• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg's reporter Takashi Mochizuki clarifies that Itagaki's next game will not be an XBOX exclusive [Planned for XBOX,PS5,Steam]

SSfox

Who cares if it's exclusive, what I care is can he create something new as epic as he did with Ninja Gaiden. Tbh I doubt it, but if he think he can prove me wrong then I'll be more than happy to be wrong, wait and see.

Aggelos

With Itagaki Games being an independent (and relatively) small studio (and not a big Japanese VG company), the only way to make an Xbox exclusive game is by having MS slipping some money-hats under the table, or if MS had bought Itagaki Games altogether. Otherwise Itagaki Games will go belly up before long.

Last edited:

Elios83

Itagaki has obviously no publisher at this point. He's probably shopping around a prototype and he was basically begging Microsoft publicly to fund him in memory of the support he gave them during the original Xbox days, which quite frankly was a bit sad to see.
Until he has a publisher stating that his game is planned for certain platforms has not much sense.

Current day microsoft is completely different from when he was courted by them back in the og xbox, early 360 days.

He didn't get the memo probably. Now it's all about female empowerment and shit. A game like Ninja gaiden 1-2 would never be published by them in this day and age. I could only see nintendo going for it out of the 3 manufacturers, which is hilarious to me.

Last edited:

Drew1440

Current day microsoft is completely different from when he was courted by them back in the og xbox, early 360 days.

He didn't get the memo probably. Now it's all about female empowerment and shit. A game like Ninja gaiden 1-2 would never be published by them in this day and age. I could only see nintendo going for it out of the 3 manufacturers, which is hilarious to me.
Maybe if they make Hayabusa a woman, or put one of the DOA females as the lead.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
amidst the mountain of elephant poop the OG Xbox catalog was.
tenor.gif

Who cares if it's exclusive, what I care is can he create something new as epic as he did with Ninja Gaiden. Tbh I doubt it, but if he think he can prove me wrong then I'll be more than happy to be wrong, wait and see.
He probably could come rather close to it, but he will definitely need a VERY talented team to accomplish that goal which is near insurmountable. I don’t think there are many developers around who can even come close to replicating the greatness that is Ninja Gaiden now that I really think about it unfortunately.

SSfox

He probably could come rather close to it, but he will definitely need a VERY talented team to accomplish that goal which is near insurmountable. I don’t think there are many developers around who can even come close to replicating the greatness that is Ninja Gaiden now that I really think about it unfortunately.
I would really love to, Ninja gaiden were so amazing, specially 1 and 2 the ones that he directed. A game like this would be so cool specially nowadays when a lot of devs all they care about is their ultra realism, agenda, inclusivity and other BS stuffs.

Tutomos

Itagaki needs to remove the sunglasses he wears indoors so he could see the contract he signed with the publisher.

Top Bottom