• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default II ‘Rimedahl’ trailer

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really like the job system in both Bravely Default and Octopath Traveller, since I don't think FF series ever going to back turn based combat, at least I have Bravely series to give me FF style turn based combat.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Getting this day 1 even though I am not happy with the direction the battle system has gone with this entry. Not many games that scratch that turn-based job system itch.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I really like the job system in both Bravely Default and Octopath Traveller, since I don't think FF series ever going to back turn based combat, at least I have Bravely series to give me FF style turn based combat.

Well it was originally a final fantasy game (4 heroes of light iirc). Just glad we are getting more. Love these games.

UnNamed

Banned
Speaking of Octopath Traveller, I hope they will port to consoles the new episode they made for smarphones, seems interesting.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks hideous. Like a 3DS title uprezzed to Switch.
Yeah I think the same, that chibi style on the characters looked nice on the 3DS, but for some reason it looks weird to me on the Switch.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

nah the lighting in the demo was great! Everything has almost a clay stop motion movie look to it.
The art style just harkens back to the 2d games which I love.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I like chibi-overworld models, but in battle they should look more like their character artwork.
So, like in the original FF7 maybe?

What's bugging me isn't the character artworks but mostly the fact that, for 59.99$/79.99CAN$ people will be getting a product that should have been on 3DS. We'll be paying full price for a game that has the same production value of a portable console.

At the very least, the game should come with a day one package like many 3DS games did. Some little extras for the premium price.

eNT1TY

Without the stereoscopic 3d the visuals are underwhelming to say the least; that gimmic is what made the game look special, like a lively colorful diarama . Music is top-notch however. The gameplay alone could not carry this game for me then again the shitty BD1 final chapter grrounhog day bullshit soured the experience for me, most blatant padding i have ever ecoountered.

Reactions: Fbh

Lethal01

Yeah I think the same, that chibi style on the characters looked nice on the 3DS, but for some reason it looks weird to me on the Switch.
The art style just harkens back to the 2d games which I love.

This game wishes is looked as good as an upscaled 3DS game, the 3ds models looked simple and cute, they tried to take that style and force more realistic lighting into it and it looks fucking nasty.

unknown.png

They wish they could look even half as good as an upscaled 3ds game.

This game wishes is looked as good as an upscaled 3DS game
Was about to say the same.
3DS Bravely Default games look stunning, especially considering the stone age hardware they're running on. They're punching way above their weight thanks to amazingly efficient art design.
This new one looks like Team America World Police.
How the fuck did this happen?
Did they #metoo their previous art team or something?

Fbh

The 3DS games actually looked nicer. It's no the graphics themselves, it's the ugly as fuck art direction.
It has been a long time since a game that technically does a lot of stuff I like (turn based RPG, cool music, nice towns, etc) has been so off putting just because of how ugly it looks.

Even the environments and dungeons are ugly and really basic outside of the towns.

Exentryk

??? What is diferent now?
The battle system isn't round based anymore. Both previous BD games and even Octopath Traveler were round based, which means all 4 characters and all enemies get one turn each in a bounded round. Now, speed is king, and a faster character can get multiple turns before a slower gets even one turn.

How this changes the battles compared to previous BD games is that now using Braves and going into negative slows you down. Also Default doesn't execute at the start of the round (since no rounds exist), which means slower characters can get hit and die before they even get to default. So the core mechanics of this series (Brave and Default) function poorly compared to previous games.

Top Bottom