good a job tracking sales there as could be expected, and they routinely see the Series S/X selling out of whatever stock there is well before the PS5.

Why do you think sarcasm?

Why is it that the suggestion of anything other than Playstation sales domination anywhere on earth immediately results in people grabbing pitchforks? I've seen people here before post some absolutely absurd figures like the PS4 outselling the XB1 by 3 and even 4 to 1, without question or doubt, as if it were a given. Someone states that Xbox does better vs PS in Brazil, and already there are 3 people lined up. None of them having so much as a clue as to what consoles sell in Brazil, or how often.
No, No, No..............No.

YOU made a claim, you ain't gonna pawn it off on someone else. Provide proof.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

Overall Brazil is divided pretty equally between Xbox and PS. It goes back forth as well. There's been polls that have suggested the XB360 is still more popular than the PS4. But the PS4 easily outsold the Xbox One.
There was an advantage towards Microsoft, at the ps360 era. I doesn't go back and forth now, that only happened 2 generations ago. And you're right at 360 being more popular than PS4, but that doesn't say much, because, for example, PS2 here is more popular than both, not really related to the topic.
Why is it that the suggestion of anything other than Playstation sales domination anywhere on earth immediately results in people grabbing pitchforks?
Well, not exactly pitchforks. You gotta admit that my answer was pretty reasonable to an almost fanboy war affirmation. The base for my affirmation is that I have a (small) computer shop that sells consoles too, and I cannot sell PS5 because Sony is only selling them DIRECTLY to BIG retailers (like Lojas Americanas), not sending them to distributors. The only alternative that I have is to buy them through grey market, but guess how much a PS5 is costing at Paraguay? Fucking 940U$. In the meantime, Xbox one s/x are available at every distributor, but in homeopathic quantities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom