• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brazil is in the Middle of a f***** Outrage right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Banned
I'm not surprised all the shills who shit on me for saying this was a neoliberal authoritarian coup are silent right now.

Not really. Corrupt people giving into pressure to punish one corrupt person in hopes of satisfying the public doesn't mean it was wrong to punish the person to begin with.

Tiu Neo

There are a lot of discussion on the Brazil OT, but most of it is in portuguese.

More recordings leaked/were made avaliable/I don't even know anymore at this point.

The head of the senate, Renan Calheiros and one ex-president with lots of influence, José Sarney.

Let's just say... about everyone was compromised on those tapes. Even Dilma, who was the "Innocent" one up to now, tried to silence journalists about the scandals. Some recordings even make it sound like the impeachment process was already defined with some of Dilma's supposed allies, and even her own party.

It's quite sickening to hear. Politicians that are from different parties, opposition to one another, working together to try to stop the Carwash Operation.

I tried to find some sources in english, but things are happening so fast I couldn't find *everything*.

BUT. I'm kinda glad this happened now. We got rid of the incompetent president, at least for now, and with all this shit happening, I can't see how Temer can keep his power for much time. In the worst case scenario, a lot of those politicians won't be elected at the next elections (or that is what I hope, at least). In the best, we get to impeach Temer and have new elections, hopefuly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom