• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne and RDR2 have been ported to run at 60 FPS on a retail, exploitable PS5

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I wish my PS5 wasn’t updated, I’d love to play Bloodborne at 60. Sure would be nice if Sony/From would just release an official 60fps patch…

Ar¢tos

I wish my PS5 wasn’t updated, I’d love to play Bloodborne at 60. Sure would be nice if Sony/From would just release an official 60fps patch…
Bloodborne is already locked away and forgotten in Sony's IP vault, never to see the light of day again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Bloodborne is already locked away and forgotten in Sony's IP vault, never to see the light of day again.
Google Pout GIF

Ar¢tos

Nah, Bloodborne most likely will receive remake treatment, similar to Demon Souls
The only studio I would trust to remake (Bluepoint) it is busy making an original game (hopefully not GAAS crap).
I rather have no remake than letting some bunch of hired industry newbs hack it away.
Imagine a remake made by High Voltage? 🤣

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The only studio I would trust to remake (Bluepoint) it is busy making an original game (hopefully not GAAS crap).
I rather have no remake than letting some bunch of hired industry newbs hack it away.
They said they were working on "original content." So that ambiguity could mean anything at this point.

A remake is still "original content," I don't think an original IP or new IP.

Last edited:

Fbh

No time for Bloodborne when you have to work on
Horizon 1 Remake
Horizon the MMO
Horizon the monster hunting GaaS
Horizon the TV Show
Horizon 3
The last of us Part 2 remake

Bloodbone doesn't even really need a remake.
Just remaster it:
60fps
As high as the resolution goes without dropping frames
Improves the textures a bit
Some quality of life upgrades
Release on PC.

They could release an enhanced version for like $40 and I could see it doing very well in sales. Specially after Elden Ring created a lot of new Souls fans who would probably be eager to try out Bloodborne

Tsaki

Well the remake would hopefully be for the PS6 only. Having some RT Global Illumination and AO would do wonders for the atmosphere. Nevermind some proper textures worthy of that game.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Arguably the two most requested last-gen titles for a 60fps update.

The lack of any official versions after all this time is baffling.
Probably that they just want people to buy remakes/remasters when the come out. If they had made official patches like this at PS5 launch they could have benefited from additional sales of these titles for people that missed them and then people would have still bought the inevitable remakes whenever they come out.

poodaddy

I feel like we're gonna get an official patch at some point with all this news about Bloodborne. Maybe I'm just being naively positive, but it just seems like Sony might throw us a bone here at some point.....I'm gonna choose to believe that forever so I'm never disappointed lol.

mortal

Gold Member
Probably that they just want people to buy remakes/remasters when the come out. If they had made official patches like this at PS5 launch they could have benefited from additional sales of these titles for people that missed them and then people would have still bought the inevitable remakes whenever they come out.
I'd consider a remake a bit excessive, but in the absence of a patch, I'd happily go for a remastered port of Bloodborne for PS5 / PC, with new QoL features and configuration.

Less so for RDR2, mostly because I'm more skeptical of T2 or R* coming through and making a worthwhile remaster, given their recent track record.

Tripolygon

Banned
Sony has the capability to do this if they want but you can't patch someone else's code without permission and they don't wanna go through the hassle of asking everyone for permission. They'd rather have the developers patch the games themselves.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
If I could guarantee I was buying a firmware 4.51 PS5, I would totally get a second one. 60fps Gravity Rush 2 and Bloodborne alone would be worth it.
A hacked ps5 is a great deal for me. All the ps4 exclusives I'd want to play at 60fps and a 100% discount for every past, present and future PS5 title. (Yes, I know. I'm a cheapo. Idgaf lol)

That being said, when I sell my series s at gamestop later this month that money is going towards one of those refurbished steam decks. The software is more mature now and there will be plenty of homebrew potential.

//DEVIL//

I wonder if Rockstar will take this and re-release RDR2 for $50.
It's probably just 1 line code to unlock the max frame from 30 to 60.

2 lines max heh.

It's usually accessing the ps5 to exploit it is the problem

Last edited:

Business

They could build a massive amount of goodwill among their player base at almost no cost and they still prefer to look like arrogant suits. Wish somebody with access would clue in their leadership.

saintjules

I don't understand Lance and his obsession with this. I mean it was cool he got it to run on PS4? But it's on an exploited PS5.

It's like, "Hey Sony look at me! Please do this."

Last edited:
Top Bottom