• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands movie adaptation adds HALLOWEEN star Jamie Lee Curtis as Tannis

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
jamieleeborderlands-1280x720.jpg

After Kevin Hart & Cate Blanchett Jamie Lee Curtis is joining the project.
Curtis will play Tannis, an archeologist on Pandora who might have the key to finding the vault, but whose complicated history with Lilith (Blanchett) isn’t going to help.
Craig Mazin wrote the most recent draft of the screenplay.

Avi Arad and Ari Arad are producing through their Arad Productions banner with Erik Feig of Picturestart. Exec producers are Randy Pitchford, EP of the Borderlands video game franchise and founder of Gearbox Entertainment, and Strauss Zelnick, chairman and CEO of 2K parent Take-Two Interactive.

Patricia Tannis is a scientist and archaeologist who specializes in Eridian artifacts and technology. She was once employed by the Dahl corporation to unearth the hidden Vault on the planet of Pandora.
During her stay on Pandora, she had several psychological breakdowns as a result of the harsh environment and the death of most of her colleagues. As a result of these breakdowns, Tannis started to reflect personalities outwards to immobile objects to cope with her loneliness.
One such object was her ECHO Recorder.

borderlands-jamie-lee-curtis-header.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Desudzer10

My god...Besides DQ, Borderlands is my favorite series ever. When they announced a movie i was excited as i can be. But how can anyone be excited with these casting choices. They obviously know nothing about the series

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Why is some shit meme game series getting high quality actors for its movie adaptation.
Because games are bigger than movies nowadays and those Hollywood actors need to pay for their lifestyles, so their agents convince producers there are people willing to watch these movies for the actor brand.

Jamie Lee Curtis rules. The last Halloween movie was solid

So far all the announced casting choices are odd, but all good performers. Hopefully the script is legit

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I really don't understand what they are doing.

This movie supposed to be market to the fans i believed, so.....they did not adapt the video game at all?
Amazing decision.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Our own Steve Weintraub asked Hart about stepping into the Borderlands world and what he could tease about the project.

"Once again, it's all about the shock factor. This is me stepping into action full speed ahead, no comedy. I'm responsible for the action," Hart said, revealing that this is a definite change of pace for him in terms of his career. He also spoke about an early conversation he had with Roth in regards to proving that he could take on the part of Roland:

"He said, 'Kevin, if you tell me that you can show up prepared and that you want to come in and knock this out, then you're my guy.' So I went, I did some training with some Navy SEALS, I got real good with weapons, I got real good with my hand-to-hand combat. And the experience here in Budapest filming Borderlands has been unreal. Cate Blanchett, Jamie Lee Curtis, myself, Flo [Munteanu], Ariana [Greenblatt]... I mean, our cast is unreal. He truly is knocking this movie out the park. And I can say visually, it's like nothing you've ever seen. Somehow I find myself in these spaces where you get a part of these IPs that are hitting the big screen and have the potential to become so much more. ... Borderlands, nobody knows what to expect, but if this thing comes and it smacks people correctly, you could be looking at Borderlands 2, Borderlands 3. It's that good."

Top Bottom