• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Movie Adaptation Is in the Works, Directed by Eli Roth

Mista

Banned
5ca6533cc6cc500c8e50c0f6.jpeg

Borderlands is the latest video game to receive a movie adaptation. As reported today by The Hollywood Reporter, Cabin Fever and Hostel director Eli Roth is set to direct the upcoming film for Lionsgate.

Eli Roth:
I’m so excited to dive into the world of Borderlands, and I could not be doing it with a better script, producing team and studio. I have a long, successful history with Lionsgate — I feel like we have grown up together and that everything in my directing career has led to a project of this scale and ambition,

The script, meanwhile, has been written by Emmy-winning screenwriter Craig Mazin, while producers Avi Arad and Ari Arad (Arad Productions) are working alongside Erik Feig on the project. Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford and Strauss Zelnick are set to take the role of executive producers.

zeorhymer

So when they shoot things will a bunch of rainbow colored weapons pop up? Is majority of the movie going through the loot and pick which weapon has the highest DPS with elemental properties?

makaveli60

Why is it that nowadays all video game movies are made based on video games that don't need movies at all? Seriously, why? No interesting story, nothing. Where is my BioShock movie? Mass Effect movie? Control movie? Bloodborne movie? I could go on and on. But no, we get a Borderlands movie, I can't even...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If it's more Tales from the Borderlands and less Borderlands 3, I'm in

Once this wrapped up n done, this movie will have Mad Max vibez written all over it, which I like.

Plus Eli has proven major ballz to tackle anything in it's way and make it a Blockbuster at a Ticketmaster.

Lol I wonder if Randy knows Eli Roth once spoke out against SJWs and *gasp* sort of defended Gamergate.

And we all know how Randy feels about Gamergate.... Lol.

Fuz

Banned
Ok, here we go.

Tales from the Borderlands is a bad Borderlands.

Decent game, decent story, decent jokes. Decent saturday morning cartoon.

But a terrible Bordelands.

Last edited:
Why is it that nowadays all video game movies are made based on video games that don't need movies at all? Seriously, why? No interesting story, nothing. Where is my BioShock movie? Mass Effect movie? Control movie? Bloodborne movie? I could go on and on. But no, we get a Borderlands movie, I can't even...
Seven Hour War movie.

There is already an impressive fanmade short movie of Resistance going up against the Combine invasion of Earth.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I don't see it being any good, but Sonic the Hedgehog is proof that a video game adaption can be good if done right.

Mista

Banned
Ok, here we go.

Tales from the Borderlands is a bad Borderlands.

Decent game, decent story, decent jokes. Decent saturday morning cartoon.

But a terrible Bordelands.
Based on what? Comparing it with Borderlands 1&2? Thats dumb if you ask me

It got its own thing and it nailed it

Cravis

Ugh. Roth hasn’t done anything great since the original Hostel.

Then again this thing might have a decent budget with producers trying to keep the financial backers happy. Ten bucks says he leaves “due to creative differences” before cameras start rolling.

Mista

Banned
Who thought Sonic will actually be a successful movie especially after the first impressions? Exactly, nobody. Lets wait before jumping ships. Maybe its about god damn time video games gets proper movies

CRAIG667

Erm... The Borderlands games are FULL of stories, it's easy to ignore sure but my concern is more of where do they even start with so much on their plate to choose from.

Top Bottom