• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Microsoft will keep publishing Activision titles on PlayStation

Saber

Gold Member
EITHER WAY. Try again though. People on here thinking they need to somehow recoup their money is hilarious. šŸ˜‚

Hilatious is to think that Microsoft burns money just because they have "money to throw". They didn't born yesterday, they are a company. If they have funds to spend on something, they probably want return(long term).

Hows that hard to understand? They're not doing charity, Microsoft like all companies main focus is profit.
Now you tell me why wouldn't they want that money back and why do you think they burn money here and there ,as if "we have money and don't care to spend"?

MScarpa

Hilatious is to think that Microsoft burns money just because they have "money to throw". They didn't born yesterday, they are a company. If they have funds to spend on something, they probably want return(long term).

Hows that hard to understand? They're not doing charity, Microsoft like all companies main focus is profit.
Now you tell me why wouldn't they want that money back and why do you think they burn money here and there ,as if "we have money and don't care to spend"?
Man, I can't understand what you're trying to say sorry buddy. Good luck though.

Hezekiah

Banned
Game Pass is $15 a month when team blue is talking about how much it costs, but only $1 for 3 years when we are talking sub numbers. Gotta love it.
And GamePass is making a ton of money for Microsoft, while still providing hundreds of games for 'free' according to some others šŸ˜

Last edited:

onesvenus

If they don't do GamePass day one it'll be because they will have them separate from Xbox Game Studios and will remain as just Activision.
Kinda like Sony and Bungie will be.
Isn't that exactly how Bethesda operates? Aren't all their games in Gamepass?

reksveks

That money has been converted into an asset instead of being in cash.

The real question for Microsoft is can Activision generate a bigger ROI than having 70bn in a bank generating interest or investing 70bn in other ways.

Dumb way but that 70bn asset is generating 3bn in profit yearly so that's about 4% ROI per year which is greater than having it in a bank.

How much GP would affect that 4% is a good question? Dumb calculations would suggest about 0.5% (50% of the Activision specific OI)

Last edited:

Chukhopops

The ROI comparison should be really made to the alternative of leaving the money in the bank or investing in something else and assuming the value of the asset hasn't changed.
Yep, remember that MS bought for 19.7bn a company called Nuance which reported 333M earnings in 2021.

AB brings 25 times more revenue for 3.5 times the cost, sure itā€™s a different industry but still, looks like AB was a bargain.

Fredrik

And GamePass is making a ton of money for Microsoft, while still providing hundreds of games for 'free' according to some others šŸ˜
Comes from how some just go to the store subbing at standard price and still buy games and content while some do like me and cheese the system getting it cheaper and never buy anything. Same as the new Playstation Plus which I also stacked cheaply for a couple years. I donā€™t really care, Iā€™m just going to keep enjoying playing more games for less money on two platforms now. šŸ„³

onesvenus

Yeah but CoD is bigger than any Bethesda game. That's the only way I would see it not being day one.
Then your previous argument doesn't make sense.

You can say you don't think it will be in Gamepass because CoD is bigger than any Bethesda game.

Saying it won't be there because Activision will be separated from XGS the same way Bethesda is, when Bethesda's games are there it's not a sound logic argument

Three

Keep in mind that Minecraft wasn't added to GP for years even though MS owned them. It was a huge seller. Now it isn't.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
That money has been converted into an asset instead of being in cash.

The real question for Microsoft is can Activision generate a bigger ROI than having 70bn in a bank generating interest or investing 70bn in other ways.

Dumb way but that 70bn asset is generating 3bn in profit yearly so that's about 4% ROI per year which is greater than having it in a bank.

How much GP would affect that 4% is a good question? Dumb calculations would suggest about 0.5% (50% of the Activision specific OI)

Thank you. Finally someone gave me an imput other than "believe".

Last edited:
MS changes direction all the time, making any prediction for things that are going to happen years from now seems like a shot in the dark.

Gamepass model could fail to live up to their projections (despite all the value provided and massive investment, it has yet to prove itself as something truly disruptive to the overall gaming market), Gamepass could succeed but also show up on more platforms over time, F2P/GaaS could end up dominating even more than it does now, MS becoming this big of a publisher could change how they see things.

On top of all that Activision Blizzard is in really bad shape when it comes to the quality of their games and being able to put games out, that alone is already a massive question mark.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The poll is as useless or useful as any other poll and/or analyst assessment that you can refer to online.

One will agree with it if it aligns with your interests or vehemently argue against it if it doesn't.

200.gif

That's a weird way to view this one poll. But okay.....

Top Bottom