• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne and RDR2 have been ported to run at 60 FPS on a retail, exploitable PS5

Woggleman

Do they not realize this will increase sales? All they have to do is advertise it so that you see it the minute you boot up the PS5 and that is a ton of downloads and purchases.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Ubisoft has done a decent job with some older games, but I think we're supposed to hate them so it doesn't count.
Ubisoft have been very “pro consumer” with their upgrades this gen and should be rightfully applauded. I went back and played Assasins creed origins for a while in 60fps and it’s really beautiful. Rockstar are taking the absolute piss with their handling of next gen patches and ports.

Stuart360

More reasons to ditch console for PC. This is insulting how easy it seems.
If you love consoles, dont. You will never want to go back to consoles after being PC only for a while. The freedom you have with what to do, and how to do it, its too much.

MikeM

If you love consoles, dont. You will never want to go back to consoles after being PC only for a while. The freedom you have with what to do, and how to do it, its too much.
Oh I love consoles. Still have and use my PS5 a lot (60fps+ is enough for me). But, I find how easy these fixes seem to be insulting to the console base. They should be been automatic (even “use at your own risk” if they don’t want to QA).

mrcroket

I've had high-end PCs for decades and consoles and love both. PCs are great, but consoles have their advantages, speed of use, simplicity, OS designed for gaming with all its interface optimized for it (no, big picture is not at all the same), in general "priority" versions of games with less bugs... Plus no drivers, no windows updates, no random incompatibilities that require tinkering, no game settings...

And I work as a coder, so I'm someone who's pretty handy with computers.

Last edited:

omegasc

Don't blindingly blame the devs. Lots of times it's just a matter of not having a place to bill it to, lack of business approval or not having approval to go through all the QA process after it's even ready, done by someone who cares, in their spare time.

K2D

Banned
It's not that bad. There are much worse remakes. I can live with the changes and I like both the original and the remake.

While I do not like the artistic liberties they've taken, atleast they gave the titles a facelift. Demon's Soul dearly needed it..!

Pedro Motta

Bloodborne is already locked away and forgotten in Sony's IP vault, never to see the light of day again.
high quality GIF

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
After 10 years there is no PC release, no pro or ps5 patch, no ps5 remaster, no official news of any kind. So unless you have any proof saying something else, it is.
We don't get Sony's internal roadmaps so we've no idea where they have a Bloodborne remake/remaster on it, they know it's a classic and highly thought of game it's just a question of where it sits amongst all the other up and coming games in development

Svejk

With they steam 2023 has been rolling with, I feel there's a possibility of a BB Remake/re-release to be at least teased come the VGA's (lol) or a year end State of Play.

Fbh

Fucking sony. how hard can it be to patch those games

The only thing I can think of is that if they want to release it as an official patch they'd probably want every game to go through QA again.

But they could just release it as an optional mode with a warning that "unexpected things might happen" or something like that. Just as they did with the boost mode on ps4Pro
JPHi5Ec.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The only thing I can think of is that if they want to release it as an official patch they'd probably want every game to go through QA again.

But they could just release it as an optional mode with a warning that "unexpected things might happen" or something like that. Just as they did with the boost mode on ps4Pro
JPHi5Ec.jpg
yeah just make it experimental and offer these unlocks. Make some effort sony

Fbh

yeah just make it experimental and offer these unlocks. Make some effort sony

See that's the problem with "arrogant Sony".
Since a game like Bloodborne is old, sold for cheap and has been given out with Ps+, chances are that a 60fps patch wouldn't really bring in a lot of money in terms of sales.
I'd primarily be a nice gesture towards fans and a way to garner some goodwill.

But since Ps5 is doing fine and Xbox is still lagging significantly behind they have no need for it. I'm almost certain that if the Xbox was in a more competitive position we'd see Sony do a lot more of these "nice gestures".
Which is why I never get why people want Xbox to fail, IMO as a Ps5 owner one of the best things that could happen is for Xbox to do well and put more pressure on Sony

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
See that's the problem with "arrogant Sony".
Since a game like Bloodborne is old, sold for cheap and has been given out with Ps+, chances are that a 60fps patch wouldn't really bring in a lot of money in terms of sales.
I'd primarily be a nice gesture towards fans and a way to garner some goodwill.

But since Ps5 is doing fine and Xbox is still lagging significantly behind they have no need for it. I'm almost certain that if the Xbox was in a more competitive position we'd see Sony do a lot more of these "nice gestures".
Which is why I never get why people want Xbox to fail, IMO as a Ps5 owner one of the best things that could happen is for Xbox to do well and put more pressure on Sony
Sony really needs to work on their PR.
60fps 4k bloodborne patch would take some dev 1 day to a week of work (or Lance will do it for free) and you gain tons of PR.
Xbox is so much more friendly and outgoing as much as it pains me to admit that.
Sony is at least not lying or anything but they are just so distant from the customer at times

Ever wanted to run Bloodborne at 60fps on your PS5? Well now you can! We take a closer look at libhijacker - a new homebrew tool that works in conjunction with an exploitable PlayStation PS5 (running firmware 4.03) to enable 60FPS patches for games. In today's episode we test it all out.

I'm adding this MVG video to the OP as well.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance

JPHi5Ec.jpg
Good idea but you would have grub developers like Rockstar complaining that they would lose a potential money making product in the future when they try to sell a 60fps RDR2 update for full price. You only need to look at what they just did with RDR1 (where they couldn't even be fucked updating to 60fps).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That this is so easily possible and Sony hasn't provided a patch accomplishing the same is infuriating.
Game has been delisted due to licensing. So that much was a given that it would not receive one.

Still pains me, because it looks like the best looking racer even in current year with 60fps. Made a HUGE difference in clarity and overall look/feel.

Top Bottom